Tech N9ne getting fame he deserves? HERE'S HOW!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 16, 2003
I just had to comment on this, if the nigga was making that much money off all of his albums, theres no fucking reason he couldn't afford Kanye.
My point was that even if Tech had and wanted a collab w/ Mr West they would have to wait until his schedule clears.....in 2024:knockout:Kanye isnt going to break his ass to get on a Tech track unless he wants to. That goes for any rapper, mainstream underground or whatever. If they wanna get on / Tech or Tech wants to fuck with them then both sides have to agree to the terms...thats all there is to it. I have a feeling tho that the longer Killer is out and the more popular he gets that this will change. Folks will seek him out for collabs and shit...time will tell I suppose

Jun 13, 2005
**cough cough**

Plus most "mainstream" artists are on the grind for 10 or more years before they get there shine so in reality Tech is right on time compared to most....

I think that it will bottom out sales wise until the next tour starts...then well see a jump again..

Just my 2 pesos:siccness::siccness:
1st tech is 36 going on 37 do you realize that most cats hit it famous at a much younger age. Not to mention when you say 10 or more you really should take in to consideration by techs word now he has been in the rap game for 21 years. As tech said it himself in the mainstream of things if people don't know your name they don't know your music, that would be why G-Unit is selling 100k units compared to Tech's 40-45k. Now don't get me wrong, I realize he is independent and underground, but by the way this nigga sounds on killer HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE UNDERGROUND. He wants everyone to know his name. What Blackboy was saying carried some weight what is the current relevance of the guest spots on the album, shit my friends and people I was playing the album for said the same thing. Scarface, X-Clan, and Ice Cube have been irrelevant for quite some time. Now I can understand that these cats may have been his favorite rappers since the 90's but now no one listens to them. How many units did M.A.D.E. sell, or Laugh Now Cry Later, or shit even Get Money, Stay True? I'll tell you this NOT THAT MANY. I can understand if Tech is friends or cool with Paul Wall, but Tech as well has to of realized that Paul Wall's fame went bye bye around the same time as Everready dropped. Shit that might just have something to do with Paul Wall getting water bottles thrown at him from the fans and getting booed at the fire and ice tour, cause that motherfuckers fan bases has dwindled to a size smaller then Tech's. I got no problem with Tech featuring Krizz or Kutt cause anything those three do together is beautiful, but he didn't need to go out and get a bunch of 1990's and early to mid 2000 rappers on an album that's supposed to get him national and from what I understand from what it sounds like he wants, global exposure. Honestly what maybe cool to him at 36 is the same shit that was cool to me back in the 90's, but that’s not what is cool to people no more, but just a handful and those people probably won't even pick up the cd. Honestly the rest of the guest appearances weren't even needed on the album except for Krizz, Kutt, Liz Suwandi, and the Strange Lane Choir. The rest could have gone and would not have been missed. Shit I would have much rather heard Luda spit on the Let's Go then Mr. F.a.B. All I'm sayin' is if this nigga is struggling so much that he can't afford Kanye to spit 16 bars, shit even 8 then he really should have reconsidered bringing in all this excess weight on to this album. Fuck the only skippable tracks for me are tracks that are featuring somebody. Shit you wanna keep the nigga underground then fine I would have rather heard Matic Lee on Paint a Dark Picture, what the fuck did he need Tha Dirtball on there for, one of the worst versus on the album next to KMK's verses.

Lastly, you say that Tech's album sales are going to go up thanks to him touring, while he is going to be entertaining the same fans that he has for like the last three years. sure he might get lets say 10k-25k units moved TOPS thanks to the touring, but Hey maybe if he would have shelled out the extra little bit of money to put Common or Lupe on a track then maybe that 10k-25k units could have been pushed to 50k, and the debut for the album could have pushed 80k-100k units in the first week. I'll tell you what though Strange not putting a video out before the albums release definitely didn't help either, cause I try to talk this album up every day with random people and not a god damn soul knows about it. Trust me I’ve been out passing flyers and cd samplers up here and nearly nobody has any idea of who I’m talking about when I try to promote his shit. Also wasn't Everready supposed to be the album to push him into the mainstream light, I know that the touring didn't help with that albums sales anymore then I believe that touring with KMK for the second year in a row will help with this years album release.

