Al Davis' letter to Lane Kiffin- Sept. 12, 2008

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
My apologies go out to Al for only hearing one side of the story (Kiffin's side). Peep this letter that was written to Lane Kiffin. I see why he's not getting paid. Draw your own conclusion from this letter:

Here is the text of a letter provided by the Oakland Raiders that owner Al Davis said he gave to Lane Kiffin on Sept. 12, telling him that if he violated terms of his contract he would be fired for cause:

September 12, 2008

By Hand Delivery and Federal Express

Dear Lane:

Over the past months, you have made a number of public statements that were highly critical of, and designed to embarrass and discredit, this organization, its players and its coaches. I left you alone during training camp in hopes that you would cease your immature and destructive campaign.

However, you continue to make public statements that are critical of the organization, its players as whole as well as individual players. Such statements constitute conduct detrimental to the Raiders and I will no longer stand silently by while you continue to hurt this organization.

Further, your contract is quite clear that you work "subject to the direction and supervision of the General Partner" and that the General Partner has "the exclusive right to do all things, which in its sole discretion are necessary to maintain and improve the Club, the football organization and their activities."

I realized when I hired you that you were young and inexperienced and that there would be a learning process for you. Your mistakes on player personnel and coaches were overlooked based on our patience with you. But I never dreamt that you would be untruthful in statements to the press as well as on so many other issues. Your actions are those of a coach looking to makes (sic) excuses for not winning, rather than a coach focused on winning.

For example, with the exception of Gibril Wilson, you were involved in recruiting all free agents and determining salaries for them and you were explicit about your desire to sign Javon Walker and DeAngelo Hall amongst others. All were a must to sign in your eyes, Hall, in particular, because he played for Greg Knapp in Atlanta and Knapp gave him high grades. Do not run from that now.

I do realize that you did not want us to draft JaMarcus Russell. He is a great player. Get over it and coach this team on the field, that is what you were hired to do. We can win with this team!

In regards to your recent fabrications about the defense, during the final cuts you made every cut on offense and every cut on defense except for (Fred) Wakefield on defense and (Seth) Wand on offense. Furthermore, during the game Monday night (defensive coordinator) Rob (Ryan) played your Cover-2 defense and we got killed on an approximately 50-yard touchdown pass and an approximately 70-yard gain that led to a field goal.

You meet every week with the defensive coaches to go over both the past game and to get a general feel for what will happen during the week in practice. You have the ability and authority to provide your input during those meetings and the preparation of the game plan. I do not have weekly meetings with Rob -- you do.

During the week no one has ever told you what to do on either offense or defense. In addition, no one has ever told you during a game what to do on either offense or defense and you call every play on offense. During a game if you want to blitz more, all you have to do is let Rob know what blitz you want and he will do it.

Although you continue to use the media to express your dissatisfaction with others, no one has publicly pointed out to you that in four preseason games and one regular-season game played this year, your offense has scored one first-half touchdown. That put tremendous pressure on the defense.

I know that you wanted to bring your father in to run the defense and that Monte told me that he wanted to come here even though he as (sic) under contract to Tampa. However I did not want to tamper with another team. In any event that was over seven months ago. Do not now also run from the defense and your responsibilities.

This letter constitutes notice that if you further violate any term of your contract, in any manner whatsoever, you will be terminated for cause. I trust that this will not occur.

A.D. Football, Inc.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Come on now.... miss me with all the gay talk man. If you want to talk football then let's talk football. If you don't have any constructive input in regards to the thread and the letter then just leave. There's no need for for the gay Castro talks... save it for the Niner threads or something. I just jumped the gun because I believed what Kiffin was putting out in the media. So like I said if you don't have any constructive input then bounce. We're chopping up Raider football and why Lane Kiffin was fired.

Mar 16, 2005
My apologies go out to Al for only hearing one side of the story (Kiffin's side). Peep this letter that was written to Lane Kiffin. I see why he's not getting paid. Draw your own conclusion from this letter:

Here is the text of a letter provided by the Oakland Raiders that owner Al Davis said he gave to Lane Kiffin on Sept. 12, telling him that if he violated terms of his contract he would be fired for cause:

September 12, 2008

By Hand Delivery and Federal Express

Dear Lane:

Over the past months, you have made a number of public statements that were highly critical of, and designed to embarrass and discredit, this organization, its players and its coaches. I left you alone during training camp in hopes that you would cease your immature and destructive campaign.

However, you continue to make public statements that are critical of the organization, its players as whole as well as individual players. Such statements constitute conduct detrimental to the Raiders and I will no longer stand silently by while you continue to hurt this organization.

Further, your contract is quite clear that you work "subject to the direction and supervision of the General Partner" and that the General Partner has "the exclusive right to do all things, which in its sole discretion are necessary to maintain and improve the Club, the football organization and their activities." which means you work for me and what I say goes!

