Gears of war 2

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
HELL NAH i never play no story mode.. is online baby. maybe i should start the story mode ... the gameplay looked sick.. but the characters made me not like it. and the fact that i couldnt kill shit.. or didnt know if i killed shit.. i couldnt really tell who was on my team or not
This game is nothing like WOW, even tho i wouldnt rly know cuz i've never played it, but WOW is a MMORPG and GOW2 is a FPS lol.. Nothing alike i'd imagine.

and lmao.. play the story first, so you can get used to the controls.. and expect to get you're ass kicked the first week or two.. but it gets fun once you get the hang of it.. take you're ass whoopins like a man and dont get all mad bout diein, cuz 90% of the time it's probably some fluke in the game, yea, gow2 is full of 'em.

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
Hey all,

It's time to celebrate Independence Day! And we're going to do that with some extra experience and an onslaught of our version of fireworks, the beloved Ticker. Oh and it's looking like TU4 is going to drop just in time for this event!

Starting Friday morning you'll be receiving double XP as well as a 500 XP bonus awarded to the winning team. And to give a little extra bang to Horde we're bringing the Ticker squad (a group of Tickers that all spawn at the same time) into full effect. They'll be showing up a lot more throughout all the waves of Horde and they've completely infested every 10th wave with nothing but Tickers. So if you've been having trouble with Bloodmounts, this weekend is a good time to get your Horde on and get further than ever before. And don't forget that TU4 will give you experience for every wave you beat.

The event will end on Monday morning on July 6th.

So get out there and pop some Tickers for freedom!

Rod.
http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=688541

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Tues. July 28th

Epic is also adding Achievements for the new Dark Corners DLC and updating the game with 325 more points of delicious Gamerscore. Head past the break for the full list.

"My Way or the Highway" (25): Without being detected, complete the "Road to Ruin" deleted scene after choosing the stealth option.

"Highway to Hell" (25): Complete the "Road to Ruin" deleted scene after choosing the guns-blazing option.

"Two for the Road" (25): Complete the "Road to Ruin" deleted scene in co-op as either Marcus or Dom.

"Be Careful What You Wish For" (10): Reach level 5 in multiplayer and complete waves 1 through 10 on the War Machine map in Horde (any difficulty).

"Ride It All Night Long" (10): Reach level 10 in multiplayer and complete waves 1 through 10 on the Highway map in Horde (any difficulty).

"No, But His Face Rings a Bell" (15): Reach level 15 in multiplayer and complete waves 1 through 20 on the Sanctuary map in Horde (any difficulty).

"Lost in Transition" (20): Reach level 20 in multiplayer and complete waves 1 through 20 on the Way Station map in Horde (any difficulty).

"Like Father, Like Gun" (30): Reach level 30 in multiplayer and complete waves 1 through 30 on the Allfathers Garden map in Horde (any difficulty).

"Am I Only Dreaming?" (40): Reach level 40 in multiplayer and complete waves 1 through 40 on the Memorial map in Horde (any difficulty).

"Blood on the Sand" (50): Reach level 50 in multiplayer and complete waves 1 through 50 on the Nowhere map in Horde (any difficulty).

"Afraid of the Dark" (20): Play a multiplayer match on each of the seven Dark Corners Map Pack maps (any mode).

"Did Not Go Gentle" (30): Win a multiplayer match on each of the seven Dark Corners Map Pack maps (any mode)

"Is it Hot or Is That Just You?" (25): Kill 25 Bloodmounts with a Scorcher Flamethrower while playing Horde on a Dark Corners Map Pack map (any difficulty).

Jun 6, 2004
San Diego, CA
www.myspace.com
fucc it.. traded gears of war in yesterday 4 gta4... gears is HELLA WACC after playing COD4 for 2 weeks... my daughter knocced my xbox over yesterday and scratched the shit outta my COD4 disc.... i tried to go online with gears and i was like, GODDAMN THIS SHIT IS SLOW.... had to hop in the low and go picc up a spank copy of call of duty... plus shooting retarded aliens with laser bows isnt as appealing to me as shooting good old earthlings with real guns.... OH YEEEEAHHHH!!!!

Aug 7, 2003
hmm, i might have to cop that. theres a site that some dude runs and sells 4000 ms point cards for $30 when they are normally $50. said to work for US accounts only and all the replies say he is legit.

