Call Of Duty: Black Ops **discussion thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
Video died..what was it?

Off work tomorrow so Imma try and pull an allnighter
When you get your care package, and you throw the marker to get it, then throw a nade ( in the video he was using a regular nade not sticky not sure if that matters? ) right away ( as fast as possible ) and once you get your care package you can repeat the process for 2 or 3 times.

Use this while you can because they will patch it and Treyarch is working on a Patch already but they have not released what will be in it yet.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
i just got the galil tried gettin the 75 kill contract but failed everyones now running around with ak 47
Yeah I see a shot load of Ak47u with tiger camo ( shit I have one too lol ) but its also because everyone is lower ranks and have not unlocked the other guns.

I have been using the Stoner 63 ( Classified LMG ) as no one else is using it, very similar to the Galil but has an insane fire rate. Kind of reminds me of a more controlled F2000 from MW2.

Oct 9, 2008
Why does everybody keep saying the maps are so big? These fuckin maps are tiny clusterfucks compared to MW2. ie derail, afghan, wasteland! Thats actually my biggest complaint so far, i think the maps are all basicly the same as one another...

May 3, 2002
Why does everybody keep saying the maps are so big? These fuckin maps are tiny clusterfucks compared to MW2. ie derail, afghan, wasteland! Thats actually my biggest complaint so far, i think the maps are all basicly the same as one another...
There more like big clusterfucks. Really now specific "sniping levels", just areas. It's starting to get to me.. I like to kinda work fast through the level. I dont sit in one area. But ive been killed by a lot of people just sitting in the back of the levels. Its so stupid.. or an enemy spawns right behind me and kills me.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
the maps are fine, just less wide open spaces and thats the way it should be, you need to check and aim after every corner not just run and spam bullets.

Nuketown (noobtown) is a good change of pace, very fast but first to get the chopper kill streak wins lol

If you don't wanna get killed by campers with claymores, use the right perks and make sure you aim when you turn the corner, just tell yourself 'there is a camper around the corner' and keep moving.

If you don't like being spawn killed, play Search & Destroy. Some people don't have the patience for it though because 'lulz i just wanna spawn every second'

but its more rewarding and makes you be more cautious.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
lulz people with mics onstickes & stones is bomedy when one gets hit with the tomahawk or someone kept knifing this one dude who was yellin like wtf why do you keep knifing me use your crossbow he was in first then bam got hit with the tomahawk and he lost it couldnt stop laughing also i noticed when i take the time to aim i get murked by people shootin from the hip even without steady aim

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
lalso i noticed when i take the time to aim i get murked by people shootin from the hip even without steady aim
keep your gun pointed where you want to aim so when you bring up iron sights/scope you dont have to move it much to fire. Also hip firing is the best option at very close quarters, but anywhere with a bit of distance its always gonna be better to aim and the longer the distance the less burst is better for more controlled fire.

hardcore S&D was my shit when I was fucking with COD4
fuck yeah!

once I unlock everything thats all I will play. But I'm almost level 50 now and wanna do the prestige levels too..

I love HC S&D, thats how a FPS is meant to be played.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Treyarch's David Vonderhaar has considerable emotional investment in Call of Duty: Black Ops, having served as Multiplayer Design Director. That helps explain his fiery comments regarding complaints that players had already hacked the game's online multiplayer component. On the official Black Ops forums, Vonderhaar explained that most of the videos circling the YouTubes feature older dev versions of the game, or use exploits that can be easily hotfixed or patched "just like we said we would."

Vonderhaar expressed disappointment in these complaints, saying, "What many of these people want is to be Internet nerd famous. I'm not going to make them famous and you shouldn't either." He later added, "We are disinterested in making mini-celebrities out of douche-bags."

Wow, we're actually kind of inspired by his passion, here. If everyone adopted the "no fame for douche-bags" credo, just think how much of a better place we'd be living in! There'd be no reality television at all.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Since Call of Duty: Black Ops is still fresh off the press, we're going to do our very best to avoid spoilers here, so bear with us.

Okay, who's the most famous Cuban guy you know? No, not Andy Garcia. Not Daisy Fuentes either, she's a girl. The other one, with the beard. Rhymes with Lastro. ... Right! So in the first mission of the game you're tasked with finding him and ... hurting him. Maybe hurting him so badly that he will be, like, the opposite of alive. Hint, hint.

That's predictably peeved some folks in Cuba. According to a Guardian translation, a recent story on government-run website cubadebate read, "What the United States government did not achieve in more than 50 years, it now tries to do virtually. This new video game is doubly perverse. On the one hand, it glorifies the illegal assassination attempts the United States government planned against the Cuban leader ... and on the other, it stimulates sociopathic attitudes in North American children and adolescents."

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
According to Activision's early "internal estimates," this week's launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops is the series' largest -- financially speaking -- of all time, accruing $360 million in sales thus far between the United States and the United Kingdom. Accounting for all that money is an approximate 5.6 million copies landing in customers' hands solely on November 9, compared with 4.7 million moved during last year's Modern Warfare 2 launch.

In case you needed further proof that the vast majority of the millions of Call of Duty players out there don't have any idea about that whole Infinity Ward debacle, or don't have any hangups over which studio makes the year's CoD, here it is.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
fuck yeah!

once I unlock everything thats all I will play. But I'm almost level 50 now and wanna do the prestige levels too..

I love HC S&D, thats how a FPS is meant to be played.
I would still prestige while playing HC S&D, just had to play some ground war games right after prestiging & I was back in the 20's in no time.