Al Davis' letter to Lane Kiffin- Sept. 12, 2008

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
LOL whether or not he gets his money doesn't affect the team, so I'd rather he have it than not. Maybe he'll toss few bucks to Shanahan.
yeah... at this point it's old news... whatever happens with Kiffin is in the past...

he's not part of the team so we gotta move on

I think he does deserve the money...

but all I really care about is what affects the team in a positive way

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
You're having more trouble letting go of Lane Kiffen than anyone else on here.

LOL

Kind of ironic...
BS... seems like you're having more trouble of letting Kiffin go and you still think he should get his money. I posted that because I didn't know he was flirting with Arkansas "during" the season. What happend to all this "I'm in" stuff? Everyone else was in and Kiff wanted out during the season, so not only was he disloyal to his boss Al Davis, looks like he was being disloyal to the players as well.

If you're not interested in the Al Davis/Kiffin topic anymore, just don't click on the thread. It's obvious you're still interested yourself or you wouldn't have even bothered to reply or read what was posted.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
THATS THE MAIN THING... TO BE LOOKING FOR A JOB WHILE U HAVE PLAYERS WHO ARE BUYING INTO YOUR SYSTEM AND YOU JUST WANNA LEAVE THEM BEHIND.. THAT WAS A YOUNG MISTAKE. BUT IT WAS HIS YOUNG MISTAKE AND HE SHOULD PAY FOR BY NOT GETTING PAID...

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
BS... seems like you're having more trouble of letting Kiffin go and you still think he should get his money. I posted that because I didn't know he was flirting with Arkansas "during" the season. What happend to all this "I'm in" stuff? Everyone else was in and Kiff wanted out during the season, so not only was he disloyal to his boss Al Davis, looks like he was being disloyal to the players as well.

If you're not interested in the Al Davis/Kiffin topic anymore, just don't click on the thread. It's obvious you're still interested yourself or you wouldn't have even bothered to reply or read what was posted.
Al Davis obviously isn't ''in'' to what's best for the team; he's interested in the bottom line, HIS bottom line, financially. Period.

I don't care about Kiffen; he's not a part of this team any longer. Just as I don't worry about Randy Moss or Phillip Buchanon any longer, as they aren't part of this team.

You can keep finding things to try to defend Al Davis, but you're in the (extreme) minority. Even former PLAYERS are echoing my thoughts on him...or maybe I'm echoing theirs, but regardless...THEY would know more than YOU or I about the matter, so something obviously isn't WONDERFUL in Raider Nation...

But you can keep thinking hoping everything is everyone's fault but Al's, but one day you might open your eyes and realize and recognize the pattern here. The only common denominator is Al Davis. Tim Brown says so. Rich Gannon says so. Warren Sapp says so. But they're wrong, and you're right, huh, Tony?

I believe you.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
THATS THE MAIN THING... TO BE LOOKING FOR A JOB WHILE U HAVE PLAYERS WHO ARE BUYING INTO YOUR SYSTEM AND YOU JUST WANNA LEAVE THEM BEHIND.. THAT WAS A YOUNG MISTAKE. BUT IT WAS HIS YOUNG MISTAKE AND HE SHOULD PAY FOR BY NOT GETTING PAID...
I could agree with you; basically, you're saying that for searching for another job while with Oakland, he's voiding his contractual oblications/agreements, correct? Was it specifically written in his contract that he may not express interest in other coaching jobs while with the team? Honestly, I don't know...but there's a BIG difference (legally) between what's MORALLY wrong and what's LEGALLY wrong. Your boss may not want you researching another job while employed by him...but it's not illegal.

Also...if you'd like Lane Kiffen to take responsibility for his actions (not getting paid), what do you suggest for Al Davis? Should he take responsibility? Or does he get a pass for the GREATNESS he provided 25 years ago?

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Tim Brown says so. Rich Gannon says so. Warren Sapp says so. But they're wrong, and you're right, huh, Tony?