Jun 11, 2004
can anyone tell me how to beat the big flying monster thing that follows you out of the underground and chases you after flying through the forest on the stolen reaper thing in the single player campaign? that thing kicked my ass over and over months ago and I havent tried to play this game since. I think i might go back and finish it now. everytime it grabs my reaper it just chomps my ass everytime no matter how much lead I pump into it.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
can anyone tell me how to beat the big flying monster thing that follows you out of the underground and chases you after flying through the forest on the stolen reaper thing in the single player campaign? that thing kicked my ass over and over months ago and I havent tried to play this game since. I think i might go back and finish it now. everytime it grabs my reaper it just chomps my ass everytime no matter how much lead I pump into it.
There's one arm that reaches out and grabs the thing you're riding..shoot that arm...it'll let go and go around front..shoot him with a missle...do that like 3 times.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
fucc it.. traded gears of war in yesterday 4 gta4...
what a wack trade in..i woulda gave you gta 4 for gears and made 30 bucks :(

cod is traaaaaash...i prolly need to fuck with rainbow six i played cod on ps3 on a 50 inch tv for a week and i hated every moment of it

i think you didnt like gow2 cuz everytime you tried to play it was BLADOWWW!!! lmao jk

May 3, 2002
Boo Gas, COD is by far the best.. Epic cant even make a sequal to play right without a 100 patches. I loved GOW1, but thought GOW2 would have been tweaked to perfection.... WRONG. They bombed on this game bad.. If I was Epic id feel like shit. This game should of been the best, instead COD World at War is ahead, and its not even a Modern Warfare title. I would have traded in GOW2 for GTA myself. Besides COD is so much smoother then GOW2.. GOW2 is a lagfest, anyone can win with luck. COD you actually have to have some aiming skill.

Jun 11, 2004
yea I tried playin GOW2 online a few times and got stalled out in the lobby for what felt like days. I didnt know if it was just me or what but it was enough to make me turn off the box and go do somethig else. fuck that red faction takes seconds to join a game. Did GOW ever fix that online lag time?

May 3, 2002
yea I tried playin GOW2 online a few times and got stalled out in the lobby for what felt like days. I didnt know if it was just me or what but it was enough to make me turn off the box and go do somethig else. fuck that red faction takes seconds to join a game. Did GOW ever fix that online lag time?
GOW will never fix that, it was bad in GOW1, worse in GOW2. and I have a good connection.. 18down, 2 up.. so I dont wanna hear that i have a bad connection. :ermm:

Feb 6, 2009
what a wack trade in..i woulda gave you gta 4 for gears and made 30 bucks :(

cod is traaaaaash...i prolly need to fuck with rainbow six i played cod on ps3 on a 50 inch tv for a week and i hated every moment of it

i think you didnt like gow2 cuz everytime you tried to play it was BLADOWWW!!! lmao jk
which call of duty did you play, cus 4 is hella different (and better) than cod 3, 2, etc.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Boo Gas, COD is by far the best.. Epic cant even make a sequal to play right without a 100 patches. I loved GOW1, but thought GOW2 would have been tweaked to perfection.... WRONG. They bombed on this game bad.. If I was Epic id feel like shit. This game should of been the best, instead COD World at War is ahead, and its not even a Modern Warfare title. I would have traded in GOW2 for GTA myself. Besides COD is so much smoother then GOW2.. GOW2 is a lagfest, anyone can win with luck. COD you actually have to have some aiming skill.
Everything you said is true.. Besides the fact how Gears is worse then COD4.. Yeah, Gears has TONS of problems with it.. It lags, the host is always overpowered, the ranking system sucks, each patch released makes it 100x worse then before and dumbs it down 100x, they release a new patch every few weeks, i really could go on.. Gears 2 was a hella good game the first month it was released, no lag, no nothing.. Then after that first patch it went down hill.. And each patch after that it got dumbed down and laggier.. When Gears Of War 2 does play right it's shittin all over COD4 imo..

I honestly don't see whats so special about COD4, besides the ranking system which is coo... But i think Rainbow Six Vegas 2 plays better and has almost the same ranking/leveling up system as COD4 does..

GTA4 is also a hella good game.. I wish it's online ended up bein as fun as its single player campaign tho.

Red Faction is shittin on all of 'em tho lol..