don't place ur chips on E40

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
I dont know about that.. Mac Dre was here, he did good, but he didnt make us blow.. And shit, Mac Dre was here longer then most the other cats out there.. Mac Dre's coo' n all, but he aint gonna/wasnt gonna get any more popular then he already was, atleast thats how i see it..

Apr 1, 2005
im damn near positive he woulda blown the bay up, and here is why. e 40 is coo but he is past his prime, mac dre was getting doper, more hungry, and more populare than he ever was. Its only logical that he had what it took to blow us up.

Nov 27, 2005
i doubt e-40 and keak's new single will get airplay outside of the bay even though lil john produced the shit. the whole hyphy movement is not appealing to anyone outside of california, trust that. i've been to the south & east and have gotten opinions on this.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
no, you been on south or east forums.....

who cares if they dont feel us

"im jus doin what i do, bitch dont get mad cuz im not fuckin wit you, or fuckin wit you....damn sure i aint fuckin wit you!"

Nov 27, 2005
Goodfella said:
^^oh no? have you walked thru a mall in northern california lately? mac dre shirts EVERYWHERE...i had mine on and got so much more attention for it than i did a year ago...buncha fools making comments...it's to the point where i ain't gonna wear mine anymore
HE'S SAYING MAC DRE WASN'T GOING TO GET ANYMORE POPULAR THEN HE ALREADY WAS IF HE DIDNT DIE

I LUV DRE
BUT DO U THINK IF DRE DIDNT PASS THAT EVERYONE WOULD BE WEARING SHIRTS WITH HIS FACE ON IT......NO!

IF HELLA NIGGAS OUT HERE IN THE BAY WAS WEARING SHIRTS WITH THE NEXT MAN ON IT...AND THAT NEXT MAN IS STILL ALIVE AND KICKING..WE WOULD BE LOOKED AT AS A GAY REGION..PERIOD.

Nov 27, 2005
scientist said:
i doubt e-40 and keak's new single will get airplay outside of the bay even though lil john produced the shit. the whole hyphy movement is not appealing to anyone outside of california, trust that. i've been to the south & east and have gotten opinions on this.
SUPERHYPHY gets airplay on new york radio..five spins a day to be exact

and Superhyphy is on XM's radio's 66 Raw's playlist

Da Musicizans(ying yang's lil brothers from the south)
jus did a song called GO DUMB..and they do mean hyphy

Jim Jones and Juelz Sanatana had mad multiple shot outs to the bay and how we get hyphy out here and they was too.....

SO HOW CAN U SAY THAT THIS HYPHY SHIT IS NOT APPEALING TO THE SOUTH OR THE EAST?

u pretty much dont know what youre talking about..
u coulda at least said the midwest or sumn..lol

Apr 25, 2002
When are you cats going to learn that it takes a lot more then one person to blow a whole region up? Not that this should even have to be pointed out AGAIN but Nelly came out and sold 9 million albums in the U.S. alone. Did St. Louis "blow up"? FUCK NO. He's since sold over 20 million albums to date, in the U.S. alone, and has St. Louis blown up yet? FUCK NO.

Despite gimmicks like the 'hyphy movement', the bay isn't ready to blow up anyways. There's way too much conflict as it is, without the added pressure. You wanna make sure you have your shit together before you get your chance. Otherwise it'll just be a wasted opportunity.

Apr 25, 2002
dopegame707 said:
Jim Jones and Juelz Sanatana had mad multiple shot outs to the bay and how we get hyphy out here and they was too.....
It doesn't matter that small handfuls of people in other regions are into 'hyphy'. Realistically, the only place jockin' that shit is the bay so don't count on it being a one-way ticket straight to the top.

No offense homie but you obviously don't know or understand what creates success in the music business.

Aug 14, 2005
e-40 keak and blegit all got mentioned on the source promoting the ambassadors lounge on the "really hood" section of the mag. c-bo was also on the behind bars article on the same mag.

Nov 27, 2005
Sick Wid It said:
It doesn't matter that small handfuls of people in other regions are into 'hyphy'. Realistically, the only place jockin' that shit is the bay so don't count on it being a one-way ticket straight to the top.

No offense homie but you obviously don't know or understand what creates success in the music business.
Yea youre right..considering that youre Sick Wid It

Nov 27, 2005
Sick Wid It said:
When are you cats going to learn that it takes a lot more then one person to blow a whole region up? Not that this should even have to be pointed out AGAIN but Nelly came out and sold 9 million albums in the U.S. alone. Did St. Louis "blow up"? FUCK NO. He's since sold over 20 million albums to date, in the U.S. alone, and has St. Louis blown up yet? FUCK NO.

Despite gimmicks like the 'hyphy movement', the bay isn't ready to blow up anyways. There's way too much conflict as it is, without the added pressure. You wanna make sure you have your shit together before you get your chance. Otherwise it'll just be a wasted opportunity.
....after Nelly came Chingy ,J-kwon and the St.Lunatics
they jus dropped the ball..but all those albums went either gold or platinum..

Nov 26, 2005
dopegame707 said:
well actually stlunatics came out first then nelly went solo but if your talking about who went commercial first then your right..nelly went commerical first then tha st lunatics..

Apr 25, 2002
dopegame707 said:
Chingy (2M) came up thru Ludacris (8M). J-Kwon (G) came up basically because of Sean Caldwell. Neither Nelly nor St. Louis had anything to do with either of those events. The St. Lunatics (1M) came up because they're Nelly's camp and he negotiated it as part of his deal. Universal didn't want STL but Nelly wouldn't sign if they didn't give STL an album after his.

St. Louis never 'blew up'. Nelly did though. Chingy & J-Kwon's found success by other means than riding that non-existant 'on top' status you think Nelly created for St. Louis.

I'll say it again homie.. No offense but you don't know what you're talking about.

Nov 27, 2005
Sick Wid It said:
Chingy (2M) came up thru Ludacris (8M). J-Kwon (G) came up basically because of Sean Caldwell. Neither Nelly nor St. Louis had anything to do with either of those events. The St. Lunatics (1M) came up because they're Nelly's camp and he negotiated it as part of his deal. Universal didn't want STL but Nelly wouldn't sign if they didn't give STL an album after his.

St. Louis never 'blew up'. Nelly did though. Chingy & J-Kwon's found success by other means than riding that non-existant 'on top' status you think Nelly created for St. Louis.

I'll say it again homie.. No offense but you don't know what you're talking about.

MY WHOLE POINT IS...THEY WERE ALL FROM ST.LOUIS
OF COURSE E-40 DOESNT HAVE ALL BAY ARTIST ON HIS LABEL

MY WHOLE POINT IS NELLY MADE THAT ST.LOUIS ACCENT POP FOR A BIT

NELLY, ST.LUNATICS, CHINGY, EBONY EYEZ, AND J-KWON ARE ALL FROM ST.LOUIS....AND THEY ALL HAVE BEEN ON BET WAY MORE THAN THE BAY

U BITCH