Yellow Bus Radio was Career Suicide for Fab

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 28, 2006
Very true because 94.9 doesn't play that kind of music so with no KMEL no local support, no regional support and that means no money.

May 8, 2008
^Don't you think you took it a bit far there? No regional support = No money? First of all, just because KMEL doesn't play FAB doesn't mean he doesn't have regional support. He still is booking shows all over California....He just got back from UC Davis the other day I believe. That is where the money is. But I agree, he should have played the situation with Von differently.

As far as the notion of "career suicide," Ghetto Graduate I guess you haven't really been paying attention to what Fab has been up to lately. His career seems to be alive and well.

Aug 7, 2003
the career suicide for fab is his work ethic. there are thousands of rappers putting out their own cds and putting out a buzz. fab aint doing shit but shows with his 5 good songs.

Oct 28, 2003
I am not a big fan of FAB's music, but to question his work ethic...No the dude works hard, but the question is, WHAT IS HE WORKING HARD AT. Is he working hard at being a popular guy, or a respected artist, sometimes it's hard to tell. I will say this for FAB atleast he is still getting some kind of attention. People might not like what they know, but atleast they know about him to have to give him a thumbs up or down. And the career suicide wasn't the radio show, it was being so attached to hyphy and what visualy and music wise he represented with the yellow bus movement. Once hyphy turned into a national joke and people saw him with Viking helmets and air brushed overalls...it was a wrap. You can't recover from that kind of first impression. But to his credit, he is trying to undo all of that Yellow Bus Fabby, but the damage is done.

Feb 22, 2006
if anyone one was offered to do a radio show, they would/should take it....

Big Von got jealous cuz i guess his listeners were tuning in to 94.9 and started to hate on FAB...

Fab had every reason to go at Von if that is what really happened....

But i dont think it was career suicide, if anything it made him more motivated to make a name for himself outside the bay area....not need to put all his energy into a radio station that doesn't represent our community anyway....

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
fab is bigger now than he was then. if you believe that he is finished you are foolish. http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/bl...tegory=191366&em3298=&em3282=&em3281=&em3161=

kanye west just put fab on his lost tapes official mixtape track #9. the only west coast artist on it. and the only solo song. and word has it kanye may step in and help at the least a&r his project if not try to sign him. so while von wont play him, fab is pushing a mean line right now out side of the bay. only rappers in the bay bigger on a national level than fab today is e 40 and too short. end of story.

fabby is in great shape right now. all he needs is a hit single for the 3rd time and he can win again. wake up people, the streets are what counts and the streets fuck with fab 100%. not just in the bay, but all over the country.

Oct 28, 2003
fab is bigger now than he was then. if you believe that he is finished you are foolish. http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/bl...tegory=191366&em3298=&em3282=&em3281=&em3161=

kanye west just put fab on his lost tapes official mixtape track #9. the only west coast artist on it. and the only solo song. and word has it kanye may step in and help at the least a&r his project if not try to sign him. so while von wont play him, fab is pushing a mean line right now out side of the bay. only rappers in the bay bigger on a national level than fab today is e 40 and too short. end of story.

fabby is in great shape right now. all he needs is a hit single for the 3rd time and he can win again. wake up people, the streets are what counts and the streets fuck with fab 100%. not just in the bay, but all over the country.
This is a perfect post in Fab's defence. Like I said I am not a big Fab fan, but his hard work is as real as it gets. The dude grinds his ass off for the promotion of FAB and it's paying off for him.

Feb 12, 2006

yeee yeee!!!

Jan 22, 2007
I am not a big fan of FAB's music, but to question his work ethic...No the dude works hard, but the question is, WHAT IS HE WORKING HARD AT. Is he working hard at being a popular guy, or a respected artist, sometimes it's hard to tell. I will say this for FAB atleast he is still getting some kind of attention. People might not like what they know, but atleast they know about him to have to give him a thumbs up or down. And the career suicide wasn't the radio show, it was being so attached to hyphy and what visualy and music wise he represented with the yellow bus movement. Once hyphy turned into a national joke and people saw him with Viking helmets and air brushed overalls...it was a wrap. You can't recover from that kind of first impression. But to his credit, he is trying to undo all of that Yellow Bus Fabby, but the damage is done.
Very true except for the National Joke part....Neither the east or the souf have the nerve to talk about National Jokes cause they got plenty.......

Dec 4, 2006
Do your fucking homework........

Fabby been fucking heavy with heavy hitters and great producers as of lately..

he's over the hyphy phase as well..

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
u only get advance money when u turn your album in.Which i dont think he has done yet.
you dont know what you talking bout. and why is fabs deal and money a topic in a public discussion? do we chop u and you 8.25 an hour taco bell gig up?

i been said this a long time ago. when the fans are worried about soundscans, deal budgets, and how many spins bds or media base is reporting..... THE GAME IS FUCKED.

be a fan. support good music. talk about the music. the fact that fab is walking away with $1,000,000 for him and his company at the very least shouldnt concern you. and should have a baring on weather you think he is dope or he aint.

fab got bread. fab gets money. and fab is solid.

fab is my homie in real life, so before any of the bullshit "get off fab dick" posts... he aint gonna come on here and defend himself, or reason with any of you. so ill just hold my homie down and keep it legit in here.

Oct 29, 2008
you dont know what you talking bout. and why is fabs deal and money a topic in a public discussion? do we chop u and you 8.25 an hour taco bell gig up?

i been said this a long time ago. when the fans are worried about soundscans, deal budgets, and how many spins bds or media base is reporting..... THE GAME IS FUCKED.

be a fan. support good music. talk about the music. the fact that fab is walking away with $1,000,000 for him and his company at the very least shouldnt concern you. and should have a baring on weather you think he is dope or he aint.

fab got bread. fab gets money. and fab is solid.

fab is my homie in real life, so before any of the bullshit "get off fab dick" posts... he aint gonna come on here and defend himself, or reason with any of you. so ill just hold my homie down and keep it legit in here.
lmao taco bell my nigga?Sounds more like yo kinda job than it does mine.But like i was sayin,That shit was career suicide cuz fab said himself that Atlantic aint gon push any singles if it aint gettin spins in your own region 1st.And 94.9 aint playin no real urban rap songs so the only way 2 get real buzz in the bay is to get spins at kmel.I dont give a fuck who he outta Town Kickin it with.Them niggas cant get Von to lift the ban so it means nothin.And u sayin Fab walkin away wit A mill Ticket?LMAO.U niggas need 2 stop.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
please bro. you obviously never leave the bay and aint int he game. kmel dont break no records man. who are you kidding?

fab with snoop traveled the country and and was on every station except kmel and they still did letterman, mtv and some more shit. think before you type.

Dec 2, 2006
Mr. Fab is everything you look for in an artist. Kmel is one of thousands of stations in the world. they cant and wont make or break his career. there are so many avenues to make a dollar in music as an intelligent charasmatic artist other than cd sales.with his skill alone, he can make a living just ghostwriting for the majors, if he isnt already.he is fucking with people that have music careers. you are who your company is. its a matter of time now. just make sure you go out and support him. you cant deny his talent and work ethic, if you do, its plain hatred.