CHERRY CHUCK GANG CD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 8, 2005
Yeah man the movement of all the hounds trying to come together is cool but that aside the music is banging. I mean I dont get where some of yall saying is an overhyped album cause you pretty much can ride to the whole album. Im not gone lie though some of them dudes need to step they rap game up, but Don D was holding it down on every song. But to each his own.
And I have heard some of these SD "classics" some people than named before and lets just say this CD will hop in the player before some of those.

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
definatly not a classic, but still something to listen to. Plus ya cant have an explanation when presenting an album..like saying this is the first time so and so got together to do songs...Its cool..I respect that but is this a rap album or a We are the world fundraiser...98.9% outside of dago dont care they just want to hear some good music...and probably 80% of dago feels the same

Feb 12, 2006
At least half the songs are tight and if nothing else it's worth the money to support local artists. I really think 'Cock it and Ride' was a track that should've made the disc, anyone got that single song I can DL?

-J

May 30, 2006
Cherry Chuck arrived in my mail box along with Jayos mixtape on Saturday. I put that Cherry Chuck in first not even trying to expect too much cuz of all of the hype I've been reading on this thread.

I gotta admit that this CD is overrated to the fullest. Its a cool CD & its gangsta to the core but even for a gangsta rap album I would like to hear a little bit more MCing then what I heard. Don Diego improves on the mic everytime he comes out & he stood out the most on this CD but I think some of the production could of been a tad better.

Like I said its a cool CD to knock but all that "keep it in rotation for awhile" talk aint coming from this direction. All of that classic talk needs to slow down. If its a classic cuz of the movement then okay but I'm not hearing a classic album. But then again I gotta wait awhile cuz like I said before I can't rate an album as being a classic until its been out atleast a year. U don't really know if something is a classic when it first dropped.

I didn't think Trigeration Station was a classic when I first bought it cuz I couldn't tell right away but a year oh so later I was saying to
myself this is a Gangsta Rap underground classic.

Oh yeah that Jayo mixtape goes hard. Bullet Loco still go hard on the mic.

Nov 26, 2007
www.myspace.com
^^i was thinkin the same the first day i got it, but when i acctually started hearin all the songs, that shit is smashin

and on a sidenote did anyone notice don diegos voice/flow change then his songs on his earlier to cds?

May 25, 2005
I think some of the production could of been a tad better.
Agreed.
IMO Cricet was the only one who came as hard as he normally does. I was expecting a bit more out of Dve Moss, Vicious, and Ecay. The surprise on this album for me though was Kurt Nitty. Its the first time I heard of dude, and I like the beats I heard so far.

Agreed.
IMO Cricet was the only one who came as hard as he normally does. I was expecting a bit more out of Dave Moss, Vicious, and Ecay. The surprise on this album for me though was Kurt Nitty. Its the first time I heard of dude, and I like the beats I heard so far.
ECAY GOT ONE OF THE HARDEST BEATS ON THERE AND I THINK OVERALL SONG "BEER AND A BIGG"

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
ECAY GOT ONE OF THE HARDEST BEATS ON THERE AND I THINK OVERALL SONG "BEER AND A BIGG"
What c.d you was listening too? The one i listened to only had 1 ecay beat..beer and Big..and that was mediocre......I dont think there was anything as far as beats where I was like damn..that shits hot, but out of all the beats the ones that stand out are Million Rag march by Dave Moss, and The kurt Nitty Joint called Bick it homie...The thing is when you have a compilation..or songs with multiple rappers sometimes the songs lose the cohesion as I would describe it....so many people say Don Diego stood out and he did...doesnt mean anyone else was wack...its just not all artist sound good together and styles clash...I wouldve rather seen a Cherry Chuck Gang where the songs had maximum 3 rappers but preferable just solo joints representing where they from..example when a rapper strats spitting and you start getting into his swag and what he is saying and then its interupted by some other rapper cause they can only spit 4-8 bars so everyone else can get on...it kind of ruins it
Why not have songs that run 8-10 minutes it aint like this is gonna be on no radio...this way everyone can spit a 16...or only have 1 hook at the end..or 2 bar hooks and 8 bars at the end...

MAN WHAT THA HELL U TALKIN BOUT

What c.d you was listening too? The one i listened to only had 1 ecay beat..beer and Big..and that was mediocre......I dont think there was anything as far as beats where I was like damn..that shits hot, but out of all the beats the ones that stand out are Million Rag march by Dave Moss, and The kurt Nitty Joint called Bick it homie...The thing is when you have a compilation..or songs with multiple rappers sometimes the songs lose the cohesion as I would describe it....so many people say Don Diego stood out and he did...doesnt mean anyone else was wack...its just not all artist sound good together and styles clash...I wouldve rather seen a Cherry Chuck Gang where the songs had maximum 3 rappers but preferable just solo joints representing where they from..example when a rapper strats spitting and you start getting into his swag and what he is saying and then its interupted by some other rapper cause they can only spit 4-8 bars so everyone else can get on...it kind of ruins it
Why not have songs that run 8-10 minutes it aint like this is gonna be on no radio...this way everyone can spit a 16...or only have 1 hook at the end..or 2 bar hooks and 8 bars at the end...
I NEVA SAID IT WAS THE BEST AND IF ANYTHING ALL THE BEATS WERE RIGHT FOR THA CD IN MY OPINION EXCEPT THE SONG "CROSSTOWN" BESIDES THAT EVERYTHING HIT. AND U SAYIN THEY WERE CLASHIN ON THE SONGS SHIT I CANT TELL U CAN VIBE TO THE WHOLE DAMN CD.

