Paranormal Activity

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
I'm probably going to get some hate for this, but I didn't think the movie was all that bad. And I typically hate ghost movies in general. I felt they did a decent job creating some creepy scenes with the limited amount of resources they had. Bad acting aside, it was pretty well done, all things considered. For comparison, I thought Blair Witch sucked ass. This was better, imo.

It probably also helped having the worst possible expectations going into the movie. After reading this thread, I figured it would be pure shit.
Man, honestly, even though no one will admit it here, the people that disliked the movie did it because they wanted to go against the grain or their expectations were too high... that or they just dont like horror movies. Theres always gonna be that one person that wants to go against the popular opinion.

I guarentee if there wasnt all this hype n shit, nuttkase, horror1 and all the other people who said that didnt like it (and I know some of these peopel actually have good taste in movies too) wouldnt have been disappointed if there wasnt all this hoopla about it. and I take some blame for hyping it up too much. I always do that shit and I know I shouldnt.

Im like that too though.. expectations and hype can KILL a movie for me.. yet I cant stop myself from reading the reviews. for instance, watchmen.. If I woulda watched that movie knowing NOTHING about it to begin with, Im pretty sure I woulda liked it. But because of all the hype and because of my high expectations, I didnt like it. It was a let down. And same goes for movies that get negative reviews.. If I go into a movie with very low expectations, Im gonna be impressed even if the movie is just half way decent.

And theres nothing wrong with thinking that way. Its just the way people are with movies and sites like rottentomatoes and imdb are just fueling that mentality.

and of course you're gonna have people like coldblooded who determine whether or not they'll like a movie before they even see it.

everyones a goddamn critic these days.

and lol@people talking about the acting. Didnt know we had a bunch of siskels and eberts in this muthafucka. some of yall wouldnt know good acting if it jumped up and bit you in the pussy.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Man, honestly, even though no one will admit it here, the people that disliked the movie did it because they wanted to go against the grain or their expectations were too high... that or they just dont like horror movies. Theres always gonna be that one person that wants to go against the popular opinion.
I can't speak for anyone else but I disliked the movie because personally I felt it was crap for the many reasons I already named.

It being hyped had nothing to do with me not liking it. It could have been a straight to DVD movie no one ever talked about and I still wouldn't have liked it.

I'm not the biggest horror fan but some of my favorite flicks are horror movies (figure that one out lol) and it does seem to take more for me to like a horror movie over other genres but this movie just didn't do anything for me on any level.

Like I said before, it's all opinion. No one is right or wrong saying they like it or dislike it. Like anything else that is subjective people should check it out for themselves and come to their own conclusions. I just personally wouldn't recommend the movie to anyone if they were asking about movies I liked.

It seems that some of this movies fanboys (not directed at you Indrid) get pissed off and want to rant shit off when someone has something negative to say about it. That type of shit really pisses me off. I loved No Country for Old Men and a lot of people didn't but that doesn't make me like it any less. I can't stand people who want, or sometimes it seems need, to have everyone like something for them to validate why it's so good.

Eh, whatever... I'm more or less done with this thread. Glad you liked the flick. For the sake of the fans of the movie I hope they don't ruin it for you guys by making 32 more of them lol.

May 2, 2002
Nah, like I said though, there are some people who really just dont like it.

But dont you agree that expectations can affect one's movie going experience? Its not even a conscious thing either, its just the way it is.

Do you think if you had never heard of the movie before and just happened to pick it up at block buster one night, your opinion of it might be different? Shit, for any movie that you thought was disappointing for that matter. Like I said, its not even about PA. Its every overhyped or sleeper ever made.

Oh and Im not pissed off AT ALL lol. I could care less if anyone likes it or hates it. Its making its money regardless (even beat saw vi and was playing at 1000 less theaters...damn). Its just the whole concept that kinda intrigues me.

