hyphy muzik_vs_oldschool mob shit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
StillNo said:
I agree and disagree. I'm just not feelin the mob shit anymore. I was there in the early '90s, the first Click album, etc. And, I was tired of it by the late '90s. Same old sound, and it just sounded more desperate. But, I've noticed that some of the hyphy stuff that I like the most kind of has the mob influence to it, E.A. Ski, etc. So, in a way, hyphy is like a cousin of the mob shit. Sometimes that cousin gets out of control, but sometimes he shows his genius. And, whack or not, he's what's happening today. I'm old school, but you can't forget that the youth are here to replace the old. When I want to hear that mob shit at it's best, I've got my old Sic-wid-it cd's from 15 years ago.
^^Now thats grown talk at its finest!

thumper said:
well this guy wants to imply that i'm a racist because i'm pointing out the fact that blacks weren't the first people to rap.

he tries to prove me wrong by saying it was all invented by a jamaican dancehall dj in the late 70's. sorry but you're wrong. i named two corny ass white guys that were rapping and shouting out people in rhyme fashion over repetative music 30 or 40 years before this guy.

so what makes them different? what is the difference between what art carney and porky chedwick were doing and what kool herc was doing?

^^He dont stop

Feb 3, 2006
BUT BACK ON THE SUBJECT..IT DEPENDZ I DONT LIKE ONE MORE THEN THE OTHER CUZ WEN U SMASHIN IN A SCRAPE WIT UR HOMIEZ THEY HYPHY SHIT COO BUT WEN U AINT FEELIN LIKE THAT THAT MOB SHIT JUS MAKEZ U NOD UR HEAD

Mar 5, 2006
def. old school mob shit.foo sho... never was into hyphy infact to me hyphy is garbage...sometimes in the right situation its aight to listen to sum hyphy but other then that fuck hyphy.

Nov 2, 2002
hyphy is cool sometimes, like as youre on the way to a party or something, to get you in the mood n shit.
That one young keylo son on the biznezz album is the ideal hyphy song, it also mixes in a little bit of gangsta into it

Mar 12, 2005
Or listen to Rose Town Ryda's Music, LOL just playing mayne. It's whatever to me now. Since tito B falls into the homeboy hyphy genre, if you're gonna hate listen to what's my name and judge him on the basis of that song. Foo can spit but sometimes his lyrics are typical and generic, nonetheless homie can rap.