I realized when I hired you that you were young and inexperienced and that there would be a learning process for you. Your mistakes on player personnel and coaches were overlooked based on our patience with you. But I never dreamt that you would be untruthful in statements to the press as well as on so many other issues. Your actions are those of a coach looking to makes (sic) excuses for not winning, rather than a coach focused on winning. means why did you question me don't you know who I am?

For example, with the exception of Gibril Wilson, you were involved in recruiting all free agents and determining salaries for them and you were explicit about your desire to sign Javon Walker and DeAngelo Hall amongst others. All were a must to sign in your eyes, Hall, in particular, because he played for Greg Knapp in Atlanta and Knapp gave him high grades. Do not run from that now. means, thank you for giving me a scapegoat, because like I said above all things have to go through me but in this case I can blame you, thanks!

I do realize that you did not want us to draft JaMarcus Russell. He is a great player. Get over it and coach this team on the field, that is what you were hired to do. We can win with this team! see above meaning

In regards to your recent fabrications about the defense, during the final cuts you made every cut on offense and every cut on defense except for (Fred) Wakefield on defense and (Seth) Wand on offense. Furthermore, during the game Monday night (defensive coordinator) Rob (Ryan) played your Cover-2 defense and we got killed on an approximately 50-yard touchdown pass and an approximately 70-yard gain that led to a field goal. but he let it slide even though lane "bad mouthed them"???? riiiiiiight

You meet every week with the defensive coaches to go over both the past game and to get a general feel for what will happen during the week in practice. You have the ability and authority to provide your input during those meetings and the preparation of the game plan. I do not have weekly meetings with Rob -- you do.

During the week no one has ever told you what to do on either offense or defense. In addition, no one has ever told you during a game what to do on either offense or defense and you call every play on offense. During a game if you want to blitz more, all you have to do is let Rob know what blitz you want and he will do it.
means..yes this sounds good to write because ryan wont question me if i throw him under bus

Although you continue to use the media to express your dissatisfaction with others, no one has publicly pointed out to you that in four preseason games and one regular-season game played this year, your offense has scored one first-half touchdown. That put tremendous pressure on the defense.

I know that you wanted to bring your father in to run the defense and that Monte told me that he wanted to come here even though he as (sic) under contract to Tampa. However I did not want to tamper with another team. In any event that was over seven months ago. Do not now also run from the defense and your responsibilities. why would i want your dad who knows what he's doing and would question me when i can keep ryan who has been losing me games since before you came but doesnt question me

This letter constitutes notice that if you further violate any term of your contract, in any manner whatsoever, you will be terminated for cause. I trust that this will not occur. means this letter is a way to rid myself of having to pay you because that is how i like to do my coaches, and will continue to do as long as i can keep getting away with it.

A.D. Football, Inc.

you buy this shit huh?

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
Come on now.... miss me with all the gay talk man. If you want to talk football then let's talk football. If you don't have any constructive input in regards to the thread and the letter then just leave. There's no need for for the gay Castro talks... save it for the Niner threads or something. I just jumped the gun because I believed what Kiffin was putting out in the media. So like I said if you don't have any constructive input then bounce. We're chopping up Raider football and why Lane Kiffin was fired.
you a fool tony believe what u want, but i think at the end of the season most raiders fans are you going LoL at you......

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
@thascary 1, Yep... it was part of the contract. Lane agreed and signed it period end of discussion. I don't think he's going to get his money because he purposely got himself fired after being warned.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
you a fool tony believe what u want, but i think at the end of the season most raiders fans are you going LoL at you......
We'll see... the Raiders will improve now that Lane Kiffin is gone...

So what does everyone else think about the letter? I think Lane Kiffin got put on blast... Al kept a copy of it. LOL

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I told you all that Kiffin ran the "prevent offense" this is a quote from ESPN's John Clayton:

"Kiffin felt the team couldn't pass the ball more than 20 times and still win the game. If Cable and Knapp can get the offense to a point at which it can successfully pass the ball 25 or 30 times a game, the Raiders will have a better chance of winning."

Nov 7, 2002
End of the season fuck that im laughing now Tony you band wagon jumping half ass raider fan wannabe dont know what the fuck your talking about. How long ago did you become a raider fan? Hey Tony maybe you should forward all your Al Davis dick riding to Al davis himself I'm sure he would love to have another yes man to tell him how great he is and who knows maybe you'll be the next head coach!

Mar 16, 2005
I told you all that Kiffin ran the "prevent offense" this is a quote from ESPN's John Clayton:

"Kiffin felt the team couldn't pass the ball more than 20 times and still win the game. If Cable and Knapp can get the offense to a point at which it can successfully pass the ball 25 or 30 times a game, the Raiders will have a better chance of winning."
well no shit..thats common sense...but whats going to happen when they start throwing the ball more and JR starts throwing more picks??? His confidence will go down, then he will start second guessing himself and not take as many chances......I told everyone this way back in the Plummer vs Cutler debates and why they should sit him and why they shouldn't start vince young.....so where is young now and where is cutler????