Eunuch

Thotlamic Prophet
Feb 19, 2006
Thotronto
by the mothman, my first comment was not a diss to you but in same vain a joke reply like the one i made to shea but for whatever reason you got aggravated about it, i dunno but i like tuhduhls

May 8, 2002
and lol@people talking about the acting. Didnt know we had a bunch of siskels and eberts in this muthafucka. some of yall wouldnt know good acting if it jumped up and bit you in the pussy.
I don't need to be a professional movie critic to know what BAD acting is. When a movie is shot in a "documentary" style then the dialogue and the delivery of the dialogue better be believable. It wasn't.

Mar 16, 2005

I guarentee if there wasnt all this hype n shit, nuttkase, horror1 and all the other people who said that didnt like it (and I know some of these peopel actually have good taste in movies too) wouldnt have been disappointed if there wasnt all this hoopla about it. and I take some blame for hyping it up too much. I always do that shit and I know I shouldnt.

Im like that too though.. expectations and hype can KILL a movie for me.. yet I cant stop myself from reading the reviews. for instance, watchmen.. If I woulda watched that movie knowing NOTHING about it to begin with, Im pretty sure I woulda liked it. But because of all the hype and because of my high expectations, I didnt like it. It was a let down. And same goes for movies that get negative reviews.. If I go into a movie with very low expectations, Im gonna be impressed even if the movie is just half way decent.

And theres nothing wrong with thinking that way. Its just the way people are with movies and sites like rottentomatoes and imdb are just fueling that mentality.

and of course you're gonna have people like coldblooded who determine whether or not they'll like a movie before they even see it.

everyones a goddamn critic these days.

thats true, even though i an acting director....hahahaha

but no I get what you're saying. to me it was just wayyyyyy to much fucking talking with nothing happening. and the shit that did happen they played that bass and shit making it just very blah to me. and like i said i understand they were going for realism, yet half of it wasn't.

Oct 30, 2006
I just saw it yesterday and actually liked it. It wasn't the greatest movie by any means but I also can see where people would dislike it.

Does anybody know any of the other endings? I'm hearing there was at least 3 shown publicly, does anyone know the other 2?

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
I just saw it yesterday and actually liked it. It wasn't the greatest movie by any means but I also can see where people would dislike it.

Does anybody know any of the other endings? I'm hearing there was at least 3 shown publicly, does anyone know the other 2?
So, this was made originally in 2007, then paramount picked it up and for some reason Steven Speilberg saw it and changed the ending to what is now in Theaters. The original screener (2007) finally leaked out last week, its all over justin.tv also youtube....

May 4, 2002

so i saw the screen ending. whats the theater ending?

Oct 30, 2006
so i saw the screen ending. whats the theater ending?
What was the screen ending? That link on youtube went down quick.

****SPOILERS*****

So basically she goes downstairs after she stands up and watches him for a while...it's off camera and you hear her scream and Micah runs downstairs and is all screaming "WTF, OH WTFFF!" then it's silent then you hear footsteps coming upstairs and you see something thrown at the camera...it turns out to be Micah and Katie threw him. She then goes up to him, smells him and then looks at the camera and bites it. The End.

May 4, 2002
What was the screen ending? That link on youtube went down quick.

****SPOILERS*****

So basically she goes downstairs after she stands up and watches him for a while...it's off camera and you hear her scream and Micah runs downstairs and is all screaming "WTF, OH WTFFF!" then it's silent then you hear footsteps coming upstairs and you see something thrown at the camera...it turns out to be Micah and Katie threw him. She then goes up to him, smells him and then looks at the camera and bites it. The End.
!!!spoiler!!!!!

same thing. Except she comes back in with a bloody butcher knife and blood on her shirt. Sits down on the floor next to her bed and rocks back and fourth for hours. Her friend trys calling the house bc she hasn't heard from them, time
goes by and the friend knocks at the door (all this time the girl still has the
knife rocking back and fouth sitting on the floor next rto the bed) the friend comes Into the house and finds the boyfriend dead on the floor. Cops come
in
later and head up stairs. The cops find Katie rocking back and fourth on the floor with knife in hand. Katie wakes out of her trAnce and starts calling for her boyfrind while walking toward the
cops with the knife. Cops put a couple bullets in Katie
And she die right outside of the bedroom