Al Davis' letter to Lane Kiffin- Sept. 12, 2008

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 16, 2005
YEAH READ BETWEEN THE LINES IF YOU DON'T DO WHAT AL SAYS YOU WILL BE FIRED ....
SCARY1 DO US ALL FAVOR AND SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET OFF KIFFINS AND AL'S DICK

this is the kind of comment you could expect from someone with no real response. Whats worse, this response of yours? or that a donkey fan knows more about your team and it's history than you?

Mar 16, 2005
Ever heard of "Breach of Contract"? I think Kiffin is going to lose his case to tell you the truth.

Tony there was no breach of contract. All Lane did was call out his superiors, that's not grounds for breach of contract, no matter how much it pissed off Al and he wishes it was.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Exactly..
Why are you trying to argue about this Tony? If Al has done this same thing in the past and lost in court how do you think this is any different?
"Breach of Contract"... Al has proof and witnesses, statements that Lane has made to the media bruh...

Mar 16, 2005
"Breach of Contract"... Al has proof and witnesses, statements that Lane has made to the media bruh...
proof and witnesses??? wirnesses are his YES men, and proof is that letter...that letter while yo uthink it looks good was very bad actually...did you not read my response to it earlier where I showed you what he said really means?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Man I knew Kiffin didn't have confidence in Russell:

"At one point this offseason, Davis said, Kiffin approached Davis and voiced his concern over whether Russell was talented enough to guide the offense.

"He said, 'We can't win with this,' " Davis said of Kiffin. "So I said to him, 'What do you mean you can't win?' And he said, 'Well, we can't win.' And I said, 'Then do the honorable thing. If you don't think you can win, resign. If you don't think you can win, resign. I don't know what you're talking about.' "

Davis remains high on Russell and said, now that Kiffin is gone, people can expect to see Russell used in a larger capacity compared with how he was used by Kiffin.

"If this kid is going to be what I think he is," Davis said, "we have to let him go. He can play. "... If we keep him (healthy), he's good. This kid from LSU, he's a good player and a good kid. We're going to make him great."

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
Lmfao@ THis Thread It's Useless To Say Shit Tony Knows All For Bein A Raider Fan Since 06 Lmfao Try Bein A Raider Fan Since 83 Then Talk To Real Fans Get Off Al's DickWalkers Dick AN Halls Dick You Jus Mad Cuz The Saints Winnin Now Bro

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
Matter Fact Tony You'd Get Mobbed Out At A Raider Game For Talkin To Much About What You Think You know About The Raiders Come To A Game Talk All That Im Glad Kiffin Got Fired Shit In The Parking Lot Ill Put Down Money Ud Get Mobbed Out By Some Them Black Hole Dudes Or The Nation

Jun 1, 2002
THIS HAS BEEN GOOD THREAD.

AND THE RECORD: TONY IS NOT A BANDWAGON FAN. BANDWAGON FANS START ROOTING FOR A TEAM WHEN THE TEAM IS HOT. WHEN AARON BROOKS CAME HERE, WE SUCKED. SO TONY CAN'T BY DEFINITION BE A BANDWAGON FAN.

I GOT LOVE FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO THE ROOT FOR THE RAIDERS. ESPECIALLY RIGHT NOW.

Aug 9, 2006

AND THE RECORD: TONY IS NOT A BANDWAGON FAN. BANDWAGON FANS START ROOTING FOR A TEAM WHEN THE TEAM IS HOT. WHEN AARON BROOKS CAME HERE, WE SUCKED. SO TONY CAN'T BY DEFINITION BE A BANDWAGON FAN.

I GOT LOVE FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO THE ROOT FOR THE RAIDERS. ESPECIALLY RIGHT NOW.

Tony was under the impression that the raiders would be good.....he was just horrably wrong

Oct 8, 2002
www.408inc.com
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) - Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell was caught off-guard by a claim by owner Al Davis earlier this week that former head coach Lane Kiffin was against drafting Russell last year.

Russell, the first overall pick in 2007, felt he had a strong relationship with Kiffin and said the two often joked with one another. They worked together closely during the offseason and into training camp, and would routinely exchange text messages after games.

But Davis, the Raiders' 79-year-old owner, accused Kiffin of not wanting to draft Russell, a charge Russell found surprising.

"It just kind of came out of nowhere," Russell said Thursday. "I really don't think myself or coach Kiffin or anybody else were looking for that to come out that way."

Davis made the claim during a lengthy news conference Tuesday when the Raiders announced the firing of Kiffin "for cause," and promoted his replacement, offensive line coach Tom Cable.

In his first meeting with reporters in more than a year, Davis said the decision to fire Kiffin was based more on the former coach's criticisms of the franchise than it was Oakland's 1-3 record. Davis also questioned some of Kiffin's coaching decisions and claimed Kiffin objected to drafting Russell.

"Every day it was different, that's the thing," Davis said. "He didn't want Russell. At one time he wanted Brady Quinn. At one time he wanted Calvin Johnson. At one time (he wanted) to trade (the pick)."

Oakland used the first pick on Russell, who missed offseason workouts and training camp during his rookie season while locked in contract negotiations with the team. He eventually signed a $61 million contract, but didn't play until late in the season and started the finale.

