hyphy muzik_vs_oldschool mob shit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 15, 2006
DFresh77 said:
umm

sorry ..but those 120 murders in oakland ain't cuz of "HYPHY" music you dumb fuck...

you sure you from the town? i bet you from Rockridge or Piedmont bangin' the town...
who said anything about music ?????????? im talking about "HYPHY" not "hyphy music" you did you even read my posts ? where you from anyway ?

Dec 4, 2006
you stupid mothafucka... out of those 120 murders i attended around 6 of them and trust me..they weren't because mothafuckas were getting "HYPHY" ..you're an IDIOT ....fuck off and stop talking shit u don't know about..

Jan 15, 2006
DFresh77 said:
you stupid mothafucka... out of those 120 murders i attended around 6 of them and trust me..they weren't because mothafuckas were getting "HYPHY" ..you're an IDIOT ....fuck off and stop talking shit u don't know about..
You know what man you right.. what do i know i only lived in oakland for 20 years somebody from the valley has to know oakland much better then me.. like i said kid you dont even know what hyphy is so how can you really comment on something when your perception of it is all fucked up..

Nobody said people get killed becuz niggaz was gettin hyphy niggaz is hyphy offtop just like niggaz in la say they active or banged out thats their mentality its just a word for our swagger and the mentality.. but i dont expect you to know understand or know anything about it.

And not everybody in the town consider themselves to be hyphy.. most of the older niggaz came up different and seperate theirselves from the new generations as far as the mentality

Dec 4, 2006
and I ain't from the valley potna...but i for sure been out tha way plenty of times...i have family in the Mo Town, Stocktone, Tracy and lil towns around there...i know how they roll & get down out there...

and I'm from the east bay concord, i got fam that lives in the 20's, 30's and 50's ...you been living there for 20 years and you don't really know what the murders were about ... Turf check yoself potna...

Jan 15, 2006
DFresh77 said:
and I ain't from the valley potna...but i for sure been out tha way plenty of times...i have family in the Mo Town, Stocktone, Tracy and lil towns around there...i know how they roll & get down out there...

and I'm from the east bay concord, i got fam that lives in the 20's, 30's and 50's ...you been living there for 20 years and you don't really know what the murders were about ... Turf check yoself potna...
Man im really tired of breaking it down for real you a stubborn muthafucka lol.. I put it like this when somebody go down to LA and see how niggaz get down they be like damn them niggaz is "banged out".. in oakland he gone be like them them niggaz hyphy as hell or when some fight break down niggaz be saying niggaz was gettin hyphy.. I know what you gettin at tho you thinking people get murdered over money or over a bitch or over drugs or on some retaliation shit.. yeah nigga im not stupid.. im just saying hyphy is not music cuz its just a word that was made up to describe something thats already been there.. if you really got fam all troughout east oakland its nothing you should already know what im trying to say.. Its like this when somebody say all them niggaz get killed in LA cuz they too goddamn banged out that dont mean every single murder is on some gangbangin shit but thats just describin the mentality it take a banged out nigga to pull that trigga it take a hyphy ass nigga to pull that trigga out here. thats how most of us talk and describe that oakland crackbaby high energy swag..the way we talk act dress is not neccesarily all lumped up as HYPHY its just one of the million words we use here

If you still dont understand what i mean after this then i dont really know what else i can say. Ill say it again not every single person in oakland considers themselve to be hyphy cuz its niggaz that came up in different eras and shit but the majority is. No offense but you cant tell me nothing about the town tho fuck all that dumb shit talking about killings and shit ive been to 4 funerals this year alone and aint nothing funny about it but i need to be turfchecked ? cuzz please haha.. im from sobrante but i got fam all trough the town and be all troughout the town allday

Aug 19, 2006
WOW CALM DOWN THE TITLE TO THIS THREAD IS HYPHY MUZIK VS OLD SCHOOL MOB SHIT JUST A DISCUSSION OF MUZIK OPINIONS THAT'S ALL

Mar 17, 2006
Mob shit was good for it's time. It kind of played out. I didn't think E'40s last few albums before 'report card' were that good. Sounded like he was just trying to do the same thing he was doing in the '90s. But, he reinvented himself with the hyphy sound. Kind of like how Dre reinvented himself in '99 with the party g-funk, and Eminem, as opposed to the gangsta shit from Chronic 1. The genius reinvent themselves with what's in the air at the time.

