MICHAEL JACKSON'S FUNERAL?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/private-public-funerals-set-for-michael-jackson/24610?nc

Private, Public Funerals Set for Michael JacksonUs Magazine - June 30, 2009 10:57 AM PDT

His body will return to his Neverland Ranch for a public viewing on Friday, CNN reports. (Jackson's brothers Jackie, Jermaine and Tito visited the grounds over the weekend and a delivery truck was spotted there Tuesday dropping off boxes.)

A private memorial service is slated for Sunday, according to CNN.

See how Michael Jackson's appearance has changed through the years

There is still no word on where Jackson will be buried, but his hometown of Gary, Ind., is hoping the family to send him there.

"I believe that his body will lie in state in Gary, Ind.," Gary Mayor Rudy Clay told Chicago radio station WGN Tuesday. "Now, it may not happen, but I believe it will."

Look back at Michael Jackson's life

At the very least, Clay said he hopes Jackson's body will be taken to Gary for a July 10 memorial service at U.S. Steel Works ballpark.

The memorial would be "fit for the prince of peace and a memorial that's fit for Gary, Indiana's favorite son, the greatest entertainer that ever lived."

Revisit Michael Jacksons most unforgettable moments

Gary officials may even propose that that the singer be buried near a proposed Jackson family museum and a performing arts center, Clay's spokeswoman Lalosa Burns said.

"The mayor had spoken with a contact of the Jackson family and expressed our interest in having that to be a part of the history of this great family," Burns said. "We have not received confirmation on that."

See photos of Michael Jackson and his kids through the years

On Tuesday, fans gathered for a public tribute to Jackson at Harlem's Apollo Theater, where the singer performed as a child.

Jackson died at age 50 June 25 after suffering cardiac arrest.

More news from Usmagazine.com

Investigators Confiscate Evidence from Michael Jackson's Home
Mariah Carey Dresses Up as Eminem for New Music Video
Michael Jackson Cuts Dad out of Will

Nov 10, 2006
Feb 7, 2006
niggas come out in the 80's crip gear like them old Mj videos huh?

but that shit was deep man, touched my heart, sad day, sad day...

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
I teared up when his daughter spoke. That was too much.
Co-sign. That was the saddest part of the memorial. I mean it's sad for his parents, brothers and sisters, but they're all adults and should be able to cope. Then you look at his kids and realize how hard it must be for them to lose their only parent.

The entire service was done very nicely. All the performances were great, everyone who spoke was great. It was nice to see people address how much he contributed to charities and how much he did for everyone else.

Nov 5, 2004
Yea, it makes you realize that if you take away the glamour and glitz, at the heart of the story you have kids that lost their father.

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
I'm at work, and half-ass watched a stream. Cannot wait to get home and sit in front of the computer and watch the whole thing.

I wonder if young Paris realizes how stong, brave and beautiful she is, and that she was able to bring a nation to its knees.

Nov 5, 2004
^ They have clips on cnn of every guest and performer, but dunno bout the whole vid yet.

I'm sure it'll be on youtube soon though.