Russell was given the starting job this past offseason and worked with Kiffin, offensive coordinator Greg Knapp and quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo trying to get up to speed with the offensive playbook.

The relationship between Russell and Kiffin seemed strong enough. At one point in the offseason Kiffin telephoned Russell to give the young quarterback a hard time when reports circulated that Russell's weight had ballooned to 300 pounds.

Through it all, Russell saw no indication from Kiffin that he wasn't wanted.

"Not at all," Russell said. "We always talked, joked around. Other than that, it wasn't anything like that."

Russell last received a text message from Kiffin on Tuesday, shortly after the Raiders announced their coaching change. He is still unsure which side to believe.

"I don't know, I really don't," Russell said. "It really doesn't matter right now. It was said. Can't do anything about it. It's done. You just move on. Like I said, if it was to be true, it would just give me fuel to keep on going."

Russell did not watch the televised news conference announcing Kiffin's firing and acknowledged he was disappointed by the move. He also defended Kiffin's decision to bring him along slowly as a quarterback, a move that has been criticized as the Raiders got off to a slow start this year.

"Hey, with the mistakes I made in the Jacksonville game (last season), if I had gotten out there early, at the beginning of the season, things would have been flying a little faster for me and who's to say, I might have did a lot worse," Russell said. "I appreciate his time sitting me down. I learned a lot from it, and once I got out there, everything kind of slowed down for me.

"I appreciate the opportunity he gave me to play in the National Football League. I wish for him to go out and get him a job, because he's a good guy, a good coach. I don't look for him to sit around long; he should be able to get a job somewhere."

The Raiders have a bye this week and don't play again until a road game at New Orleans on Oct. 12. That gives Cable and Oakland's players a little time to adjust to one another.

"He's an offensive line coach, and with the running game that we have, I'm pretty sure he likes that," Russell said. "But he did say we are going to try and be pretty equal as far as running and throwing the ball. The first day we came in, it was sort of like a shock when we went out to practice, coach Kiffin not being there. But I'm pretty sure guys will react to Coach Cable, since he's been around for a while. It's not hard to get used to a new guy."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8634392/Russell-defends-relationship-with-Kiffin

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002

Good lookin' S1, I appreciate your input. You are a real cat, and if my memory serves correct, you were the first O.G. Raider fan on here to give me that official "Welcome to the Raider Nation", so good lookin' out bro! I guess these squares on here don't know the true definition of a bandwagon fan huh...

And yes I agree, this is a good thread because we got to hear Al's side of the story (it's on the individual to believe him or not, and I believe his side). Now that Al has spoken, Kiffin canceled his press conference.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Tony was under the impression that the raiders would be good.....he was just horrably wrong
And what's your point? A "bandwagon" fan would have been gone by now and not stuck with the team through all this at this time. Not only that, a bandwagon fan wouldn't have liked the Raiders until they started winning.

Mar 16, 2005
Good lookin' S1, I appreciate your input. You are a real cat, and if my memory serves correct, you were the first O.G. Raider fan on here to give me that official "Welcome to the Raider Nation", so good lookin' out bro! I guess these squares on here don't know the true definition of a bandwagon fan huh...

And yes I agree, this is a good thread because we got to hear Al's side of the story (it's on the individual to believe him or not, and I believe his side). Now that Al has spoken, Kiffin canceled his press conference.

You still don't understand why he did the cancellation?

It's called professionalism, not everything is street you know?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Matter Fact Tony You'd Get Mobbed Out At A Raider Game For Talkin To Much About What You Think You know About The Raiders Come To A Game Talk All That Im Glad Kiffin Got Fired Shit In The Parking Lot Ill Put Down Money Ud Get Mobbed Out By Some Them Black Hole Dudes Or The Nation
LMFAO... You'd probably lose your money because I am pretty sure "Them Black Hole Dudes Or The Nation" probably agrees with what I've been saying or they probably wouldn't even care. As a matter of fact, one of them dudes was holding up a sign that read "Kiffin must go" (and I've been saying that since last November). So you're probably the only idiot that "thinks" I would get mobbed.

But now if you want to do it yourself, I am more than willing to give you an opportunity. We can get down in the parking lot and then go about our business. I am not in no way threatening you, but I don't appreciate folks talking about me getting mobbed period. Take it how you want to and let me know if you're in the bay area come one of these Sundays.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
You still don't understand why he did the cancellation?

It's called professionalism, not everything is street you know?
Yeah I understand, now that he's been fired he's now all of a sudden a "professional". I know everything is not street but now that $3.5 million is at stake, he's a professional now huh. Why wasn't this professional sportin' Raider gear or team apparell when he got outcoached at the Senior Bowl?

Mar 16, 2005
Yeah I understand, now that he's been fired he's now all of a sudden a "professional". I know everything is not street but now that $3.5 million is at stake, he's a professional now huh. Why wasn't this professional sportin' Raider gear or team apparell when he got outcoached at the Senior Bowl?

why doesn't ANY coach do that when they have another deal in place before end of previous season??? come on tony.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
people give shit to the "new" cowboys fan so why not you?....
Because I am not a "new" Raider fan... man I am really beginning to think that something is wrong with you. I don't like to insult folks (unless I am insulted first) but man you're forcing me to (like Lane forced Al to fire him). Come on now mooreblock I know you're smarter than what you're portraying on here.