Alright I'm ready for the barrage of, this guys a moron, or you don't know what your talking about, but shit just imagine how much more money tech could be making as an INDEPENDENT artist if he were to have pulled in the bigger name cats by flashing the 100k in their face rather then paying a bunch of niggas he's cool with what 25k-50k each for verses that not nearly as many people are going to hear.

And now start the hate...

Jun 13, 2005
u dumb fucker... excuse my language

but AFFORDING kanye goes against
his god damn principle of no pay for play
god damn!!!
acctually i'm sure he payed to have every other person on that album, but seriously i don't really give a fuck what you got to say anyway, no pay for play relates to radio and tv ROTATION not featured artists on an album. Hey but i won't need to excuse my language here for you i guess it's not your fault your just a little too slow.

Jun 13, 2005
My point was that even if Tech had and wanted a collab w/ Mr West they would have to wait until his schedule clears.....in 2024:knockout:Kanye isnt going to break his ass to get on a Tech track unless he wants to. That goes for any rapper, mainstream underground or whatever. If they wanna get on / Tech or Tech wants to fuck with them then both sides have to agree to the terms...thats all there is to it. I have a feeling tho that the longer Killer is out and the more popular he gets that this will change. Folks will seek him out for collabs and shit...time will tell I suppose
I respect that idea, but hey as they say Money Rules the world, you show enough of it and anyone will be willing to hop on board. Let's not forget children you got to spend money to what... thats right make money. And i believe it was you who talked about the new lighting show at the concert, yeah that probably was expensive, but hey thats not any different from any MAINSTREAM artist. I know how that word is Taboo on this forum.

Jun 13, 2005
plus to my knowledge kanye or
n e one for that matter is not down
w/ his music, so they can suck it
Wow that's a pretty ignorant statement to make, determining that kanye isn't DOWN with his music, for all you know Tech maybe a rapper that he truely respects, but hey you don't know the nigga do you? Shit for all you know he may only stear away from Tech's music cause of the negativity that surrounds him from the Juggalo Family. if anything that "family" maybe the only reason he dosen't come up in the rap/hip-hop world and that would really suck for an artists that so talented to be kept down by a fan bases he made during the lowest point in his life. He can't deny that he's made his wealth and what fame he has off of the juggalos, but now it's time for him to push on past that and on to BIGGER and BETTER things. As he said he just wants to provide for his family.

Jul 1, 2007
1st tech is 36 going on 37 do you realize that most cats hit it famous at a much younger age. Not to mention when you say 10 or more you really should take in to consideration by techs word now he has been in the rap game for 21 years. As tech said it himself in the mainstream of things if people don't know your name they don't know your music, that would be why G-Unit is selling 100k units compared to Tech's 40-45k. Now don't get me wrong, I realize he is independent and underground, but by the way this nigga sounds on killer HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE UNDERGROUND. He wants everyone to know his name. What Blackboy was saying carried some weight what is the current relevance of the guest spots on the album, shit my friends and people I was playing the album for said the same thing. Scarface, X-Clan, and Ice Cube have been irrelevant for quite some time. Now I can understand that these cats may have been his favorite rappers since the 90's but now no one listens to them. How many units did M.A.D.E. sell, or Laugh Now Cry Later, or shit even Get Money, Stay True? I'll tell you this NOT THAT MANY. I can understand if Tech is friends or cool with Paul Wall, but Tech as well has to of realized that Paul Wall's fame went bye bye around the same time as Everready dropped. Shit that might just have something to do with Paul Wall getting water bottles thrown at him from the fans and getting booed at the fire and ice tour, cause that motherfuckers fan bases has dwindled to a size smaller then Tech's. I got no problem with Tech featuring Krizz or Kutt cause anything those three do together is beautiful, but he didn't need to go out and get a bunch of 1990's and early to mid 2000 rappers on an album that's supposed to get him national and from what I understand from what it sounds like he wants, global exposure. Honestly what maybe cool to him at 36 is the same shit that was cool to me back in the 90's, but that’s not what is cool to people no more, but just a handful and those people probably won't even pick up the cd. Honestly the rest of the guest appearances weren't even needed on the album except for Krizz, Kutt, Liz Suwandi, and the Strange Lane Choir. The rest could have gone and would not have been missed. Shit I would have much rather heard Luda spit on the Let's Go then Mr. F.a.B. All I'm sayin' is if this nigga is struggling so much that he can't afford Kanye to spit 16 bars, shit even 8 then he really should have reconsidered bringing in all this excess weight on to this album. Fuck the only skippable tracks for me are tracks that are featuring somebody. Shit you wanna keep the nigga underground then fine I would have rather heard Matic Lee on Paint a Dark Picture, what the fuck did he need Tha Dirtball on there for, one of the worst versus on the album next to KMK's verses.

