CRUNCHY BLACK NO LONGER PART OF 3-6 MAFIA!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2003
Duo775 said:
^^^^^^^ Im just talking about the name man. The core three were the Tear The Club Up Thugs , if I remember correctly they begin using the name three six mafia when they added , koop, gangsta boo, crunchy black.
'

NOPE You got it confused.

They been used the name Three Six Mafia since 1995
They only called themselves Tear Da Club Up Thugs on taht one project thats it

Jul 20, 2002
Crunchy Black Out Of Three 6 Mafia
By EbenGregory
Date: 6/7/2006 9:20 am

A spokesman for Sony Records has confirmed that Three 6 Mafia Member Crunchy Black has severed his relationship with the Academy Award winning group.

Although there was no reason given for his sudden exodus, the Sony representative indicated that Crunchy (real name Darnell Carlton) made the decision to leave on his own and that he was not forced out of the Memphis group.

While industry insiders have speculated on the reason for his departure, the remaining members took to the radio airwaves to address the situation.

In a recent interview with Hot 97’s Miss Info, DJ Paul and Juicy J indicated that they haven’t communicated with Crunchy in several months.

The two further attempted to further explain his absence at the annual Hot 97 Summer Jam concert telling concertgoers that Crunchy had been replaced their Oscar Award.

In March 2006, Crunchy was identified in a lawsuit filed by a Pittsburgh man who alleged that he assaulted him as Three 6 performed their song "Let's Start A Riot" at the Rock Jungle Night Club.

Ramone Williams, who originally filed his lawsuit in July 2005, also named the club owners and Paul "DJ Paul" Beauregard, Jordan "Juicy J" Houston and Cedric Coleman as defendants.

Crunchy is reportedly working on a new album tentatively titled From Me to You, 1 The Hard Way.

Feb 8, 2003
Justin said:
YOU RIGHT... BUT YOU DIDN'T DISPUTE HIS CLAIM EITHER THO...

Thats bc dude said he knows DJ Paul and talks to him so I didnt know and i didnt want to speak on it. But you and I all know if you get probation violation more then likely you not getting off that easy unless it was some shit like a failed drug test then you may be able to wessle out.

Feb 8, 2003
Sav_Scorcese said:
Crunchy is reportedly working on a new album tentatively titled From Me to You, 1 The Hard Way.

Ah Huh

tHere it is yall. I bet he still signed to Sony also he just out the group now. Heres what I think this shit is publicity created by both sides so Crunchy can get some solo exposure

spv

Sicc OG
Feb 19, 2006
Its offical Crunchy Black is gone.

http://www.memphisrap.com/community/article810.html

Three 6 Mafia Relationship Ends With Crunchy Blac
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 @ 12:46 AM CDT by admin

The Oscar-winning group Three 6 Mafia known for tearing the club up may now be tearing the group up. For a few weeks rumors have been floating that Crunchy Blac of Three 6 Mafia was no longer with the Oscar winning music group. In a phone conversation on Wednesday evening sources reveal to MemphisRap.com that the group actually fell out shortly after winning the Oscar. "During the last few tours Crunchy Blac got tired of them (Three 6 Mafia) putting his album on the backburner. He's now working as a part of his group the Hard Hittaz, and an album, which I think is in the mastering stage," the source stated to MemphisRap.com. The members of the Hard Hittaz revealed in the interview include Crunchy Blac himself, Damian 'Dee-Dee Ossie' (a producer from Memphis), and another member referred to only as Brad (from New Orleans).

Even though many believed that this was just a rumor stemmed to promote an upcoming album it is the lack thereof the album itself that is the blame why the group is no longer a threesome. Also mentioned in the phone conversation with MemphisRap.com was that Crunchy Blac has actually been trying to get DJ Paul and Juicy J to support him in releasing his solo album for the last four to five years and he (Crunchy Blac) just couldn't take being putoff any longer.

The Hard Hittaz name was first placed in the forefront after a MemphisRap.com interview with La Chat in which La Chat stated to MemphisRap.com that she had a group called Hard Hittaz. Is this the same group which former members of Three 6 Mafia have now formed in rebellion to Three Six Mafia or is it because they had no choice but to leave inorder to be able to grow beyond the title of 'just another Three 6 Mafia member'. La Chat was unavailable for comments.

Additional sources revealed to MemphisRap.com that DJ Paul bluntly admitted he is not in this industry to help anyone since no one helped him. True fans that have followed Three 6 Mafia since their beginning years know that the group (in it's entirety) began as a span of more than 20 Memphis rappers including Lil Fly (today known as Playa Fly), Gangsta Blac, Lil Noid, Lil Glock, SOG, K-9, Kingpin Skinny Pimp, Carmike, La Chat, Gangsta Boo, M-Child, Lord Infamous, Droopy Droop Dog, Mr Del, Scanman (Killa Klan Kaze now Kamikaze Inc), MC Mack, Koopsta Knicca, T-Rock, K-Rock, Indo G and others.

A few of these members have stated to MemphisRap.com and other underground sources such as UGTV and Streetmasters that DJ Paul and Juicy J didn't look out for them, but they still have respect for the two (Paul and Juicy) and the hustle.

In related news, quite a few of the original members including Gangsta Boo, Koopsta Knicca, K-Rock, Indo G, T-Rock, Scanman, and MC Mack were recently reported to be preparing to release a new reassembled Prophet Posse (the prename of Three 6 Mafia) headed under CEO Nick "Scarfo" Jackson who helped launch the careers of DJ Paul and Juicy J. "When I was 18. I went to federal prison, but that is a whole other story for another interview. I got out, made over a million in cash and put Three 6 Mafia on the map. When I got out they acted like they didn't know me, but there ain't no love lost," stated Nick "Scarfo" Jackson in a recent issue of Street Masters Magazine

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
At least he's doin his own thing now....That's funny as hell though that the 3rd member is only known as "Brad."

spv

Sicc OG
Feb 19, 2006
Sixxness said:
At least he's doin his own thing now....That's funny as hell though that the 3rd member is only known as "Brad."
Hmm you know Brad might be Boggiemane...this new guy on Hypnotize supposedly he was going to be part of Crunchy's Hard Hittaz team and he was someone Crunchy brought to Hypnotize Minds so that might be him.

May 4, 2002
www.myspace.com
nob0die said:
Project Pat is the best on they whole label... so as long as they keep him happy... they will continue to eat... plus makin fire ass beats
project pat can rap his ass off no matter what topic he keep shit raw and real pat go hard sumtimes i dont feel tha beats he dont spit on but shit mosta pat's shit is smoov fire!
and lil wyte he tight but he sound like fred durst voice wise so his voice jus annoys me but he sound raw as fuck screwed and fraysier boy n chrome is tight as fuck!

HCP still raw i hated gangsta boo...
la chat was tight but sum times annoying
lord infamous was raw and on sum deep shit. but he toned it down after "when the smoke clears" dropped but yea shit HCP is like one the last mainstream artist i'll listen to.