Call Of Duty: Black Ops **discussion thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 19, 2005
i mean i could understand if they sent you a tshirt so people out in public could see how baddass a prestiger looked,but to give up all your fuckin guns and perks jus to do it all again???ill never get it

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
i mean i could understand if they sent you a tshirt so people out in public could see how baddass a prestiger looked,but to give up all your fuckin guns and perks jus to do it all again???ill never get it
other than an emblem, there is no point...however it does show others your level of dedication and nothing is more accomplished than going through all prestige levels...just to say i did it...why didnt you...pussy!

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
hey niggys and wiggys anyone know what the update is about?
· Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
· Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
· Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
· Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart
· Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
· Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
· Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
· Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
· Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
· Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
· Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
· Additional online security enhancements
· Optimization to prevent friends list from spamming user while in game – will improve game performance for users with large numbers of friends.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
im level 12...i need to jump back on it....i havent killed that gorilla dude who steals shit yet which im guessing is possible
I tried to kill that son of a bitch, but he wont die.

I got to level 20 but had to quit and do some shit, on PC you can play it online! you can probly do the same on console.

please explain why its so crutial to prestige ,your willing to throw away all the shit youv worked for for a fuckin new emblem??i mean seriously its not like the games been out for a couple month,you sir should go outside more
GOLD CAMO.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
This if from Treyarchs forums, good to see they are looking at spawns to see what is going on and how they can improve them. Interesting to see how the spawn system picks spawn points.

I am back in town and trying to get to the bottom of the spawning issues.

Let me explain how spawning generally works. The spawn system is trying to pick the best spawn from all the available spots. Each spawn has a "score" or "rating" that is constantly being modified based on what is going on around that spawn. Many things can impact the rating of a spawn.

For example, a teammate who recently died would temporarily lower the value of a spawn. Spawns in the path of a Napalm strike should have their values lowered significantly. Etc., all. The complete list of things that modify the value of a spawn is large.

No spawn can ever by 100% eliminated as a choice, because we have to spawn you even if it is less than ideal. It's unfortunate when you spawn directly in front of someone like this video shows (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI2CtQHgmNA&feature=related). That shouldn't happen.

During development, we had the spawns running with a low error rate. 98 to 99% of the time for most maps (small maps like Nuketown are an exception) when you spawned you were not killed or injured or able to injure someone within 3 seconds of spawning. The game was instrumented and we were logging this. Our spawn debug tools are the best they have ever been, so I'm disappointed and want to see if we can sort this out.

Please don't bother linking in Nuketown videos. That map is too small to use as the basis for evaluating what is wrong. Use Summit, Launch or Radiation.

The videos are helpful but they just show one bad spawn. They don't help us understand why that spawn point was chosen by the game over another. In order to get to the bottom of that, I need to see "the big picture" of what is going on in the entirety of the map. Please make your video as detailed as possible. Freeze time. Show us the entire map. Were killstreaks in the sky? Where are they aiming. Show me all the players from both teams and any skull (recently deceased friendly) icons.

Hopefully, that makes sense.

For our part, we have re-enabled the spawn logging (this is only something we can do in development, not on the live servers, unfortunately) and are now building up a match library so we can evaluate further.

Please remember what I said before. If we can find and reproduce the steps that causes the error we can fix it.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar

Oct 9, 2008
I feel like Treyarch doesn't want you to snipe in this game. I was never a quickscoper cuz that shit is gay but i used to snipe pretty comfortably. In this game they give you three piece of shit sniper rifles and one that is actually a consistent one shot kill. The rifle that is a one shot kill is incredebly inaccurate, sometimes i swear i got crosshairs right on a dudes chest and some how miss? Not to mention it takes me forever to steady the fuckin scope cuz it sways all over the fuckin place! I'm not going to cry bout the maps cuz i think i could adapt if they hadn't made the sniping class in general suck so bad. Trying to master it the way it is but damn that shit is frustrating and i never see anyone else even attempting to snipe in this game. Treyarch pretty much ruined the whole class. Seems like i gotta go to hardcore every time i want to snipe..

Apr 25, 2004
I cant dive thru windows to save my soul lol and there's a challege for it too
You gotta hit the dive button waaaaaay early. I finished a challenge when I did that. It was like "Kill an enemy within 3 seconds of a dive" or something like that. I just kept doing it out of every window in NukeTown and at first people kept shooting me but I started to get kills after the 6 or 7th try.

Oct 9, 2008
That swan dive shit was dope! Fuck i wanna post my shit but i still can't link my fuckin gamertag to Treyarch! Alot of other people been having the same problem, shit is broke!!