Odd Future & Tech N9ne

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 30, 2002
I NEVER SAID they was as succesful as tech n9ne. Or Icp.

I just said that they would be a more profitable group to sign over these Jay Rocks and Maydays. They basically throw money down the drain when they sign these little unheard people.
I wasnt referring to you. I was referring to the people that said that.

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
Tech N9ne's best selling cd was Absolute Power and that was back in 2002, who is really not sustaining success? Tech N9ne has been on a steady decline ever since, Odd Future has a devoted fanbase as much as Tech N9ne if not more..

We will see who becomes more successful.
this is akin to saying Eminem has not remained successul since he struggles doing double platinum and he went diamond with MMLP.

1) chart/sales "successes" are relative to and dependent upon chart/sales "successes" of other artists

2) sales numbers can be inflated when compared to monetary "successes"...MSC used a ton of money to get Absolute Power to sell that many albums and it was, as a result, LESS successful in terms of profit than subsequent Tech releases

Oct 25, 2006
Once I start seeing tattoos of Odd Future on bitches' tits, THEN I'll say Golf Wang has a more dedicated fanbase. Don't mean to discredit them, it's just that Tech's fanbase is the closest you'll get to cult status next to 2Pac and Biggie.

ds2

Sicc OG
Sep 9, 2006
Tech N9ne's best selling cd was Absolute Power and that was back in 2002, who is really not sustaining success? Tech N9ne has been on a steady decline ever since, Odd Future has a devoted fanbase as much as Tech N9ne if not more..

We will see who becomes more successful.
i get what your saying but there is no decline in techs success not only is he sustaining hes progess..

AP peaked #79 which he probably sold only like 8k the first week

Killer peak at number #12 with 36k which is his highest selling debut to date

KOD peak #14 with 30k this might be where the declining factor should be but its only approx 6k short of its predecessor

Yes AP sold the highest to date but it will not take tech 4 1/2 years to get to 200k.... Everyready is already there and killer and KOD are closely behind

summary: there isnt a decline except Between Killer and KOD and that isnt a serious one

ds2

Sicc OG
Sep 9, 2006
i dont count the collabos album (MLK,Sickology,nor Olli gates) they never do better then Techs Real solo projects....thats for sure

Jan 16, 2007
Once I start seeing tattoos of Odd Future on bitches' tits, THEN I'll say Golf Wang has a more dedicated fanbase. Don't mean to discredit them, it's just that Tech's fanbase is the closest you'll get to cult status next to 2Pac and Biggie.
actually Id say ICP has the most dedicated fanbase period.....think about if Tech continued to release cds on the same level of quality of Gates I think Tech's fanbase would declined drastically. ICP's fanbase has stayed the same and they haven't put out anything remotely good since Jeckel Brothers--there cds and music gets shittier and shittier

hell some of Tech's juggalo fans are just Tech fans because he's cool with ICP......

Oct 25, 2006
actually Id say ICP has the most dedicated fanbase period.....think about if Tech continued to release cds on the same level of quality of Gates I think Tech's fanbase would declined drastically. ICP's fanbase has stayed the same and they haven't put out anything remotely good since Jeckel Brothers--there cds and music gets shittier and shittier

hell some of Tech's juggalo fans are just Tech fans because he's cool with ICP......
I completely forgot about ICP (as hard as that is to believe).

Nov 7, 2006
even though there not i see odd future being more successful than tech. but then again who gives a shit as long as theres good music coming out of both camps? i know i dont. i know tyler, the creator's album is #1 on amazon right now which is huge for someone who dont even have a label basically.

Dec 2, 2007
i get what your saying but there is no decline in techs success not only is he sustaining hes progess..

AP peaked #79 which he probably sold only like 8k the first week

Killer peak at number #12 with 36k which is his highest selling debut to date

KOD peak #14 with 30k this might be where the declining factor should be but its only approx 6k short of its predecessor

Yes AP sold the highest to date but it will not take tech 4 1/2 years to get to 200k.... Everyready is already there and killer and KOD are closely behind

summary: there isnt a decline except Between Killer and KOD and that isnt a serious one
Pretty sure that 36k for killer is actually only 18k. I always watch tech sales and they have clearly been going upwards/static for a long time.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
has anyone got a interview with him saying he dont like/respect tech n9ne? i wanna actually see it if its true.. unless its BS ?
Who gives a shit? lol

That kid will fall off if he doesn't start grabbing onto somebody in the industry. His shock and roll will only carry him so far.

Feb 28, 2008
Is Odd Future that guy with that weird video?
Odd Future is a collective of a bunch of different hip hop artist's.

But yes Tyler is getting the most publicity with his "Yonkers" video.

And LDS they already have many people in the industry helping them out. How do you think they got so big so quick??

Nov 14, 2002
Oh they're interesting but a bit "artsy".

I found that video interesting, but not in a musical way really... I thought the whole package itself was interesting, but it wouldn't make me buy an album.

Edit: I just listened to three Tyler the Creator (ITTHN) songs and he's just not good.

Feb 28, 2008
Which ones you listen to??? These are some of my favorite ones. Idk he does have some different shit you just gotta find the rights ones.

if you like the more lyrical stuff there's earl,

May 7, 2008
not everyone will like it so stop trying so hard rezin lol i think its very entertaining..

atleast its not boring ;) its better than " yo im gangsta and im from the hood" crap lol