Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
False start on Fargas
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/03/false-start-on.html

Former Raiders running back does not have a visit planned with the 49ers, according to two people who would know. The Chron's David White reported yesterday that Fargas has a visit lined up with the Chiefs and that his agent has been in contact with other teams, including the 49ers. Since then, that report has been changed by other outlets to say that Fargas is visiting the 49ers. That's not the case at this point.

Oct 23, 2009
Doesn't Gaither have some back issues?
yeah i forgot he left a game on a stretcher last year... but i dont think front office would make the move if he had any issues... so i hope anyway
You would think they wouldn't do something stupid like that but then again they did sign Marvel Smith last year and he ended up retiring due to the same back issues that lead the Steelers to release him.

Oct 23, 2009
^ Yeah plus the fact that he has a learning disability. If Nate really is someone who can turn into a great QB, they should take their time with him. The Niners rushed Alex Smith into the starting spot too early even after Urban Meyer warned that Alex would not function until he learned the system. Give him time, he's only 22.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
^ Yeah plus the fact that he has a learning disability. If Nate really is someone who can turn into a great QB, they should take their time with him. The Niners rushed Alex Smith into the starting spot too early even after Urban Meyer warned that Alex would not function until he learned the system. Give him time, he's only 22.
agree with everything but the learnign disability, it didnt seem to affect him in pre season.. I know it was only pre season but hey untill he has a go as a starter in the regular season its not fair to make a judgement liek that.

Dec 29, 2008
i think davis won't get a chance because the 9ers seem to be going with Smith win or lose. i kinda think we woulda had a better record last year if they kept Hill in. Hill managed the games way better than Smith and made better decisions.

I still like Smith's progress tho. Also, the Niners are too worried about Smith's feelings. They won't take him out when he's fucking up because his ego would get too bruised. Shit i thought the 9ers shoulda used Hill and Smith last year throughout the season. Fuck their egos.

But now that they are bringing in Carr i have a feeling he's gonna be second string and Davis third string.

I have a friend who would talk about how good Davis would be all season. And i'd just tell him Davis probably won't even get any playing time as a niner.

Apr 25, 2002
Where did this idea come that Nate Davis was going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread come from anyways? I like him and want him to succeed but he hasn't dont anything yet to have people talking about him taking over the franchise. Has he done something I don't know about?

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
^ Yeah plus the fact that he has a learning disability.

its not a learning disability, its a reading disability. instead of showing him text versions of plays they show him visual plays with pictures. its not a big deal with that.

just clearing that up since some people say ignorant shit like hes part retarded.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Where did this idea come that Nate Davis was going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread come from anyways? I like him and want him to succeed but he hasn't dont anything yet to have people talking about him taking over the franchise. Has he done something I don't know about?
Preseason showed his natural ability as a QB. He looks to have more ability than Smith.

Oct 23, 2009
i think davis won't get a chance because the 9ers seem to be going with Smith win or lose. i kinda think we woulda had a better record last year if they kept Hill in. Hill managed the games way better than Smith and made better decisions.

I still like Smith's progress tho. Also, the Niners are too worried about Smith's feelings. They won't take him out when he's fucking up because his ego would get too bruised. Shit i thought the 9ers shoulda used Hill and Smith last year throughout the season. Fuck their egos.

But now that they are bringing in Carr i have a feeling he's gonna be second string and Davis third string.

I have a friend who would talk about how good Davis would be all season. And i'd just tell him Davis probably won't even get any playing time as a niner.
Hill was too predictable and has a noodle arm. That's the reason they pulled him in the middle of a game. Yes he's a good game manager but the Niners needed a spark in their offense when everyone figured out we were going to run up the gut on every first and second down. He was forced into 3rd and longs and didn't have the arm to put it downfield in tight coverages. I don't think Hill made better decisions, just played it safer which meant more 3 and outs.
You can't swap out QB's throughout the season and have them both be effective,its not like RB's...they need to get their timing down with WR's.