Yellow Bus Radio was Career Suicide for Fab

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2008
^^Shit $50,000 a year, plus all the show money he's getting, plus all the features he's doing, adds up to more than your average Bay Area rapper. Fab is eating yall record sells ain't every thang.

Jan 18, 2006
I honestly cant stand Fab but thats irrelevant when i say hes not grinding hard and hes worse then Ya Boy hes not putting any new music out. Everyone complains about how Yuk and Ya Boy dont put enough actual albums out yet they seem to be the ones with the most projects coming out and when shit do come out yall complain about how its not mixed and mastered right or why the production is wack. Fab needs to stop being on Youtube and WorldStar hiphop and get some shit out for his fans before he loses whats left of his fanbase

Mar 20, 2007
Fab's career would've died if he stayed in the Bay just trying to push mixtapes. Can't really build hype here without the support of local radio. He was really smart in that he branched out. Every week you see him collaborating with other artists from different regions.

As far as the Big Von / KMEL thing is concerned, success is the best revenge. Fab just needs to keep what he's been doin, networking and expanding his fanbase.

Oct 29, 2008
Fab's career would've died if he stayed in the Bay just trying to push mixtapes. Can't really build hype here without the support of local radio. He was really smart in that he branched out. Every week you see him collaborating with other artists from different regions.

As far as the Big Von / KMEL thing is concerned, success is the best revenge. Fab just needs to keep what he's been doin, networking and expanding his fanbase.
What does his career consist of now tho?Youtube vids fakin like he got his chain snatched and Smokefest vids? Son of a Pimp is still my fav bay album of the last 10 years but lately he aint been puttin anything worthy out.And i think a big reason for that is he has no buzz in the bay.When was the last time u heard a nigga bumpin his shit? I keep hearing yall talk about him networking but keep this in mind.JT the Bigga Figga is the most networking nigga in the bay besides 40 but that networking dont have niggas in line tryna buy his new music.Hits is what count in 09 not who u do songs with.And u cant have a hit if radio dont play it.The shows he doin now are mostly because of the songs KMEL played years ago.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
from what i understand the album advance cheddar is like a loan....the amount given is based on projected record sales
bingo.

and if niggas got advance money if they turned in an album, they would be a lot of bums who know how to rap. lol

imo, i would like to see fab do more features on remixes and r&B shit to get his name really buzzing.

Jan 27, 2004
Am I the only one who sees Fab on yahoo every day... pepsi pass the mic feat Mr. fab? thats pretty big... y'all don't think so? yahoo gets like a billion hits a day

Oct 29, 2008
LOL. You actually think KMEL will make a rappers career? Siccness always amazes me.
No but a Big Reason him and Clyde Carson got major deals was because they was gettin spins in a big market independently when labels was wit the hyphy shit.If it wasnt for KMEL clyde or Fab wouldnt have got they deals.It was the spins that got em.Labels pay attention 2 dat shit.U either better have a million youtube hits or u better be gettin spins 2 get a deal.

May 8, 2008
Ghetto Graduate are you even reading the responses to some of your comments? FAB GETS SPINS ON THE RADIO. Just not KMEL. Fab gets play in LA, he gets play in Denver, he gets play in Houston...."Umm Hmm" was getting spins in multiple cities down South. KMEL is not the be all and end all of a Bay rappers career.