Lastly, you say that Tech's album sales are going to go up thanks to him touring, while he is going to be entertaining the same fans that he has for like the last three years. sure he might get lets say 10k-25k units moved TOPS thanks to the touring, but Hey maybe if he would have shelled out the extra little bit of money to put Common or Lupe on a track then maybe that 10k-25k units could have been pushed to 50k, and the debut for the album could have pushed 80k-100k units in the first week. I'll tell you what though Strange not putting a video out before the albums release definitely didn't help either, cause I try to talk this album up every day with random people and not a god damn soul knows about it. Trust me I’ve been out passing flyers and cd samplers up here and nearly nobody has any idea of who I’m talking about when I try to promote his shit. Also wasn't Everready supposed to be the album to push him into the mainstream light, I know that the touring didn't help with that albums sales anymore then I believe that touring with KMK for the second year in a row will help with this years album release.

Alright I'm ready for the barrage of, this guys a moron, or you don't know what your talking about, but shit just imagine how much more money tech could be making as an INDEPENDENT artist if he were to have pulled in the bigger name cats by flashing the 100k in their face rather then paying a bunch of niggas he's cool with what 25k-50k each for verses that not nearly as many people are going to hear.

And now start the hate...
Yeah sometimes it seems like im clueless to what tech and trav are doing business wise.. but hey i couldn't give a fuck if tech goes out to the world really, i just want the music.. I love the killer album and i thought all the ft's were good apart from kmk<have no idea wtf those dudes are rapping about?tryin to be threatning lol

I don't like threads like these ay because the thoughts and points are just hitting a brick wall and it's not like what we say matters so i just try to correct people.. not bitch about possibilitys

Jun 8, 2004
www.myspace.com
Wow that's a pretty ignorant statement to make, determining that kanye isn't DOWN with his music, for all you know Tech maybe a rapper that he truely respects, but hey you don't know the nigga do you? Shit for all you know he may only stear away from Tech's music cause of the negativity that surrounds him from the Juggalo Family. if anything that "family" maybe the only reason he dosen't come up in the rap/hip-hop world and that would really suck for an artists that so talented to be kept down by a fan bases he made during the lowest point in his life. He can't deny that he's made his wealth and what fame he has off of the juggalos, but now it's time for him to push on past that and on to BIGGER and BETTER things. As he said he just wants to provide for his family.
That doesn't really matter, because Kanye is trash.

Oct 25, 2006
Drop some money. Get the people who will get you attention. Get T-Pain. Get Lil' Wayne. Get a Kanye beat or two on there. Tech makes a TON of money on merch at every show. He's friends with people that matter. He's got connections. He could get these guest spots. And since he already has guest spots on every song anyway, might as well make them names that will get attention.

For instance, if he had taken the money he paid Ice Cube, Scarface, Paul Wall, and Shawnna.........and combine all that money and give it to someone who is actually, yanno...relevant right now. I <3 Ice Cube all day, but nigga ain't had a hit that mattered since "We Be Clubbin'." Add all 4 of their money together and get one of these new shitbags that's all over radio now. That'd get more buys.
You obviously haven't seen some of Tech's latest interviews. He says something along the lines of "when I have Shawna on my record, Ice Cube on my record, Scarface on my record, it's because I enjoy their music".
So your comment about Tech needing a certain guest to get album sales is null and void, not only due to what I just stated, but also due to Tech stating that he won't sell out and feed the machine to get album sales. Who the fuck is gonna wanna hear Tech on a track with T-Pain? Do you know how many fans he would lose? I mean, I love Tech, but him doing a song with someone along the lines of T-Pain just to get sales? That's selling out, and that completely contradicts everything Tech has been standing for and works hard for. Tech does what he WANTS to do (for the most part), and that goes for his creativity too. Why would he have someone so untalented trash one of his tracks?

