The Thing That Seperates Christianity From Other Religions...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
MEXICANCOMMANDO said:
How do you know you cannot exist with a great grandfather? How do you know you weren't adopted or created by some other being, either by supernatural divinity or maybe you were cloned a certain amount of years ago and given to a foster family? You don't and can't prove it unless you remember your own birth. Even if you have pictures or film of your birth there is always the possibility that this proof could have been doctored. Fact is you can't be sure.

1)I never made that assumption. I even clarified myself.
2)They didn't make a space ship because they did not have that technology that is correct but that is not to say they had no technology, that was my point, nothing else.
3)If you worship your toilet and treat it as your god then by definiton of the word the toilet is a god. If you are still asking me if your toilet is a devine being then that is up for debate and I would say no.

Yes no human. My answer is not NO. Over confidence can lead one down the wrong path. Logically I believe that no human truly understands nature. Because I believe this I have no proof of a human that truly does understand nature, if you believe that some human ever has then please back up your statement with proof.

You may have been talking to me, I didn't know. Your comment was a generalization. All you said was people, well i am a person and i belong to people.

1) Common sense is logic to you, not necessarily that to me. It doesnt seem to be very common.
2) Don't kill people because it's not good. I dont believe that is common or logical. If anything I would say killing and/or murder are norms.
3) Maybe people are dependant on a higher power because they wish to do so, it is not necessarily because they feel they must have a crutch in order to face life, death, uncertainty.
I think you mis-typed the first line....Either that or you're way more confused that I think. How do I know that I wasn't adopted? I've seen my birth certificate, I've been to the place where I was born, and that is just a big ignorant ass "what if" situation, so let's not even go down that road. Cause its just gonna cause both of us head aches. Also, "what if" situations don't play any role in validating your argument. What if I killed you? You would go to heaven cause there isn't a god. See my point?

Over confidence can lead SOME down the wrong path. Ignorance is a big role in that as well, not just ego homey. About the humans understanding nature, I was just trying to get you to see my perspective. You are trying to convince me of something you have NO proof of, its a bitch when people do that shit to you huh?

1) Common sense should be very common. That's the problem with our species. Common sense does not mean, "what everyone agrees on." It means what is right based on ethical reasoning.
2) Just because something is a normal happening doesn't mean that it's not good. People do drugs and fuck of there lives all the time, that's a norm, but it's not a good thing. I just used that as an example. Maybe I should have used more examples or generalized shit so you could understand better?
3) Wish to do so? WHAT IS THERE MOTIVATION? There is always a REASON. You can't say that it's not what I said because to be perfectly honest, you don't know why every single person believes in god, if they do.

BTW....If I worship my toilet, that makes it a god, as you said. Just because I worship it, DOESN'T MEAN IT'S GOD. See what I'm sayin? Just cause you worship it, doesn't mean it's really there or that there is a god. Thanks, have a nice day! :dead:

Apr 8, 2004
yawn..

Contagious Locc said:
But, just to clear things up I'm far from perfect, I haven't been to church in years, I don't live the life of a Christian but I know the word of God. Real talk, no frontin' on mines. I know the truth but I don't live the life, at least I'm not right now..
for hank

@shep: what you just said make no sense at all. lol people study the bible just like they study everything else, to get a better understanding of it. i'm sorry but you just don't open the bible and then knowledge just pours down from the heavens above. theres nothing mysterious about the bible to me, it's easily understood when you actually read it. not everyone is as gifted as you to read something once and grasp all it's information in it's entirety, some of us have to actually study the material.

how come it seems like i'm repeating myself, since all this questions i've anwsered in previous posts

shep

Sicc OG
Oct 2, 2002
if there are no foreign concepts, then you should not have to study the bible. it's the same as reading a novel.... you're backing away from you own religion now. christianity and it's several sects interpret the bible in different ways, which means it's not clear because if it was, then there would be no room for interpretation.

Apr 8, 2004
Ya'll are so predictable

The question wasn't whether or not energy exists lol or if it was used in the creation of the universe. The problem is you seem to think that God the creator of heaven and earth including energy ever existed. lol, so chill out man, i believe you, i know energy existed. The believer of the Christian faith is not thinking logically right because they didn't witness the events spoke about in the bible, therefore your assumption that the universe was created on energy, without God, isn't logic unless you got proof for that claim. You asked Mexican Commando if he witness the events he believed in, did you witness yours, if not you can't consider his illogical and your logical.

@20sixx lol call it what you want but there's no such thing as a half ass christian, in fact there's no such thing as perfect christian either. i could personally careless what anyone thinks about me, especially you cause you're a judge that can't even review the evidence that's presented before you, but hmm.. In a perfect world everyone who believed in God would live by his law. in this thread things have changed from proof of prophecies, to the existance of God, to scientific theories, now it's on where im at spiritually with God. That's usually the last resort of an atheist, you guys must be running on E man. It's all good man lets not resort to name calling, it only shows ignorance. Lets stick to the topic at hand, aight?