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
End of the season fuck that im laughing now Tony you band wagon jumping half ass raider fan wannabe dont know what the fuck your talking about. How long ago did you become a raider fan? Hey Tony maybe you should forward all your Al Davis dick riding to Al davis himself I'm sure he would love to have another yes man to tell him how great he is and who knows maybe you'll be the next head coach!
Reveal your real identity... you must be Chree or someone. I am just going to ignore dumb post like this from now on.

You know they got counseling for that right? There is help out there for people like you. So go get yourself checked out and when you're ready to chop up some football then come back and holla at me.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
well no shit..thats common sense...but whats going to happen when they start throwing the ball more and JR starts throwing more picks??? His confidence will go down, then he will start second guessing himself and not take as many chances......I told everyone this way back in the Plummer vs Cutler debates and why they should sit him and why they shouldn't start vince young.....so where is young now and where is cutler????
I voted for Cutler starting ASAP and you wanted to stick it out with Plummer... I told you Cutler was eventually going to take over for Plummber during his rookie season and you disagreed. I remember... and look what happened!

Cutler is playing great but he still makes mistakes now and then. What qb doesn't make mistakes? QB's are going to make mistakes it's part of their growing process. Vince Young has a nice arm so maybe he's having trouble reading defenses and going through his proper reads and progressions. Look at Matt Ryan and Flacco in Baltimore... they're out there slanging the rock and learning on the go. They'll be better but all qb's take their lumps and bruises and they grow with experience. JaMarcus will be alright... we just need a coach that has confidence in the dude.

Mar 16, 2005
I voted for Cutler starting ASAP and you wanted to stick it out with Plummer...

Cutler is playing great but he still makes mistakes now and then. What qb doesn't make mistakes? QB's are going to make mistakes it's part of their growing process. Vince Young has a nice arm so maybe he's having trouble reading defenses and going through his proper reads and progressions. Look at Matt Ryan and Flacco in Baltimore... they're out there slanging the rock and learning on the go. They'll be better but all qb's take their lumps and bruises and they grow with experience. JaMarcus will be alright... we just need a coach that has confidence in the dude.
yes I know, and they sat culter titans started young to soon, and look where each qb is now....YOU CANNOT RUSH ROOKIE QB'S OUT TOO EARLY....Yet yo uwant to throw JR into a situation where he is throwing 30+ times a agame with a shaky o-line against the pass???

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
yes I know, and they sat culter titans started young to soon, and look where each qb is now....YOU CANNOT RUSH ROOKIE QB'S OUT TOO EARLY....Yet yo uwant to throw JR into a situation where he is throwing 30+ times a agame with a shaky o-line against the pass???
What ever it takes to win. If we have to throw 30 times a game to win then we have to have confidence and trust in Russell for him to able to do it.

Don't forget... Vince Young had people questioning his "wonderlic scores" when he first came out of college. So maybe he's having trouble reading defenses...

And Cutler didn't sit for too long this rookie year.

Nov 7, 2002
Reveal your real identity... you must be Chree or someone. I am just going to ignore dumb post like this from now on.

You know they got counseling for that right? There is help out there for people like you. So go get yourself checked out and when you're ready to chop up some football then come back and holla at me.
Dog you make no sense just keep believing in everything Al Davis says. Did you know theres no help for stupid so I guess your shit out of luck. Tony your the only one that believes that your talking real football everybody else is just laughing at your retarded ass. Go back to being what ever fan you were before you thought it would make you cool to be a raider fan ass.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
What ever it takes to win. If we have to throw 30 times a game to win then we have to have confidence and trust in Russell for him to able to do it.

Don't forget... Vince Young had people questioning his "wonderlic scores" when he first came out of college. So maybe he's having trouble reading defenses...

And Cutler didn't sit for too long this rookie year.
that o-line cant stop shit let him get back there and try throwing 30 times a game and watch him end up on his back more often his confidence is just gonna fall apart kiffin kept him at a paced level and tried to get him to slowly throw more passes and not just feed him to the wolfs its gonna be some entertainment come week 6

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Go back to being what ever fan you were before you thought it would make you cool to be a raider fan
LMFAO... now (and NEVER) is definetly not the time to go back to being a Saints fan because the Raiders play them in a few weeks and the Saints are going to get smashed now that Kiffin is gone. The Raiders are going to hit them boys up... Watch! Javon Walker is going to score his first TD as an Oakland Raider and Raiders are going to win the game period. I am a Raider fan for life so get used to it, sucka!

Props to Al Davis for running thangs the way he wants to run them. If you don't like it then bounce, sucka-butt!

you need help brotha.... them hydrolics messin' with yo peanut son.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
that o-line cant stop shit let him get back there and try throwing 30 times a game and watch him end up on his back more often his confidence is just gonna fall apart kiffin kept him at a paced level and tried to get him to slowly throw more passes and not just feed him to the wolfs its gonna be some entertainment come week 6
Kiffin kept him handcuffed... now that those handcuffs are off, we're going to see some real live entertainment in Nawlins mayne.