Buy commercial time on MTV (he's done it before). Launch a promotional campaign that makes the Everready flyers/samplers shit pale in comparison.
Tech never bought commercial time (I'm assuming you're talking about Everready). He was the winner of the MTVu Freshmen polls. If Tech did actually pay for that commercial time, he probably would have gotten a lot more play than he did.

Aug 16, 2003
I respect that idea, but hey as they say Money Rules the world, you show enough of it and anyone will be willing to hop on board. Let's not forget children you got to spend money to what... thats right make money. And i believe it was you who talked about the new lighting show at the concert, yeah that probably was expensive, but hey thats not any different from any MAINSTREAM artist. I know how that word is Taboo on this forum.
And thats exactly my point!!! If you can show people that your making money,filling chairs at concerts,getting people to boy merch at the booth, then they will come!! A few years back KMK was KILLING shit...now there star may have dimmed but they sold more units then Tech. We wanna talk about "dirty words lol...lets talk Strange Noise 2. This is only going to expose people to more people that normaly wouldnt even listen to Tech on there own. If it wasnt for an albume like MLK or Everready and the Fire and Ice tour w/ Paul there might not have been a collab w/ Scarace or Ice Cube...which are 2 of my favorite rappers or this tour. Now granted in the scheme of things it may only boost sales a little...but when Tech does another album...those sales will be more then this CD. Personaly I think this one is doing as well as it has w/o any major push because of all the touring and he does and the fact that he fights to stay relavent.

Dan-o

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2004
wait take and put all the money into a final Tech CD. To each their own I guess for all the talk on this board, strange has droped more then killer this year, Grave plotts CD was insane. L.A. I would honestly say out shined tech on snap. Let me stay on track here. I honestly think tech should have made killer a 3 disc set killer disc one killer disc 2 and strange mixtape and throw ever artist from KC on that mix tape. Have killer be almost strictly strange the only guest spot on the whole cd that did it any good was shawana and dirtball. The rest were average in my opinion my thoughts are this he isn't gonna sell a "millie" in a week. I love tech I have faith in tech everyone 1 told to buy it in my town already had it and when you think about it I think tech should have done a ray day promo like ICP did with bizzare given away something special to those who bought/preordered 3 cd's from the store like the strange noize tour CD. my circut city didn't even have t-shirts and I bought 5 CDs i just think marketing wise that would have kicked so much more ass.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
This is a topic for real hip hop talk
Brace yourself...

Get T-Pain. Get Lil' Wayne. Get a Kanye beat or two on there.
This is not real hip hop. T-Pain isn't good. Lil' Wayne is in a great position in the industry, but he's not getting any better. If anything he's digressing. And Kanye West sold himself. He has weird ass videos and isn't afraid to do songs that don't flow with typical hip hop. That, however, doesn't make him a more relevant artist than actual talented artists.

For instance, if he had taken the money he paid Ice Cube, Scarface, Paul Wall, and Shawnna.........and combine all that money and give it to someone who is actually, yanno...relevant right now. Add all 4 of their money together and get one of these new shitbags that's all over radio now.
I'm sorry you missed it, but Shawnna is the only great female artist out of the south right now that has huge amounts of cred within the male side of the industry. That speaks volumes.

Ice Cube stays fitted with respect from the industry, and very few people have crossover status in film and music like he does. Argue that his movies are shit, and then shortly before you do that, argue that people don't take him serious when he makes a "fuck you" song after filming a kids movie.

And Paul Wall is one of the most respected names out of Houston, Tx. and has weathered the short lived industry storm of Houston-based rappers.

That'd get more buys.
Because that's the essence of "real hip hop talk"; buying it at only the cost of your ideals and individuality within the rap scene...

Oct 16, 2006
Tech needs to do what ever makes him and his family the most money while staying true to himself. Fuck the industry, fuck fame. I pitty the fool who thinks he is a hip hop head but has never heard of tech n9ne!

BTW Killer is hard as fuck!

Nov 17, 2006
If Tech got Wayne or T-Pain on a song, and it became a hit, people would like it because of them being on it, and Tech would be just another Flo Rida or Dolla or 2 Pistols.. dudes no one is going to check for outside of the single..

Nov 6, 2005
Sorry to break it to all you that think that pay for exposure isnt happening. The AD's on late night MTV ARE pay for play. I just dont think theyre willing to drop multiple thousands for different DJ's to get spins.