CRUNCHY BLACK NO LONGER PART OF 3-6 MAFIA!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
Three 6 Mafia has been dead since they decided to release When the Smoke Clears. That album was OK at best and everything that has been released from their label after that has been complete garbage. I agree with Oh Coy, CB was probably the worst rapper in history. With that said, no one from Three 6 is in any way talented lyrically. Lord Infamous used to be tight until he decided to rap with a "rugged", slow voice. If they had weak beats, they would have never been.

What worse about them is you KNOW what the hook/chorus is going to be on a song just from looking at its title. That shows their lack of creativity. And while I'm still ranting, I'd like to point out that they sample on like every single beat, another mark of their outstanding creativity and originality.

Hypnotize Minds is a terribly weak label nowadays unfortunately. They were cool ~10 years ago.

Feb 8, 2003
RedStorm said:
Three 6 Mafia has been dead since they decided to release When the Smoke Clears. That album was OK at best and everything that has been released from their label after that has been complete garbage. I agree with Oh Coy, CB was probably the worst rapper in history. With that said, no one from Three 6 is in any way talented lyrically. Lord Infamous used to be tight until he decided to rap with a "rugged", slow voice. If they had weak beats, they would have never been.

What worse about them is you KNOW what the hook/chorus is going to be on a song just from looking at its title. That shows their lack of creativity. And while I'm still ranting, I'd like to point out that they sample on like every single beat, another mark of their outstanding creativity and originality.

Hypnotize Minds is a terribly weak label nowadays unfortunately. They were cool ~10 years ago.

Dont hate you must not have any albums after When The Smoke Clears bc just to name one Project pat : MISTA DONT PLAY was a classic. They still getting paid and imo Paul & Juicy are some of the greatest producers of all times.

Lack of Creativity my ass, They beats are as original as it gets

May 15, 2002
HogKillah said:
^^^You say they're "weak" and "dead", yet they have more notoriety and are selling more albums now than they ever have. LOL man please. LOL
C'mon man. Since when did album sales and popularity determine good music?

@Cesolito, I'm just stating my opinion (though I did it rather harshly). I have Mista Don't Play and Layin' Da Smackdown (and a handful of other HCP releases), and both were kinda weak IMO. MDP was much better though..it did have a few good songs. I'm not a fan of Project Pat at all though. I think his rhymes are too simplistic.

As far as the creativity, I'm talking about all the samples they use. That is not creative. Maybe in how they use the samples, but beats that are sampled are not creative in themselves. Feel me? There beats are dope as fuck nonetheless. I can't argue with that.

Jun 18, 2006
RedStorm said:
C'mon man. Since when did album sales and popularity determine good music?
You didn't say shit about "good music"--you said they were "weak" and "dead". They're doing better then ever now--how the fuck are they "dead"?

RedStorm said:
As far as the creativity, I'm talking about all the samples they use. That is not creative. Maybe in how they use the samples, but beats that are sampled are not creative in themselves. Feel me? There beats are dope as fuck nonetheless. I can't argue with that.
:ermm: ....man stop all this passive-aggressive ass hatin. But what, you saying any fool with a computer can chop up a sample and make it "dope" the way they do? Lack of creativity my ass....

May 15, 2002
oh, god...

dead = to me. The 3-6 I grew up listening to is dead. weak = bad music. Ever heard of a synonym?

And passive-aggressive? How about real thoughts and opinions? The world is imperfect, not everything is consistent. Just because I'm not feeling 3-6 as a whole anymore doesn't mean that I can't like certain aspects of their music. And like I said, their beats are cool (if you read my first post, I basically said they were nothing without their beats), but that doesn't make them original or anything more. They sound good...simple as that.

And being better than others is not the same as being good. And, no, not anyone can do what they do, but that doesn't necessarily make them creative. For instance, let's someone plays an incredibly simple riff on a guitar and then asked me to play it. Would I be able to? No. Why? Because I don't play guitar. These men have the tools to do what they do, not everyone does. That's not to say everyone would be able to create a paul/juicy beat with their equipment, but it still stands that they have lots of trouble creating a melody on their own.