Strange Music has failed.....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
It's cool I respect ppl thinking differently than me. Word on Tha Streets overall sound appeals more to me. I like the overall vibe, the beats, and the quality of music just seems better to me.
agreed..

the production didn't sound as similar to one another as most of Urban Legendz along with the quality of music though Pacman & Block Party are still some of the dopest non-tech tracks

I get what you mean, I guess Urban Legendz kind of has that nostalgic feel to it for me, around the time I got the album alotta good shit was going for me, I kind of have that same feeling with B.L.E.V.E. It was just a certain vibe that was going on with the songs, it's kind of noticeable in "In My Head" too, I wonder if it isn't just me...
it ain't just you..

that same nostalgic feeling applies to me with a lot of the older material.. Everready and CBTS being the main

Mar 20, 2006
Poor promotion. Repetative touring with the same acts (KMK & Hed PE which are even more repetative than tech n9ne shows). No videos on MTV. No promotion on the streets. (I've yet to get any skatter and snug promo materials in the mail and the album has been out for a while now).

IT IS 100% CLEAR THAT GOOD MARKETING IS NOT TAKING PLACE.

I have been listening to tech n9ne since 2001. And NOTHING has changed. Tech still makes dope music. He still puts on a good show. He has good artists on his label. But....

I don't know about you all. I'm sick of reading about how tech is gonna blow up and be the next big act to bring rap back, let alone put KC on the map, and SHIT IS JUST NOT HAPPENING.

It's gotta be even more irritating being from KC and seeing this shit NOT happening in front of your eyes.

If I was Skatterman and Snug, I would be pissed. Didnt they try to leave strange a while back because of bullshit like this.

From the outside looking in. It seems like promises have been made to these supporting artists like s&s and kutt. Yet nothing special happened this year. Other than a few album releases and a few magazine articles, tech is still the same, struggling, underground rapper he always has been. Struggling in the sense of what he COULD be. He has money yes. But this man could be way richer.

I love your music tech, but when the fuck are you gonna suck it up and get on a label that will market and distribute your shit right? You can't have so many demands with rights. You gotta put your ass on the line if you wanna cross it. I'm no lawyer but it seems like strange music is pretty greedy. Not wanting to give a cut to a bigger label in order to make more. If your not willing to lose what you stake, than you don't deserve a chance at the prize pool.

Fans shouldnt have to let you guys know directly that a store isnt carrying any of your cd's. You should have a marketing company that makes sure your cd is on every shelf of every cd store in the world.

I'll always listen to tech n9ne music. But the novelty of thinking that more people out there will get to here such dope rap music, well it's just never gonna happen it seems.

I wish tech all the success in the world. But it's starting to feel like the movement is over.

My friends dont ask me if theres any new tech out or shit like that anymore. I tell people that techs coming to concert and everyones like "ahh i been to a few and theyre all the same". It's like people are losing interest.

Thats all thats on my mind for now.
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but i had to say something... how do all your feet taste?

d2v

Sicc OG
Sep 18, 2006
I think it has gotten much better. They are putting out videos before albums come out and working with more well known artist

Oct 17, 2003
i havn't seen a tech n9ne show flyer for ages.

shit back when Chris & I were doing the promo was the only time i saw shit anywhere....

well at hot topic the other day i found 2 of the new samplers but my guess is someone had extra from a show or order they made and just wanted to get rid of them.

May 20, 2006
as far as i'm concerned... Tech is and has been the hardest rapper out there for a long time now... i'm gonna buy and listen to his shit regardless, as long as he's still comin hard... i'd like to see him blow up and take over the game and open MTV and BET's eyes to what real rap is, but i'm not gonna sit and complain about the decision making going on at Strange... thats their label and they have the right to make whatever decisions they want... no i don't see any promo out, and no i can't find any S & S or Kutt albums in stores around here... but i can still find them on the net, so its not like i don't have any access to the music... Tech is a grown ass man and he doesn't need me telling him on a forum what kind of business decisions he needs to make... as a fan i just listen to and appreciate the music that Strange does give us... its not my job to worry about whats going on in Travis' office... thats their label that they built from the ground up... not to knock anyone elses opinion, because we are all entitled to one, i'm just stating how i feel...
Great Post...... all these "EXPERTS" and "Critics" should start their own music label and see how "Easy" it is to be as successful as T9 and Strange Music

May 20, 2006
Strange Music is far from a failed venture .............. SM started from the bottom and is now at the top of the independent music biz ....... Most of the you complaining in this thread wouldn't even know who T9 is, if it wasn't for SM.... T9 was making great music before Strange, so the fans should be thankful that TOG helped spread the T9 sound, so that a wider audience could appreciate his talent.........

Jul 1, 2004
Strange Music is far from a failed venture .............. SM started from the bottom and is now at the top of the independent music biz ....... Most of the you complaining in this thread wouldn't even know who T9 is, if it wasn't for SM.... T9 was making great music before Strange, so the fans should be thankful that TOG helped spread the T9 sound, so that a wider audience could appreciate his talent.........
I completely agree. Great post.

So dudes sayin the 2 million dollar office is a fail? With the Maybach and a Bentley parked inside?

smh

Sep 19, 2008
www.youtube.com
We had a thread about this recently and i totally agree with ya. but one point you made that i liked and agreed with. People are losing intrest in Tech. They're tired of waitin around.
I completely agree, great post

So dudes sayin the 2 million dollar office is a fail? With the Maybach and a Bentley parked inside?

smh
WTF

Oct 25, 2006
I was agreeing with the touring. But since then I now understand why they continue to tour with the same people.

EDIT- At that point in time I wasnt too pleased with what strange was doing. Now I've set back and noticed, they're obviously doin things right, and it doesnt matter what I think, so...
But it DOES matter what you think!! Don't fall back on us now!

Nov 14, 2002
Az has been around for a minute and dude is official... Dude was knockin Tech when some of you were still in elementary school.

And you're right Az, the "movement" was over in like... 03-04, if that.

Join that movement homie, spread that virus.. lol.