GEARS OF WAR 3

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
well maybe they'll have the codes inside the game instead of email and then you have to open it to get it. unlikely but i headr they might do it and i'm preparing for it lol.
It looks like all the codes for skins and characters come within the game packaging, and the Adam Fenix code is well hidden with the Limited and Epic edition packaging of the game.

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
GameInformer said:
GI Rating: 9.50

Concept:
Make the biggest, most comprehensive, most polished game in a franchise known for all those qualities

Graphics:
Unreal Engine 3 still looks great, and this is the flagship title for the engine that has dominated this console cycle

Sound:
The louder you crank it, the better Gears 3 sounds. This is a game meant for the full audiovisual experience

Playability:
The controls haven’t changed, but Epic has gotten better at not making the A button stick you to cover you didn’t intend it to

Entertainment:
If you like shooters, this is as every bit as good a choice as Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Halo

Replay:
High

Full Review
Looking forward to it.

May 3, 2002
So far Ive seen these reviews for it:

Joystiq - 5 out of 5 stars
IGN - 9.0 out of 10
Gamespot - 9.5 out of 10
Gametrailers - 9.4 out of 10

not bad :lick:

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
•Giant Bomb (100/100): "It answers questions. It leaves things in a dramatically different place than they were at the start of the game. If this were to be the final game in the Gears franchise, it'd be a satisfying place to leave things."

•Game Informer (95/100): "Doesn't do anything radical, not that anyone expected it to. Only the staunchest Gears haters will find much fault here, though. This is the best execution yet of an idea that spawned one of the biggest modern franchises in all of gaming. What's not to love?"

•IGN (90/100): "Every third-person, cover-based shooter from here on out will likely be compared to Gears 3, and it provides a fitting and poignant-- if sometimes cheesy -- closing chapter to the trilogy...The noted hitches, design decisions and 'been-there, done-that' feel of much of the content colors the overall experience, but it certainly didn't keep me from having one hell of a good time."

•Eurogamer (80/100): "In its multiplayer, all you could have reasonably asked for; in its visuals, new heights reached, while cracks of old age are papered over; in its story, a fitting conclusion; and in its campaign, though short of the consistent brilliance of its predecessor, a mostly rousing and memorable spectacle

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Yes.. I can't wait for this game.. I've seriously been sleeping and waking up jus thinkin bout it.. I played Gears 2 for MOOOOOOONTHS.. I was in the top 500 for guardian and within the top 1k for Execution.. I played with a lot of people from the sicc; so my epicness can be confirmed!

But yeah.. I never get this excited for new releases, last time i remember anticipating a game this much was GTA4.. Prolly gonna show up for the midnight release although i got work+school earlie the next day.. At the Game Stop near my house they said they'd be raffleing away a Premium Edition of Gears 3 + a gears 3 controller + Gears 3 sticker packs for you're xbox 360/controller.. Not only that they'll have a Gears 3 competition to play while you wait in line.. The Black Ops midnight launch was crackin there (500+ people) with free energy drinks/burgers/ect.. I don't think there'll be that many people for the Gears 3 launch midnight but I'am still thinkin bout showin up for it wit' my bro hella loaded..

FUCK.. Sept 20th come already!

on another note my friend is already playing Gears 3 when i asked him how he got it he said the Walmart near his house already has it on the shelf.. I called all the Walmarts around here and all of em said it won't be till monday at midnight or tueswhen they stock it.. If anyone in the Bay has a Walmart near there house go check it out; i might be willin to drive a bit to get it this weekend haha

Nov 7, 2006
well got mine early and beat it on Hardcore easily. maybe Insane won't be too insane. well my K/D is a 3 and i'm straight beasting the people who got it early like me. also i got all my gold weapons even though it said only get the gnasher so i think that skins thing was infact BS.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
BF3 and Skyrim are the only things on the horizon that interest me.. And only Skyrim really interests me more then Gears does.. BF3 looks pretty sweet but I've always been more of a fan of 3rd person shooters, and since it does come out next month i'm debating weather to even get it since it'll be likley ill still be gettin down on gears (played Gears 2 for like 4months straight last time.)

Might jus' wait till BF3 drops in price and then use Gears 3 + Skyrim to get me through 'till next years games like Mass Effect 3 or something.. I'm jus amped to get my hands on this game.. 2 more days

Nov 7, 2006
well got the update today and still have all my golden weapons. so i guess it was a scare tactic. it also sais my file is currupt and i cant save anything but i tried and it does so i think they trying to get people to unsave the shit they already di in the game.

May 3, 2002
well got the update today and still have all my golden weapons. so i guess it was a scare tactic. it also sais my file is currupt and i cant save anything but i tried and it does so i think they trying to get people to unsave the shit they already di in the game.
Good shit, im about to get on. I knew thats how it was going to be. Lol at all the people that had it and didnt play it, all because some weapon skins. :hurt:

Nov 7, 2006
Good shit, im about to get on. I knew thats how it was going to be. Lol at all the people that had it and didnt play it, all because some weapon skins. :hurt:
yeah man i was skeptic then i realized i got all the weapons regardless besides the gold S/O and now i do. it that currupt file thing is gone now too, trying to get people to erase what they've done already in the game lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.