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
StillNo said:
Mob shit was good for it's time. It kind of played out. I didn't think E'40s last few albums before 'report card' were that good. Sounded like he was just trying to do the same thing he was doing in the '90s. But, he reinvented himself with the hyphy sound. Kind of like how Dre reinvented himself in '99 with the party g-funk, and Eminem, as opposed to the gangsta shit from Chronic 1. The genius reinvent themselves with what's in the air at the time.
you can reinvent a new genre for all i care, but the shit is still wack

Aug 19, 2006
YEA I AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT. IT'S CALLED SWITCHIN UP AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED. THAT IS WHAT I LIKE ABOUT WOODIE AND ECCR THEY KEEP IT STRAIT THEY ADAPT AND GROW IN THERE RAP BUT THEYDO NOT REINVENT THEMSELVES DR. DRE IS A FUCKIN FAG.MAN I AM ROOTIN FOR THE UNDERDOGZ.

Apr 27, 2004
ParkBoyz said:
You a ignorant ass fool! I swear to God motha fuckas try and discredit black people for everything, that shit is sad. Siccness is full of the most ignorant and closed minded people I've ever encountered, and I'm glad ain't none of you niggas walkin the streets talkin like that.. How the fuck did this shit become a race thing anyways? Hyphy started in Oakland, East Oakland to be exact where you find Mexicans and Blacks in the same neighborhoods doing the same shit, they are American! They don't need to act like nothing but town niggas! Town culture, town bizness!...

And first of all, the rhythmic percussion traditions of the drums are rooted directly to Africa! This is well documented in their customs and can be seen up to this day.. This lasted in the traditions of Jamaica where Reggae was invented, blending those elements with Caribbean music, using rhythmic guitars and back beats. The father of hip hop was a Jamaican named DJ Kool Herc..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kool_Herc
He moved to New York first to DJ over dubbed reggae records, reciting rhymes over dubbed reggae tracks. New Yorkers weren't feeling reggae at that time so he switched his style up, rhyming over percussion sections of popular songs at the time, mixing the tracks in order for them to be on constant repeat, giving birth to rapping and DJing at the same time! Of course it evolved later into a culture as everyone became involved with the new craze, rhymes became more complex, people began dancing to the rhythm, inventing pop-locking and breaking, graffiti became a form of expression in hip hop giving birth to all of the elements.
History Of Hip Hop
http://www.daveyd.com/raptitle.html

Need more proof? Then travel back in time nigga... Next you gonna say George Washington wasn't the first president, and Martin Luther King was white. Fuck outta here, ain't nobody gotta prove shit to you, if you want to remain ignorant that's your prerogative, just don't try and feed everybody else your bullshit because most of us know the truth and a few ignorant people on the siccness ain't gonna have enough power to re write history so it's whatever. Ya'll on here talkin out of your asses, why? I don't even know.. Keep that racism shit out of Northern California discussions though, we don't get down like that and this type of shit shouldn't even matter.
Black people did not invent rap. Thanks for not arguing that. Hip hop is a sham. Most people involved with 1 of the so-called 4 elements have nothing to do with the other three elements. And do you really believe rhythmic percussion is unique to Africa?

Also, look up the word racism. I never once implied that any race had superiority, and I never discriminated. And you throw around the word "ignorant"... haha

Aug 19, 2006
thumper said:
Black people did not invent rap. Thanks for not arguing that. Hip hop is a sham. Most people involved with 1 of the so-called 4 elements have nothing to do with the other three elements. And do you really believe rhythmic percussion is unique to Africa?

Also, look up the word racism. I never once implied that any race had superiority, and I never discriminated. And you throw around the word "ignorant"... haha
NICE WAY TO PUT IT.

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
thumper said:

you just owned that other dude

Mar 17, 2006
Lu_ said:
you can reinvent a new genre for all i care, but the shit is still wack
I agree and disagree. I'm just not feelin the mob shit anymore. I was there in the early '90s, the first Click album, etc. And, I was tired of it by the late '90s. Same old sound, and it just sounded more desperate. But, I've noticed that some of the hyphy stuff that I like the most kind of has the mob influence to it, E.A. Ski, etc. So, in a way, hyphy is like a cousin of the mob shit. Sometimes that cousin gets out of control, but sometimes he shows his genius. And, whack or not, he's what's happening today. I'm old school, but you can't forget that the youth are here to replace the old. When I want to hear that mob shit at it's best, I've got my old Sic-wid-it cd's from 15 years ago.

Apr 27, 2004
well this guy wants to imply that i'm a racist because i'm pointing out the fact that blacks weren't the first people to rap.

he tries to prove me wrong by saying it was all invented by a jamaican dancehall dj in the late 70's. sorry but you're wrong. i named two corny ass white guys that were rapping and shouting out people in rhyme fashion over repetative music 30 or 40 years before this guy.

so what makes them different? what is the difference between what art carney and porky chedwick were doing and what kool herc was doing?