Odd Future & Tech N9ne

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 2, 2010
babygrande looking at him aswell... Vinnie Paz and Tyler ? interesting.
NOOOOOOO

And thats coming from a long time Jedi Mind Tricks/Vinnie Paz fan..No one on Babygrande would go well with Tyler..Your in the forum of pretty much the only guy who would remotely sound good on a track with Tyler whos practically mainstream...

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
All this speculation is because everyone in the mainstream wants a part of odd future. They have the music industry as a whole by the balls and their agent & manager are both former Interscope execs, they will not sign under another artist. Just won't happen. They will get a large distribution deal if anything. They could start an indie empire that could easily surpass tech n9ne and even ICP. Just a bunch of wishful thinking done by these companies, nothing more.

Also they don't collab with artists they aren't fan of themselves, hence tyler ignoring tech's tweet. He has expressed that he would love to get waka flocka on a remix and that would be tight.

Sep 30, 2002
All this speculation is because everyone in the mainstream wants a part of odd future. They have the music industry as a whole by the balls and their agent & manager are both former Interscope execs, they will not sign under another artist. Just won't happen. They will get a large distribution deal if anything. They could start an indie empire that could easily surpass tech n9ne and even ICP. Just a bunch of wishful thinking done by these companies, nothing more.

Also they don't collab with artists they aren't fan of themselves, hence tyler ignoring tech's tweet. He has expressed that he would love to get waka flocka on a remix and that would be tight.
I agree that the mainstream industry all want a part of Odd Future, however don't get it twisted and think that they have anyone by the balls. The industry could ignore them if it wants and it doesn't matter what former exec's they have. I think they COULD be an Indie powerhouse but there is one VERY VERY important element that it takes to do that.

Unselfish exec's and artists without huge ego's that won't get greedy. And that is a very tall order.

Dec 14, 2005
Whats all the hub bub about Tyler? Ive listened to bunch of his shit and I dont see why hes getting all this attention.. Maybe its just me but I hate rap like that.. no flow whatsoever. He just talks over beats.. Yea the lyrics are pretty crazy but I cant really appreciate them due to his boring delivery..

Plus the overall quality of his music is definitely lacking.. wack hooks with simple beats.. idk to each their own I suppose

May 7, 2008
beats are sometimes simple..his lyrics standing point for me.. his delivery is his own.. he aint trying to be the fastest or whatever.. he not the greatest but its a fresh talent that sounds different from the Jay Rocks and the other gangsta im cool shit.

Dec 14, 2005
beats are sometimes simple..his lyrics standing point for me.. his delivery is his own.. he aint trying to be the fastest or whatever.. he not the greatest but its a fresh talent that sounds different from the Jay Rocks and the other gangsta im cool shit.
Having a good flow or delivery doesnt mean you have to be fast.. not to me anyways.

The "gangsta im cool shit" you speak of might be overdone, but I dont even know what the fuck this dude talking about most of the time.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I agree that the mainstream industry all want a part of Odd Future, however don't get it twisted and think that they have anyone by the balls. The industry could ignore them if it wants and it doesn't matter what former exec's they have. I think they COULD be an Indie powerhouse but there is one VERY VERY important element that it takes to do that.

Unselfish exec's and artists without huge ego's that won't get greedy. And that is a very tall order.
I'll let you tell it Mr. Expert. Just so you know tho, Goblin(deluxe edition at that) is already the #1 selling album on amazon right now, with pre-orders only. :cool:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/music/38/ref=amb_link_7310692_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=16VMWHZ8FDVCVTG1FZJW&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=80633782&pf_rd_i=38

Sep 30, 2002
I'll let you tell it Mr. Expert. Just so you know tho, Goblin(deluxe edition at that) is already the #1 selling album on amazon right now, with pre-orders only. :cool:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/music/38/ref=amb_link_7310692_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=16VMWHZ8FDVCVTG1FZJW&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=80633782&pf_rd_i=38
Damn yall are sensitive these days. Where did I disagree with you? All I am saying is that it could happen. But it is far from a foregone conclusion. Indie growth almost certainly takes time so boasting about one album being a tell tale sign of a indie powerhouse is bullshit.

May 31, 2007
Earl is so fucking Sick.
That being said whoever said earlier that Tyler got signed, hes only signed for Goblin
Whoever said Goblin isnt dropin till 2012 thats a lie. Next month is goblin next month is Wolf... I have brought this up before though and said I woulda liked to see OF on the strange of like 6 years ago haha, but yea. Golf Wang is the fucking shit man, cant wait to see them in the summer

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Damn yall are sensitive these days. Where did I disagree with you? All I am saying is that it could happen. But it is far from a foregone conclusion. Indie growth almost certainly takes time so boasting about one album being a tell tale sign of a indie powerhouse is bullshit.
Me being snarky isn't evidence that I'm sensitive, just being a jerk. I'm not basing their potential of being a huge indie label off Goblin alone, their entire catalog and side projects are evident of that. Their in-house R&B singer released one free album and within a month he wrote 2 songs for Beyonce. Goblin will be their first retail release and they already have a video in rotation on MTV in a time when MTV doesn't even play videos aside from their morning block @ 6 AM. They have booked shows in the UK and now Australia, with more international shows being rumored for other countries.

So yeah I'd say there are plenty of reasons to assume they could easily be a big indie label within themselves, then again you are the expert here. :cool:

Whoever said Goblin isnt dropin till 2012 thats a lie. Next month is goblin next month is Wolf...
Goblin = 2011

Wolf = 2012