P.S. I have until Judgement Day before I'm judged, capese?

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Contagious Locc said:
therefore your assumption that the universe was created on energy, without God, isn't logic unless you got proof for that claim. You asked Mexican Commando if he witness the events he believed in, did you witness yours, if not you can't consider his illogical and your logical.

No, I didn't see the Earth created. But if you're saying that you disagree, you need to go back to school. And I'm not talkin about bible school or whatever it is.

Logical is knowing what is here, what I can see, hear, touch, etc....not believing in a supreme being that supercedes the fucking universe and can't prove even exists....If I give you a rock, does it exist? Was it created with energy? Do you believe in magic or even fairy tales? Cause to me, the bible is one long ass fairy tale.

BTW, whoever it was that brought up the great great great grandfather thing....that's not something we disagree on, so bringing that up in this argument isn't helping you validate your beliefs in any way. This is a discussion about what we disagree on. And it's one thing in specific, so bringing up other shit like that is lame.

Apr 8, 2004
shep said:
if there are no foreign concepts, then you should not have to study the bible. it's the same as reading a novel.... you're backing away from you own religion now. christianity and it's several sects interpret the bible in different ways, which means it's not clear because if it was, then there would be no room for interpretation.
I'm not backing away from anything, I'm standing firm homie don't get it twisted. why don't you read it for yourself and let me know your interpretation. if something not easy to understand you study to try to understand. it's as simple as that dogg, i said that before whats so hard to understand about that?

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
For all you know, the bible could have been written by people on shrooms dude...maybe that's why people back then thought jesus could do so much....lol...

Apr 8, 2004
@hank: so in other words you expected me to lie lol, i'm content with imperfection because there's no one on this earth that's perfect.
@sixxness: listen carefully okay, saying the earth was created just on energy ALONE is illogical because you have no proof. it's not a hard concept to grasp man.

Feb 9, 2003
Sixxness said:
I think you mis-typed the first line....Either that or you're way more confused that I think. How do I know that I wasn't adopted? I've seen my birth certificate, I've been to the place where I was born, and that is just a big ignorant ass "what if" situation, so let's not even go down that road. Cause its just gonna cause both of us head aches. Also, "what if" situations don't play any role in validating your argument. What if I killed you? You would go to heaven cause there isn't a god. See my point?
I don't think I mis-typed it unless you see a typo I didn't. You on the other hand typed ' Either that or you're way more confused that i think (and this think should be thought if it is to follow than)." I read the bible it tells me about God, it tells me there is a God. You do not find that as sufficient proof. I know about historians citing Christ as a real person. You accepted neither as proof, I on the same side of the coin will accept neither as proof that you were born of that lineage of grandfather or other past relative. Then you go to say 'What if I killed you? You would go to heaven cause there isn't a god." Either you mis-typed or you are way more confused than i thought.
Sixxness said:
Over confidence can lead SOME down the wrong path. Ignorance is a big role in that as well, not just ego homey. About the humans understanding nature, I was just trying to get you to see my perspective. You are trying to convince me of something you have NO proof of, its a bitch when people do that shit to you huh?
Ego as in freudian thought or ego as in the latin(?) word meaning 'self?'. About the proof being a bitch, it is. You have yet to prove to me that you ever had a great great.....grandfather.
Sixxness said:
1) Common sense should be very common. That's the problem with our species. Common sense does not mean, "what everyone agrees on." It means what is right based on ethical reasoning.
2) Just because something is a normal happening doesn't mean that it's not good. People do drugs and fuck of there lives all the time, that's a norm, but it's not a good thing. I just used that as an example. Maybe I should have used more examples or generalized shit so you could understand better?
3) Wish to do so? WHAT IS THERE MOTIVATION? There is always a REASON. You can't say that it's not what I said because to be perfectly honest, you don't know why every single person believes in god, if they do.
1) Common sense differs upon which culture you are speaking of. What one culture or even person generalizes as 'common sense' cannot feasibly be expected to be accepted or embraced by another. Ethical reasoning falls under the same problem, we all dont share ethics. 20-sixx believes it is not ethically right to deprive women of the choice to have an abortion, I think it is not ethically right to kill/get rid of a 'clump of unwanted, undeveloped' cells.
2) I understood perfectly. There is another of your assumptions. Your definiton of good is not anothers.
3) Wishing in itself is a reason. Lack of a reason is also in every sense of the word a reason. Such as the question, "what are you doing." If you say nothing and are trulyy doing something then you are doing something because nothing is a state, and although it is the lack of somethingness, something envelopes everything even nothingness as nothingness is a something.
3a) I never said that every person that believes in God doesnt do it because of the reason you stated, in fact I added a maybe as in a possibility one of many.
Sixxness said:
BTW....If I worship my toilet, that makes it a god, as you said. Just because I worship it, DOESN'T MEAN IT'S GOD. See what I'm sayin? Just cause you worship it, doesn't mean it's really there or that there is a god. Thanks, have a nice day! :dead:
1)Yes if you worship your toilet it does make it a god because you would believe it to be a god.
2) I know that it doesnt make it a or the God. I even said that twice ( i believe prior to this responce)
3) You're welcome. I would have a nice day, but I still have some shit to do. :cry:

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Contagious Locc said:
@sixxness: listen carefully okay, saying the earth was created just on energy ALONE is illogical because you have no proof. it's not a hard concept to grasp man.
are you saying that you believe in logic then or what? cause if you believe something is illogical, then something has to be logical right? Saying that the Earth was created by a higher power is RETARDED, not just illogical. By the way, can you tell me what god looks like? A description even from your bible will do, I'd like to prove a point.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
somethin else to add....you are all so quick to tell us about proving it and posting evidence....but you won't even type out what you want us to fuckin read....how the fuck are you gonna prove anything by doin that? if you want to prove all of us wrong, read up on atheism and shit....and maybe some general science too. then come back and rationally speak...saying you believe in god, is like saying you believe in the fucking boogey man...

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
MEXICANCOMMANDO said:
I don't think I mis-typed it unless you see a typo I didn't. You on the other hand typed ' Either that or you're way more confused that i think (and this think should be thought if it is to follow than)." I read the bible it tells me about God, it tells me there is a God. You do not find that as sufficient proof. I know about historians citing Christ as a real person. You accepted neither as proof, I on the same side of the coin will accept neither as proof that you were born of that lineage of grandfather or other past relative. Then you go to say 'What if I killed you? You would go to heaven cause there isn't a god." Either you mis-typed or you are way more confused than i thought.
I think you knew what I meant...I on the other hand didn't know what the fuck you were talking about. You're just being a smart ass and pointing out grammatical errors in my fuckin typing dog. I asked you a simple question, not pointing out how many 1st grader mistakes you make in your posts.

MEXICANCOMMANDO said:
Ego as in freudian thought or ego as in the latin(?) word meaning 'self?'. About the proof being a bitch, it is. You have yet to prove to me that you ever had a great great.....grandfather.
Do you have a great great ......... grandfather? How do you prove it? NOT GOD!

MEXICANCOMMANDO said:
1) Common sense differs upon which culture you are speaking of. What one culture or even person generalizes as 'common sense' cannot feasibly be expected to be accepted or embraced by another. Ethical reasoning falls under the same problem, we all dont share ethics. 20-sixx believes it is not ethically right to deprive women of the choice to have an abortion, I think it is not ethically right to kill/get rid of a 'clump of unwanted, undeveloped' cells.
2) I understood perfectly. There is another of your assumptions. Your definiton of good is not anothers.
3) Wishing in itself is a reason. Lack of a reason is also in every sense of the word a reason. Such as the question, "what are you doing." If you say nothing and are trulyy doing something then you are doing something because nothing is a state, and although it is the lack of somethingness, something envelopes everything even nothingness as nothingness is a something.
3a) I never said that every person that believes in God doesnt do it because of the reason you stated, in fact I added a maybe as in a possibility one of many.
There is a basic standard of ethics, if ya dont' know, read up, want me to post a link or something?

Well my definition should be what others think, this place would be a lot better if it was...:)

Lack of reason is also in ever sense of the word a reason? So you're saying that "no reason" is reason right? So, no god is god? I'm confused.

MEXICANCOMMANDO said:
1)Yes if you worship your toilet it does make it a god because you would believe it to be a god.
2) I know that it doesnt make it a or the God. I even said that twice ( i believe prior to this responce)
3) You're welcome. I would have a nice day, but I still have some shit to do. :cry:
1. So if I believe a pickle to be god, then it's god? That seems pretty silly dude.
2. So how are you proving an existance of god then? Or are you not trying to prove that to anyone here? Have you ever thought about what it would be like if there wasn't a god? If you look around the world and look at shit, it looks like your god hasn't been around this galaxy for a long fucking time.

*to anyone* If you don't go by the book, don't bring it up as reference then either...If you're not following your religion to a T, then don't try to prove it to someone else...Cause you obviously don't respect it enough to even follow it yourself.....YOU'RE GOING TO HELL!

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
MEXICANCOMMANDO said:
How is it either? I know this wasnt directed to me but I am curious.