I believe you.
[sarcasm]so you're trying to tell me Tim Brown, Rich Gannon, and Warren Sapp know more about what goes on in the Raiders organization more than Tony???

you're trippin!

come on... Tony would smoke those fools in Madden[/sarcasm]

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
[sarcasm]so you're trying to tell me Tim Brown, Rich Gannon, and Warren Sapp know more about what goes on in the Raiders organization more than Tony???

you're trippin!

come on... Tony would smoke those fools in Madden[/sarcasm]
Word.

Meta4ical: You get out to the Raiders games? I'm planning on going next season for the SD game. Never been out there...I need a tour guide. LOL!

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Word.

Meta4ical: You get out to the Raiders games? I'm planning on going next season for the SD game. Never been out there...I need a tour guide. LOL!
I don't go to all the games

I try to get to at least a couple every season

this season so far I went to the Niners preseason and the Denver game

I wanna get to a couple more... maybe the Pats game and the KC game

but if we keep losing every game I might just say fuck it and not even bother supporting the team with my money for the rest of this season

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Never. Oakland's like...10-12 hour drive from here. Thankfully, I'll be flying. I'm taking my oldest son with me. But I'll spring for some good seats, though...no sense going all that way and getting some shit in a shitty seat. LOL

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Yeah...I have a friend who's a big Seacocks fan, and wants me to go to a game with him. I'll only go if Oakland's playing there...but that stadium they have is fucking awesome.

I'd rather go to a game in Oakland, anyways...I'm hoping to own my own business in about 5 years, so then I can be my own boss, and maybe get season tickets. LOL

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
yeah... Seattle does have a nice ass stadium

I wanna get season tickets too... it's just hard for me to drop all that cash to see us only win a few games

but ehhh... one of these years I'll do it though

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
I could agree with you; basically, you're saying that for searching for another job while with Oakland, he's voiding his contractual oblications/agreements, correct? Was it specifically written in his contract that he may not express interest in other coaching jobs while with the team? Honestly, I don't know...but there's a BIG difference (legally) between what's MORALLY wrong and what's LEGALLY wrong. Your boss may not want you researching another job while employed by him...but it's not illegal. .
Also...if you'd like Lane Kiffen to take responsibility for his actions (not getting paid), what do you suggest for Al Davis? Should he take responsibility? Or does he get a pass for the GREATNESS he provided 25 years ago?
Al had him by the nuts in the contract. But anyway I don't like that he was fired. But al wanted him gone and looking for another job is one of many al davis has named. It is what it is,so imma move on and root for the players on my team. Leave all that in the past

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
I'm all for that...but Al needs to accept responsibility for HIS mistakes, also.

Lane Kiffen was a good fit for Oakland, IMO, but he's gone. Bye. See you around.

I want what's best for my team, and if Lane wasn't, AL definately isn't, either.

But I wish Cable success. I want nothing but the best for my team, and if Tom Cable can do it, I'm all for it.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I'm all for that...but Al needs to accept responsibility for HIS mistakes, also.

Lane Kiffen was a good fit for Oakland, IMO, but he's gone. Bye. See you around.

I want what's best for my team, and if Lane wasn't, AL definately isn't, either.

But I wish Cable success. I want nothing but the best for my team, and if Tom Cable can do it, I'm all for it.
exactly how I feel

I really don't feel like he is the answer... but if he is I'll be more than happy to admit I was wrong

Nov 7, 2002
Yup hope all the best for Cable just hate when we get a coach that seems to be turning the team in the right direction Al alway has to stick his nose in there and let his ego be felt by the Head Coach and players. Al said he understands there was going to be a learning curve with Kiffin as he was young Coach but shit how long did Al give him one year. Takes teams years rebuild under a stable coaching staff to turn around a franchise most times and Al expects everything fix in one year with all the drama he adds its just laughable. Al has this Attitude of you guys know who's really in charge me so just make me happy doesnt matter what the coach says if you have a problem come to me I'll handle the coach. That a bad policy puts the coach in a bad position doesnt matter who's the coach is Al just needs to chill back and let them be the leader of that team thats what a coach is the leader. Kiffins gone moving on but Al still here how many other Head Coaches must the Raiders go through because Al Davis's behavior? Shit I hope Cable last a long, long, time but with Al I just dont see that happening.