GEARS OF WAR 3

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
unlocked the gold retro for retail today. it was mad easy to do considering i use it even in very up close battles. wish there was more shit to unlock for retail cause i got it all unlocked now. KOTH is sick but i never play it to win i just run around and kill people.
You got a flaming weapon for week 3 and 4 to unlock all you do is play one game during that specific week and it goes to retail

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Below is the list of challenges and items:

Beta Tester Medal: Complete one match in the beta to unlock the Beta Tester medal, which will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game. The Beta Tester title will be featured in the "Gears 3" multiplayer lobby as well.

Thrashball Cole: Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock the Thrashball Cole character variant in the beta. Once unlocked, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the beta and the character will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game.

Gold-Plated Retro Lancer: Show your ultimate "Gears of War" fandom by unlocking the Gold-Plated Retro Lancer. Complete 90 matches in any game type to unlock it for the beta, and score 100 kills with it once unlocked to carry the exclusive weapon skin over to your gamer profile in the final game.

Flaming Hammerburst: Complete one match by Sunday, April 24 and unlock this weapon variant.

Flaming Lancer: Complete one match during the week of April 25 and unlock this weapon variant.

Flaming Sawed-Off Shotgun: Complete one match during the week of May 2 to unlock this weapon variant.

Flaming Gnasher Shotgun: Complete one match during the week of May 9 to unlock this weapon variant.

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
Played the beta shits tight, but the core game play got really simplified from part 2, you don't really need skills to do aerial moves, so last stand battles that used to last long might become extinct if they don't fix it. They have to bring Guardian back also.

Overall game play got easier, I guess for nubs its a good thing, Hard aiming with shotgun seems to be a thing in the past, I don't have to do it at all anymore in Gears 3, just switch to SMG Gorgon LOL.

Oct 9, 2008
Workin on getting the gold retro lancer for retail! At 1st i tryed the gun out and i'm like this sucks ass! After i used it for a while i realized how dope it was! Super good stopping power up close, plus i've been runnin around spearing dudes..lol Now the only gun i can't fuck with is the hammerburst, am i the only one who thinks it hot garbage?

Nov 7, 2006
You got a flaming weapon for week 3 and 4 to unlock all you do is play one game during that specific week and it goes to retail
well yeah but that doesnt involve skill at all and i'll be playing then anyway so i didnt even think tio count those.

Workin on getting the gold retro lancer for retail! At 1st i tryed the gun out and i'm like this sucks ass! After i used it for a while i realized how dope it was! Super good stopping power up close, plus i've been runnin around spearing dudes..lol Now the only gun i can't fuck with is the hammerburst, am i the only one who thinks it hot garbage?
hammerburst is an awesome gun for old town and trenches. but i never use it for thrashball and checkout. when you active relos with the hammerburst it does some serious damage

Oct 9, 2008
theres a menu with all your achievements. then go to weapons skins and it shows you there. did you switch the skin over? cause if you didnt then it's not counting towards anything.
Yea, do the kills count when you stab dudes too? Or when you do an execution without the gun? I've been all scared to do tight executions because i'm not sure if its still counting as a kill for the retro-lancer?

Oct 9, 2008
If you got a gold retro in your hand...its a kill

Unless a fuckass teammate comes behind you and finishes the kill

Thats been happening alot lately and pissin me off! The fuckin magazine on that gun needs like 10 more bullets! It has exactly enough to put them down, then while i'm reloading to finish him off some asshole comes up and shoots him..

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Done 100/100 gold retro retail

Now I can take a break from it for a few days...didnt take too long bout 2hr average with a couple breaks thrown in. I hated the weapon at first then it just falls into place you start beastin lol

Jun 24, 2005
I was actually doin' work tonight and had a good time.

It was funny though, me and a couple friends were playin' and it's like we fell off the server (public) because we were just playin' against bots for like an hour or so lol.

Nov 7, 2006
CTL is up early.shits pretty fun. i already played 10 matches to unlock the weapon skin and the other locust dude who screams really fuckin weird haha. everyday i play this game i get better and better. i can only imagine if i played more than 2 hours a day. i'd be ridiculous

Nov 7, 2006
^^it's a beta. you can reserve the game at gamestop and get a code. if you like it then keep the reserve. if not then return it and get your 5 bucks back

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
CTL is up early.shits pretty fun. i already played 10 matches to unlock the weapon skin and the other locust dude who screams really fuckin weird haha. everyday i play this game i get better and better. i can only imagine if i played more than 2 hours a day. i'd be ridiculous
Too bad the skin and locust dont carry over to retail, but they'll probaby have the same unlocks in the retail

Status
Not open for further replies.