Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 7, 2003
only way the 49ers get berry is if they move up. someone in the top 3 is going to want him bad and arent going to be willing to trade him away.

and I can defiently live without spiller or even want him that much. especially in our first round picks. we need O-Line big time. thats what we should address first and foremost. how the hell is spiller or gore going to run behind that offense line again.

this is from mel kiper today what teams needs to do to get A+ draft grades. hers his take on the 49ers:

San Francisco 49ers
Top needs: RT, G, DE, S, CB
First round (13, 16): Trent Williams, Earl Thomas
Second-round options (49): G Mike Iupati, DE Corey Wooton, S Morgan Burnett, CB Kyle Wilson
Third-round options (79): G Jon Asamoah, CB Syd'Quan Thompson, S Major Wright, DE Hall Davis, DE D.J. Wilson, OLB Rico McCoy
Summary: Some people will consider taking a RT at No. 13 a bit of a leap in terms of value, but Williams is an outstanding player that can strengthen you immediately. If the 49ers go with a guard, Iupati is a fantastic one, and the offensive line gets a lot better overnight. Thomas, as I said in the mock, covers a ton of ground and can help immediately. From there the Niners could try to get good value elsewhere in the secondary or look for a DE or even a pass-rushing OLB. I can also see San Francisco taking a later-rounds shot on a QB, but this team needs to focus on more glaring needs early on.

those picks at 13 and 16 are on his mock and thats who he expects us to take. and for rounds 2 and 3 thats who he has will be available when we pick in that round and who we should be picking from in term of players.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
new o-line coach, thats how. (in theory anyway)

but a good example is lane kiffin with the raiders, they had a worse line then we do but were top 3 in rushing each year he coached. and teams knew they were going to rush it non stop but they still avg'd 5 yards per carry.

we could also get someone later, or possible free agent. i dont like high o-line picks, i want playmakers.

another problem with our lack of run success was playcalling, raye called terrible plays and every run was blatantly obvious. the other team always knew when we were going to run. we also didnt use a variety of runs. it was rare to see any kind of toss or outside the tackle run.

just saying tho. look at cj spiller go!

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
any player on a highlight mix looks good. even that 7 foot stiff you like for the warriors

ur reading comprehension is hilarious.

1a. i never said i liked him
1b. or anything about him for the warriors

2. i did say u forgot him from ur list of propsects and not to sleep on him

3. i did say i liked the kid from wake forest for the dubs, Al-Farouq Aminu

4. i also said its a weak draft. we will be lucky to get anyone that can keep a career in the nba

5. cj spiller will be a playmaker in the nfl, obviously u didnt watch the video to say something as ignorant as any highlight mix looks good. not any highlight mix has abilities such as his, he made some crazy plays this year.

6. ur my number 1 fan that follows my posts and argues with them, without comprehending the complete thought of the post.

7. u wont read or fully comprehend this post either and will respond with more ignorance.

Oct 23, 2009
Another OL Coach

I like this guy (Ray Brown) he was a beast when he used to play for the Niners in the late 90's/early 2000's and shit he still looks like he could pad up. Between him and Solaris there should be enough good coaching....maybe now Chilo Rachal will take the "poor man's Larry Allen" nametag off and start trucking fools.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/01/source-49ers-hire-former-player-brown-to-assist-o-line.html

Ray Brown, who spent six seasons with the 49ers and earned a trip to the 2001 Pro Bowl as an offensive guard, has been hired as the team's assistant line coach, according to a source at the Senior Bowl.

Brown was one of the team's best free-agent signings, as he came to the 49ers in 1996 after playing three seasons with the St. Louis Cardinals and seven years with the Washington Redskins. After leaving the 49ers following the 2001 season, Brown finished his career with two seasons with the Lions and two with the Redskins.

Brown, 47, will assist new 49ers line coach Mike Solari, who was hired last week after coach Mike Singletary gave Chris Foerster permission to leave the team to accept a job with the Washington Redskins to be closer to his family. Solari was assistant offensive line coach with the 49ers for one season with Brown on the team.

Legendary offensive line coach Bobb McKittrick coached Brown for four seasons and raved about his professionalism, class and playing ability.

After Brown's 20-year career concluded, he spent the second half of the 2006 season as a special assistant with the Redskins, working with the team's offensive linemen. In 2008, he joined the Buffalo Bills' staff as an assistant offensive line coach. On Jan. 4, Brown and all of the Bills assistant coaches were released from their contracts to seek employment as the organization began its coaching search.

Brown interviewed with Singletary at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., last night.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
Spiller looks like he gets to top speed really fast.
and he has crazy moves, both finesse and power

watch that gang tackle he breaks out of, beastmode. then runs 60 yards for the td without a shoe, he looks faster without 1 shoe than anybody we have on the niners.

not much room on the sideline but spiller breaks 2 different guys ankles bad and flys down the sideline for a td

the more i see, the more i like. these were just a couple of his great highlights, he has many more including many return tds where he runs a perfect line to slice thru the de and break to the house.

he could be a great great return man for us, help spell gore, and also play some wideout as needed. he will be a playmaker in the nfl for whoever drafts him.

some people might not think we need him, but what if gore gets hurt?

why not get another playmaking running back to help relieve alex?

the contrast of gore and spiller could be one of the best running back tandems in the nfl.

Aug 7, 2003
a steal is crabtree falling to pick 10 when some scouts had him rated as #2 or 3 best prospects on their draft board. 49ers picking spiller at #13, which is where he is slotted 10-16, is not a steal. now if he was there on a 2nd first round pick then maybe hes a steal but not at 13.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
why the pro bowl is gay as fuck

Patrick Willis has bowed out of the Pro Bowl with a "slight" right knee injury.
Per beat writer Matt Barrows, Willis is dealing with swelling from bursitis. The Niners insist he would be "good to go" if it was a regular season game. Panthers LB Jon Beason, who should have been invited all along, is taking his place.

edit:
Matt Barrows on twitter

Willis has bursitis -- swelling -- on his right knee. Quote from team spokesman: "If this was the regular season, he'd be good to go."

u knew this was gonna happen. jon beason is sick though.

Oct 23, 2009
why the pro bowl is gay as fuck

Patrick Willis has bowed out of the Pro Bowl with a "slight" right knee injury.
Per beat writer Matt Barrows, Willis is dealing with swelling from bursitis. The Niners insist he would be "good to go" if it was a regular season game. Panthers LB Jon Beason, who should have been invited all along, is taking his place.

edit:
Matt Barrows on twitter

Willis has bursitis -- swelling -- on his right knee. Quote from team spokesman: "If this was the regular season, he'd be good to go."

u knew this was gonna happen. jon beason is sick though.
Agreed. The Pro Bowl is a joke, players don't really go all out and you can't really blame them for it. Why risk a bad injury for a game that don't count for shit?