I guess it all boils down to what proves something to me versus what proves something to the next person. I'm not saying you can't believe in god, I just personally thing it's ridiculous...Just as you think my belief is wrong. And if you don't think its "wrong" then you ain't thumpin the bible enough....i'm sure you're god wouldn't like the idea that you even considered him, it, whatever to be non-existant....

If my rational is illogical to you, that's fine. Cause yours is illogical to me....I guess that's what I meant by it...I just wanted to throw in the retarded part because of how I feel about the belief in god...That was a cheap shot I guess....sorry about that.

Feb 9, 2003
Sixxness said:
I think you knew what I meant...I on the other hand didn't know what the fuck you were talking about. You're just being a smart ass and pointing out grammatical errors in my fuckin typing dog. I asked you a simple question, not pointing out how many 1st grader mistakes you make in your posts.
So instead of telling (again, as I didn't catch what part you truly didn't understand, as i find no problem with my first line) me what you didn't understand you come back and take shots at my character by telling me I am a smart ass.
Sixxness said:
Do you have a great great ......... grandfather? How do you prove it? NOT GOD!
how could I prove it? NOT SCIENCE!
Sixxness said:
There is a basic standard of ethics, if ya dont' know, read up, want me to post a link or something?
That is no such thing. I don't care what any one tells you. No people hold the same standards. Some are into things like rape, incest, cannibalism, murder, etc. others are not.
Sixxness said:
Well my definition should be what others think, this place would be a lot better if it was...:)
maybe but we can't be sure until science comes up with a 'what if machine.'
Sixxness said:
Lack of reason is also in ever sense of the word a reason? So you're saying that "no reason" is reason right? So, no god is god? I'm confused.
If I have 'no reason' to watch TV that is my 'reason' for not watching it. The rest I did not say.
Sixxness said:
1. So if I believe a pickle to be god, then it's god? That seems pretty silly dude.
I never said that. If you believe the pickle to be god then the pickle is a god; your god. That does not necessarily make him god or a divine super natural entity, this seems to be the 4th time I repeat myself.
Sixxness said:
2. So how are you proving an existance of god then? Or are you not trying to prove that to anyone here? Have you ever thought about what it would be like if there wasn't a god? If you look around the world and look at shit, it looks like your god hasn't been around this galaxy for a long fucking time.
1)I'm not proving the existance of God. Like I have previously said, this being the fifth time now, that if you worship a pickle, toilet, cat as a god then that being/item is a god because it would be your god. That does not make it THE god or a super natural entity.
2) If I look around at shit it looks like my god's creations have been here as long as time itself. And since he created these creations then he has been here long enough to create them.
Sixxness said:
*to anyone* If you don't go by the book, don't bring it up as reference then either...If you're not following your religion to a T, then don't try to prove it to someone else...Cause you obviously don't respect it enough to even follow it yourself.....YOU'RE GOING TO HELL!
Just like an atheist to tell a Christian (follower of the way) that if we don't follow the bible to a T then not to bring it up. I think that 'argument' is weak as no where in the bible does it expect one to be perfect, not even Jesus believed humanity to be perfect, hence his sacrifice. Secondly you cannot condem any one to hell, being an atheist you don't believe in this 'imaginary' place of torment. Thus it makes no sense to bring it up, and if you brought it up then that makes you just as bad as all us hell-bent Christians.

Feb 9, 2003
Sixxness said:
I guess it all boils down to what proves something to me versus what proves something to the next person. I'm not saying you can't believe in god, I just personally thing it's ridiculous...Just as you think my belief is wrong. And if you don't think its "wrong" then you ain't thumpin the bible enough....i'm sure you're god wouldn't like the idea that you even considered him, it, whatever to be non-existant....
1)I agree with your first point.
2)I agree that I think your belief is wrong but not ridiculous.
3)I agree that your belief is 'wrong' as in incorrect, not morally depraved. Christianity is a religion of acceptance. Jesus never forced any one to become a convert. It is your choice not his to make. If you think otherwise then obviously you need to learn a bit more about the bible before you make assumptions (not that you necessarily did).

shep

Sicc OG
Oct 2, 2002
Contagious Locc said:
I'm not backing away from anything, I'm standing firm homie don't get it twisted. why don't you read it for yourself and let me know your interpretation. if something not easy to understand you study to try to understand. it's as simple as that dogg, i said that before whats so hard to understand about that?
the whole point is, if it was written by god, it should NOT be open to interpretation

Feb 9, 2003
shep said:
the whole point is, if it was written by god, it should NOT be open to interpretation
what was written by god? the bible? :confused:
shep said:
to all the religious

who/what is god? (2-0, i think you know where i'm going with this one)
"I Am", "I Am who I Am", "I Am that I Am".