Miguel Cotto vs Antonio Margarito set for July 26th

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who wins?

• Total voters
Apr 20, 2003
I agree, 100%.

I'd rather see this rematch than any other fight, though. Even a rematch with Williams. I think Margarito would probably kill him in a rematch. LOL
Not that De La Hoya isn't a worthy opponent, but Frijoles didn't want to give Margarito a shot at the title back in the day.... Now that Margarito has it, he's calling him out like a true champ is! I still believe Cotto deserves a rematch in my book. Cotto gave him a shot, so now its Margarito's chance to return the favor.....

Jul 24, 2005
Paul Williams! He's a good fighter BUT now Margarito has the title.... He's gonna have to go to battle with him to take it away.
mane if the rematch goes down I will go with Paul Williams I think williams came into his own after the quantina fight & williams did out work Margarito in the first fight

Apr 20, 2003
mane if the rematch goes down I will go with Paul Williams I think williams came into his own after the quantina fight & williams did out work Margarito in the first fight
Yea I understand but Cotto was a hell of a fighter..... I'd take Cotto over Williams anytime, and Margarito picked him apart this evening! Whoever Margarito fights whether its Williams or Cotto will be a match well deserved. I'd go Cotto first since he gve him a shot, then Williams, and if he gets thru both then Frijoles De La Hoya......

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Paul Williams! He's a good fighter BUT now Margarito has the title.... He's gonna have to go to battle with him to take it away.
Ohhhh...I thought you meant Williams had to earn the right to even fight Margarito; I think he's done that.

@ heyzel: I think Margarito will come into this fight (with Williams) with his head firmly out of his ass, and beat Williams.

Jan 18, 2006
i think the size made the difference cuz cottos punches were not hurting Margarito even though Cotto kept getting the advantage in a lot of the exchanges. I dont know if Cotto is small for the weight class or the other way around but when theres this big of a size diffence they need to determine better whos in what weight class

Apr 20, 2003
Frijoles fought Chavez, Whitaker, Hopkins, Sturm(which isn't known too much in the US), Gatti, Mosely(prime), Trinidad, Camacho........ AND those guys weren't chumps IMO!

Sep 3, 2002
As a HUGE Cotto fan, this shit hurts, Cotto is definitely ballsy for taking this fight and withstanding SOME of that beat down.

Nevertheless his game plan didn't hold up, he sidestepped into a right hand that took him out of the fight, and mentally he was defeated. It was like watching a rat trying to escape, and looking for a place to hide in a locked room.

Margarito is undisputed Welterweight Champ.

....and the welterweight division is in a recession.

Apr 20, 2003
^^^^ I respect Cotto for giving him a fight for a championship, thats why I think/believe Cotto deserves a rematch! Not only cuz Cotto gave him the chance for a championship while others didn't, but because the game of BOXING deserves it......

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
As a HUGE Cotto fan, this shit hurts, Cotto is definitely ballsy for taking this fight and withstanding SOME of that beat down.

Nevertheless his game plan didn't hold up, he sidestepped into a right hand that took him out of the fight, and mentally he was defeated. It was like watching a rat trying to escape, and looking for a place to hide in a locked room.

Margarito is undisputed Welterweight Champ.

....and the welterweight division is in a recession.
I agree with everything but the last part. A recession? The ''P4P BEST", the "UNDEFEATED, UNDISPUTED" champ...just lost. Got beat up. Period.

I think the fun is just starting.

Bring on the rematch.

Jul 24, 2005
Ohhhh...I thought you meant Williams had to earn the right to even fight Margarito; I think he's done that.

@ heyzel: I think Margarito will come into this fight (with Williams) with his head firmly out of his ass, and beat Williams.
I hope we will see the rematch but I think williams is done @ 147 just last week he was trying to get a fight with kelly pavlik @ 160 but who knows It would be a good fight it the money is right we will see this fight

May 6, 2002
I gave props to Cotto from the start for taking this fight. He didn't have to. But with as much as they built it up, everyone would know he ducked him.

I've been to a ton of fights in my life, but that was the BEST fight I have ever been to. Had a really good trip. Relaxed, went to the weigh ins, gym, pool, watched Phatom (really wasnt that bad) and the fight was seriosuly good. Cotto backed up the entire time. In person, Margarito was beating his ass. When I talked to my friend after round 8 and he said Lederman had it tied I knew it was bullshit. Even the Cotto fans next to me knew it. They admitted themselves, hey...Cotto is losing but if Margarito doesnt get a knock out it is going to be a draw or Cotto is going to get the judges nod. Margaritos camp probably knew that as well.

All in one, bad ass fight, a break for me...well deserved.

Oh ya, I broke up with that chick here too, I knew I would though. Damn, last 3 times Ive been to Vegas in a relationship I have broken up with the girl I'm with. So the next girlfriend I come out here with, if Im still with her, shes probably a keeper :)

Sorry to blab about personal life in the boxing thread.

I have to catch the replay next week (I hope they replay it).

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGAAAAAAAAAARITOOOOOOOOOO!

FUCK PUEEEEEEERTO RICOOOOOOO!

LOL!

GREAT WIN FOR MARGARITO! FUCK COTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOO!
Yes, enjoy it while you can mexicans..........Im half puerto rican and watched the fight at my boys house (all mexicans).....His mom announced i was half puerto rican before the fight and they were all over me........Would one of your boxers please, i mean please beat paquio.....My wife is phillipino, and when he fights the whole phillipines comes to the house.....Margarito is a beast he kept coming and coming until he put my boy to one knee TWICE......That was heart right there.....Paul Williams got margarito in the first fight, but margarito figured williams out twords the end of that fight.....Rematch or williams either way it will be good