Why not have songs that run 8-10 minutes it aint like this is gonna be on no radio...this way everyone can spit a 16...or only have 1 hook at the end..or 2 bar hooks and 8 bars at the end..
MAN WHO WOULD WANT TO HEAR A CD LIKE THAT...THUMBS DOWN. ONLY TOO $HORT CAN PULL SUMTHIN LIKE THAT OFF

MAN HAVE U EVER HEARD MAC DRE PRESENTS THE ROMPALATION? NOW THATS A CLASSIC COMP HANDS DOWN AND EVERYBODY ON THERE HAD DIFFERENT STYLES BUT IT ALL CAME TOGETHER....I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR A COMP U PUT TOGETHER AND I AINT EVEN COMIN OFF SIDEWAYZ I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO SEE/HEAR SOMETHIN U PUT OUT

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
I NEVA SAID IT WAS THE BEST AND IF ANYTHING ALL THE BEATS WERE RIGHT FOR THA CD IN MY OPINION EXCEPT THE SONG "CROSSTOWN" BESIDES THAT EVERYTHING HIT. AND U SAYIN THEY WERE CLASHIN ON THE SONGS SHIT I CANT TELL U CAN VIBE TO THE WHOLE DAMN CD.

MAN WHO WOULD WANT TO HEAR A CD LIKE THAT...THUMBS DOWN. ONLY TOO $HORT CAN PULL SUMTHIN LIKE THAT OFF

MAN HAVE U EVER HEARD MAC DRE PRESENTS THE ROMPALATION? NOW THATS A CLASSIC COMP HANDS DOWN AND EVERYBODY ON THERE HAD DIFFERENT STYLES BUT IT ALL CAME TOGETHER....I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR A COMP U PUT TOGETHER AND I AINT EVEN COMIN OFF SIDEWAYZ I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO SEE/HEAR SOMETHIN U PUT OUT
I thought when you Said Ecay had the hardest beat you was talking best..

Well hopefully soon I will put out Bossman Hogg presents the knok ( Bossman Hogg, Fat Sak, A-Nasty, Gangsta Dre,Gangsta Boi, Regg Nutt.......all songs produced by Raw Steel except 1 song by Dave moss, 1 Slikk Rikk and 1 by Rasan.Its been pretty much done for a few years...(ask Slikk Rikk about it.)and I am working with Young Sau...we already have about 3 songs done, All beats are produced By raw Steel...but Dave Moss wants to be a part of it..so he is gonna contribute beats as well as record..it aint nothin...features will be limited..so far XL Middleton and Clinton Wayne. Both albums aint pop or club orientated.
I agree when I mentioned long songs..aint the best idea..however there are ways so you dont have rappers only spittin 4 bars..

Im gonna hit you on the PM let you hear a song...just you.. and you can come back and thumbs up or down....

May 30, 2006
^^i was thinkin the same the first day i got it, but when i acctually started hearin all the songs, that shit is smashin

and on a sidenote did anyone notice don diegos voice/flow change then his songs on his earlier to cds?
For real though. I thought Trigaration was good & Mitch had a hell of a mic precence. What attracted me so much to the album was the realisim. You could tell he meant what he was saying & that it was real. He really painted a pix for you. He reminded me of a very young X-Raided. Meaning that you can hear the potential in his raps but he was rough around the edges. You could tell with some improvement they would be a force..... and they both are. Now Mitch aint on X's level when it comes to lyrics but he's among the elite gangsta rapper in the game. Sorry to jump off subject.

But yea I do notice difference in Don Diegos flow. Dude is getting better like I said before.

Apr 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
definatly not a classic, but still something to listen to. Plus ya cant have an explanation when presenting an album..like saying this is the first time so and so got together to do songs...Its cool..I respect that but is this a rap album or a We are the world fundraiser...98.9% outside of dago dont care they just want to hear some good music...and probably 80% of dago feels the same
but this is a dago album, its mostly directed towards dago and dago knows the gang politics so u dont really have to do much explaining, im sure way more than 20% of dago people that bought the album or burnt it did atleast sumwhat care about the politics of doin that album, that was one of the things that made it so popular, theres been so much talk in the streets about this project that didnt have anything to do with people just wanting to hear good music, there was alot goin on with this album. its a blood gang bangin album, and thats wut u got, and don came thru and put it all in song form, i think he made it sound good for havin hella niggas on songs he made it sound like a real song still.. imma crip and i listen to this album like everyday this is like my favorite shit this year, and this is comin from a nigga whos favorite artist is like Jay-Z, Little Brother and g-unit, lol

Jul 5, 2002
Agreed.
IMO Cricet was the only one who came as hard as he normally does. I was expecting a bit more out of Dve Moss, Vicious, and Ecay. The surprise on this album for me though was Kurt Nitty. Its the first time I heard of dude, and I like the beats I heard so far.
co-sign. kurt nitty, i never heard that name before but i will watch out for his production in the future. a beer and a big, sorry ecay, that's the song i really don't like on that album and it's really not the right song as an opener. cricet and vmf came ok, nothin more and nothin less, dave moss somehow surprised me with versatile style, but kurt nitty is the nr. 1 producer on that album.