Army officer refuses to fight

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
i always heard the military doesn't want robots, it wants killers.

additionally, isn’t this issue, in part, addressed by the chain of command?

i mean this guy is an officer, isn't it his job to take orders from above and pass them on to his subordinates? if he's given an illegal order or an order that he believes to be illegal, isn't he then supposed to question it? doesn't the chain of command also shield him from directly following the orders of the president as some of you are insisting?

i don't know every detail of his story, but i would assume if he brought his concerns to his superior officer he would have been told to piss off. his filing for conscientious objector status is pretty respectful to the military and his rank given the circumstances, no? i mean he's not saying i want to quit or i'm going to run to another country and try and hide. he's saying i'm in the military and i want to stay in the military, but i believe the order i was given was not legal and since my concerns about it were not addressed i'll pursue another option.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
50cal said:
damn...thanks...now Im gonna go to work feeling old...thanks again..L.O.L.
Haha no disrespect man...if you're postin on the Siccness...you're most likely young at heart.

ColdBlooded said:
his filing for conscientious objector status is pretty respectful to the military and his rank given the circumstances, no? i mean he's not saying i want to quit or i'm going to run to another country and try and hide. he's saying i'm in the military and i want to stay in the military, but i believe the order i was given was not legal and since my concerns about it were not addressed i'll pursue another option.
I agree with that opinion. Just because he's objecting to the order passed down to him doesnt mean he's trying to jump ship from the military or anything. I dont think he's actually challenging the government, I just think he's doing what he believes to be right - despite whether or not it is right.

Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
HERESY-
I READ YOUR RESPONSE.
I WOULD LIKE TO "ENLIGHTEN" YOU, YOUR COLD WAR MILITARY PERSPECTIVE IS NOT A REFLECTION OF TODAYS MILITARY.(REALITY)

BUT MY RESPONSE WOULD REQUIRE MUCH MORE OF MY TIME AND TYPING LONG AZZ PAGES, VERSUS A SIMPLE PHONE CALL.
SO IF YOU LIKE TO SHARE VIEWS, PM ME YOUR NUMBER.

DLOCC

Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
50cal-

THE THINGS YOU SAID HOLD WEIGHT, HOWEVER YOUR WORDS, IN THIS "FORUM OF COMMUNICATION" AT LEAST, WILL FALL ON DEAF EARS.

WHEN IT COMES TO THE SICCNESS AND MILITARY....IT'S LIKES OIL AND WATER.

THESE FOLKZ BELIEVE SO MUCH MILITARY BULLSHIT MYTHS, THEY WOULDN'T CHANGE IF THE "TRUTH" THEY SEEK, WAS HANDED TO THEM.

Dec 25, 2003
D-Locc...

I don't have to be a surgeon to understand veins or nerve damage. The military is the military with or without experience. The same things hold true for today's military that held true for those of Alexander the Great and Genghis Khan.

Your job is to kill or give your own life. When you sign up, your life is signed away. Your job is not to question or disobey. Boot camp and training are essentially deindividuation exercises meant to "break" your individuality and make you a part of the unit.

To think that soldiers are paid to be disobedient, independent, free-spirited philosophers who choose their own path is ludicrous. You *may* have military experience, not sure whether you do or not, but the whole point is you *dont* have a choice.

You may choose where to deploy, how to conduct yourself or your unit, tactical decisions, or scheduling decisions, but you do not choose whether or not to go to Iraq. You do not choose whether or not a cause is just, or whether or not you follow orders unless you are willing to pay the consequences. You can not decide to show up Monday and not Tuesday. That's not the nature of the military.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
D-Locc60 said:
HERESY-
I READ YOUR RESPONSE.
I WOULD LIKE TO "ENLIGHTEN" YOU, YOUR COLD WAR MILITARY PERSPECTIVE IS NOT A REFLECTION OF TODAYS MILITARY.(REALITY)

BUT MY RESPONSE WOULD REQUIRE MUCH MORE OF MY TIME AND TYPING LONG AZZ PAGES, VERSUS A SIMPLE PHONE CALL.
SO IF YOU LIKE TO SHARE VIEWS, PM ME YOUR NUMBER.

DLOCC
sent

Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
D-Locc...

I don't have to be a surgeon to understand veins or nerve damage. The military is the military with or without experience. The same things hold true for today's military that held true for those of Alexander the Great and Genghis Khan.

Your job is to kill or give your own life. When you sign up, your life is signed away. Your job is not to question or disobey. Boot camp and training are essentially deindividuation exercises meant to "break" your individuality and make you a part of the unit.

To think that soldiers are paid to be disobedient, independent, free-spirited philosophers who choose their own path is ludicrous. You *may* have military experience, not sure whether you do or not, but the whole point is you *dont* have a choice.

You may choose where to deploy, how to conduct yourself or your unit, tactical decisions, or scheduling decisions, but you do not choose whether or not to go to Iraq. You do not choose whether or not a cause is just, or whether or not you follow orders unless you are willing to pay the consequences. You can not decide to show up Monday and not Tuesday. That's not the nature of the military.
WORDS FROM YET ANOTHER CIVILIAN, MAKING AN ATTEMPT TO TELL FOLKS ABOUT THE NATURE OF "TODAY'S" MILITARY....

SOUND STRANGE?
IT SHOULD.

WHITE DEVIL...
WHAT BRANCH OF THE SERVICE DID YOU SERVE IN AND AT WHAT TIME PERIOD?

Dec 7, 2004
www.myspace.com
I dont think its a good idea to label this guy a hero, I question his sincerity. Unless you know the guy personaly and know what he really is about, then you can say he is a hero and is standing up for what he believes in. For all we know he can be a dude that is scared of death, and feels like he will be killed in action. From the article there isnt much evidence that would make me believe that 100% of his decision is based on his desire to not be a war criminal.

Friend, you cannot match up to my versatility, not even close. I'm the most fluid, dynamic person on this forum and that is why people like you are terrified of me and don't want none.
lmao^^

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
KALYN said:
Horrific photos...... a close up look at a harsh reality.
unfortunatley most pictures ar open to interpretation.Are innocent iraqis getting killed and injured by american,and coalition forces..of course...but we sometimes forget of how many innocent iraqis have been killed prior to us going over there....public hangings,executions by gunfire/beheadings....I guess if you seen the mass grave sites with kids with there skulls bashed in,well again to many on here it probably wouldnt change there minds.Overall the iraqis are grateful we did what we did...of course the media focus is on the negative....us building schools,turning there electricity on..si not a good story I guess.

Dec 11, 2002
I'm aware of the different aspects of war that we must all take into consideration, several points of view to be argued... but I still feel for the lives lost and understand when looking at the obvious pain those people are enduring that there are reasons.. but.... still and yet.... the photos are horrific.