Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 7, 2003
I wouldnt mind Trent Williams and Mike Iupati both with our first picks. We have a savage ass line with Staley, Iupati, whoever our center is, Rachel, Trent Williams.

Our whole team will be better with them. Running backs as you seen you can find deep in the draft like anyone else. But great lineman you usually find in the first round with the rare expectations

Dec 12, 2006
There is no chance in hell we get Berry, which sucks, Ive seen alot of mock drafts that say we take a Tackle at 13 Taylor Mays at 17, I dunno about that Taylor Mays pick tho, I keep on hearing he lacks the recognition skills to play in the NFL and with already one young ass safety back there I dunno if thats the right direction, then again, recognition or not, his speed and hitting abillity make our D better or just more aggressive instantly

Oct 23, 2009
Yeah, I'm not too sure about his tackling skills and the fact that he isn't a ball hawk. Singletary seemed to like him at the combine and raved about his skills, so who knows if he saw something they could use. One thing is that the FS and SS spots in our 3-4 are interchangeable.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004

Earl Thomas is a ball hawk, with great recognition and great instincts. he's a great cover safety and he has great speed. he has receiver like hands as u can see by all these interceptions, some tough plays to make for secondary players, and once he gets the ball he returns it like a special teams returner.

his weakness is size/strength, thats the only thing holding this kid back from being a top 10 pick in the draft.

i think he could play real well with goldson and that he will gain strength in the nfl. he is the same weight as eric berry, just 1 inch shorter.

Earl Thomas is also a redshirt sophomore, he has less experience than the other guys... if he stays in school he would become 1 of the best NCAA safeties ever. with that less experience, he has more potential to keep growing.

Taylor Mays is a senior, thats a big difference in football experience. and yet he still struggles with awareness/recognition and taking poor lines to the ball/player.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
DaShon Goldson retweeted a tweet i sent at him today

RT @BaySickBrian: #FollowFriday THE RED n GOLD BALLHAWK THAT LAYS HATS ERRY SUNDAY @thehawk38

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
Hill traded for a 7th to the Lions and Carr signed. Lions just got a good back up.

@T-Rip an Al Davis move would have been trading P. Willis for a 7th rounder. Or Signing Hill to a 7 year contract worth $96 million.

Jan 18, 2006
To me he fit in well with the niners offense and should have been worth more then that to the niners. He had 1 bad game against the colts and it was off his head. Sure he had other mediocre games and wasn't the big play qb but he managed the game well and kept the team in it

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
^^Your talking about the Texans game he didn't play the Colts, and he stunk it up in Atlanta before that. The team just felt he didn't have the abilities that they wanted. Hill would thrive in a WCO based offense. He has a lot of heart tho and I hope he does good with the Lions.