Yellow Bus Radio was Career Suicide for Fab

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 29, 2008
please bro. you obviously never leave the bay and aint int he game. kmel dont break no records man. who are you kidding?

fab with snoop traveled the country and and was on every station except kmel and they still did letterman, mtv and some more shit. think before you type.
What was the last Fab song that got radio spins? Exactly.KMEL was the 1's that got up on the singles from the S.O.A.P album.You keep thinkin Fab dont need KMEL and years from now when he still dont have a single in any rotation in the U.S i hope u let him sleep on yo couch since u such a friend.Traveling wit snoop dont mean shit.Look what it did for Daz last album.

Apr 23, 2006
FAB is probably the bays most hated and most loved and overall most talked about artist so i doubt his career is goin anywhere

That shit was career suicide cuz fab said himself that Atlantic aint gon push any singles if it aint gettin spins in your own region 1st.And 94.9 aint playin no real urban rap songs so the only way 2 get real buzz in the bay is to get spins at kmel.I dont give a fuck who he outta Town Kickin it with.Them niggas cant get Von to lift the ban so it means nothin
you really think because kmel isnt playin his shit other stations arent... ummm hmmm was gettin plays nation wide

you think major record labels are worried so much about local support?? hell no they want a national buzz

they know FAB has his roots in the bay and a strong fan base there so im pretty sure they would be more concerned with gettin him some national attention over gettin big von to play him lol

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
What was the last Fab song that got radio spins? Exactly.KMEL was the 1's that got up on the singles from the S.O.A.P album.You keep thinkin Fab dont need KMEL and years from now when he still dont have a single in any rotation in the U.S i hope u let him sleep on yo couch since u such a friend.Traveling wit snoop dont mean shit.Look what it did for Daz last album.
lets analyze what it is you do? who are you? what is your job? how much do you make? what is your travel schedule like? what does your Rolodex of numbers with people in power in your industry look like? what do you do for the kids? and are you good in the hood on top of all that in almost every state you been to?

lets see how interesting you are to talk about.

Sep 18, 2008
fab is bigger now than he was then. if you believe that he is finished you are foolish. http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/bl...tegory=191366&em3298=&em3282=&em3281=&em3161=

kanye west just put fab on his lost tapes official mixtape track #9. the only west coast artist on it. and the only solo song. and word has it kanye may step in and help at the least a&r his project if not try to sign him. so while von wont play him, fab is pushing a mean line right now out side of the bay. only rappers in the bay bigger on a national level than fab today is e 40 and too short. end of story.

fabby is in great shape right now. all he needs is a hit single for the 3rd time and he can win again. wake up people, the streets are what counts and the streets fuck with fab 100%. not just in the bay, but all over the country.
First time I ever saw Fab live like three years ago I thought that would be the route he should take not totally Kanye but the stylish swag and personality that yellow bus stuff was not the look since he is very lyrical and very informative with real life issues. I'm glad my gut feeling came to light. On another note Kanye be stealing game from the Bay especially from San Quinn The Daz Track with Dogg Pound and Quinn and The Yee with the Michael Jackson sample was played for DJ Toomp and later made it into The Good Life not to mention the Barry Bonds song last but not least Welcome to Scokland now he drops Welcome to Chicago ?

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
from what i understand the album advance cheddar is like a loan....the amount given is based on projected record sales
OF COURSE it's a loan! A label doesn't give you money to be "nice" lol....Every penny they spend from flights to hotels to cars they expect back.

Sorry if that's not on topic of the rest of the thread :cool:

Oct 29, 2008
FAB is probably the bays most hated and most loved and overall most talked about artist so i doubt his career is goin anywhere

lmao you are a dumb motherfcuker.... you really think because kmel isnt playin his shit other stations arent... ummm hmmm was gettin plays nation wide

you think major record labels are worried so much about local support?? hell no they want a national buzz

they know FAB has his roots in the bay and a strong fan base there so im pretty sure they would be more concerned with gettin him some national attention over gettin big von to play him lol

just think a little before you post ... well at least try :siccness:
Name some other radio stations thats playin his music.Kmel was the biggest radio station 2 play his shit.If he gettin spins on down south or east coast radio list the stations if u can.Kmel is the hot 97 of the bay.And Fab Said it himself that if local radio aint playin his shit they aint gon put the album out.He said that not me.

May 8, 2008
^They played "Umm Hmm" on Power 106 in Southern Cali. I remember a thread a few months back talking about it. I also remember hearing that same song was getting some spins down south. And even if he's not getting radio play, his career is just fine. You are obviously not familar with what FAB is doing. He is the most talked about and most connected young Bay Area artist right now. Fab is everywhere...put his name in youtube if you don't believe me. He's bigger now than he was when he was getting play on KMEL.

Oct 29, 2008
^They played "Umm Hmm" on Power 106 in Southern Cali. I remember a thread a few months back talking about it. I also remember hearing that same song was getting some spins down south. And even if he's not getting radio play, his career is just fine. You are obviously not familar with what FAB is doing. He is the most talked about and most connected young Bay Area artist right now. Fab is everywhere...put his name in youtube if you don't believe me. He's bigger now than he was when he was getting play on KMEL.
Max B and Joe Budden get talked about alot on the net aswell but they couldnt sell 100k if they dropped a album together.I aint hatin on Fab at all im just sayin Im 99.9% sure he wouldnt do Yellow Bus Radio if he knew this would be the outcome.

Jan 26, 2004
First time I ever saw Fab live like three years ago I thought that would be the route he should take not totally Kanye but the stylish swag and personality that yellow bus stuff was not the look since he is very lyrical and very informative with real life issues. I'm glad my gut feeling came to light. On another note Kanye be stealing game from the Bay especially from San Quinn The Daz Track with Dogg Pound and Quinn and The Yee with the Michael Jackson sample was played for DJ Toomp and later made it into The Good Life not to mention the Barry Bonds song last but not least Welcome to Scokland now he drops Welcome to Chicago ?
Bro- this is the most ridiculous shit ive read on here in a long time. Two dope fiends make a record no one in the bay cares about, yet Kanye West is biting by doing a song called Welcome To Chicago??????? come back down to earth Moon D

May 8, 2008
Why are you so worried about album sells? Especially in today's climate? Fab still wouldn't sell a whole lot more than anybody else in the Bay if he never would have did that Yellow Bus Radio thing. Neither you nor I know what really went on between Fab and Von, so you need to quit assuming that he is regretting what he did. Fab is doing just fine. It is obvious that he doesn't need KMEL to generate buzz or make money. You asked what other stations are playing his shit, and I just told you. What are you arguing about?

Cats like Buddens and Max B are getting talked about for different reasons also. Buddens is putting his thick ass girlfriend on camera and getting a million worldstar views on that. And Max B got that beef with Dipset and his murder case brewing. Fab is talked about because of what he is doing musically (aside from that chain snatching parody). Buddens do have that Slaughterhouse thing he doing, but the majority of the net talk on Buddens is over his bitch and his beefs.

Feb 22, 2006
i'll say this much, i hardly ever listen to 106 or 94.9 but when i remembered that FAB had a show on (While i was in the car) i would peep it....

the prank calls and interviews were good. the radio aint all that, e.g. Too $hort

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
off topic but why is shady and lil rue and livewire goin after bruce banna he was on livewire radio comp

Feb 22, 2006
the point i was trying to make is that displaying his personality as well as his music, might have made more people go to his shows and want to buy his albums....

a song on the radio is only going to persuade so many people to buy an album,

but getting to know him through the show (his humor, personality, etc) made more loyal fans than an average person who says, "i like this ONE song on the radio, let me get it for 99 cents off itunes."

compared to a loyal fan who will buy an album before they even hear it...

Feb 10, 2004
www.twitter.com
This is a perfect post in Fab's defence. Like I said I am not a big Fab fan, but his hard work is as real as it gets. The dude grinds his ass off for the promotion of FAB and it's paying off for him.
That is what he's doing and many "major rappers" would kill to get the attention he is getting. He is building his brand. The business model for the record labels is changing. By doing things the way he is, FAB is representing a new path to success. Those that are coming in here trying to equate success to outdated ways of keeping score are mistaken. The problem is, the new way of measuring success for the industry has not been fully developed yet.

Here's what the #1 rap artist this week (Jadakiss) had to say about the state of things

“Everybody wants to sell a million records but that's just the least of it. You've gotta get sponsors,” he told AllHipHop.com. “Not to mention [that,] I'm going to stay on this tour bus until the wheels fall off. I keep doing shows and arenas and then I'm hopping on a tour. You have to stay on the road and do other things. The sales of the actual physical album are down, you cannot just play on that like it’s the only card in your hand. You have to have to some other Trump card to fall back on.”

And, on topic, whatever is the difference between Von and FAB, it needs to come to a conclusion, FAB and KMEL would be a powerful thing for the bay.

Sep 18, 2008
Bro- this is the most ridiculous shit ive read on here in a long time. Two dope fiends make a record no one in the bay cares about, yet Kanye West is biting by doing a song called Welcome To Chicago??????? come back down to earth Moon D
Dopefiends more like rockstars .. Dopefiends are broke and nobody cares about them they are both still relevant and about to have a 20 city radio tour throughout the the Southwest and Southeast United States . Welcome to Chicago is actually an album that Kanye is putting out . Stay tuned for a lot of big things from the two of them they got serious investors behind them that are willing to spend as much as it takes to get them where they need to be. I agree clean and sober would be a better route but at the end of the day they take care of there families and thats what counts. Keak Da Sneak is still a household name out the Bay he is huge in LA ,ATL ,AZ , UT they fuck with Keak. As for Quinn he is taking his career very serious right now and he to is about to get where he needs to be. Most artists mature right about thirty and get there acts together anybody touring and making big independent money is 35+ for example Tech n9ne, Andre Nickatina,Young Jeezy,Nas and others I'm just saying don't count them out. And last time I checked they sold 7500 records not bad for nobody in the Bay not caring about them also She's fine is getting radio spins throughout the country and Hot & Cool is bout to spin in LA & both videos are on MTV JAMS not bad huh?

Feb 8, 2003
Max B and Joe Budden get talked about alot on the net aswell but they couldnt sell 100k if they dropped a album together.I aint hatin on Fab at all im just sayin Im 99.9% sure he wouldnt do Yellow Bus Radio if he knew this would be the outcome.
all bullshit aside.You cant compare max b & joe buddens to fab bc them two arent even signed to labels.

Also for the record Max B never ever dropped a solo album so shut the hell up with he cant sale talk. you starting to look like a gossiping high school broad now with you"fab not gonna sale cause this cause taht cause this station" talk