Who will win UFC 97 Chuck"Iceman"Liddell vs Mauricio"Shogun"Rua?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Ufc 97 Redemption Iceman Liddell vs Shogun Rua

• Chuck Liddell via KO

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Chuck Liddell via TKO

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Chuck Liddell via Submission

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chuck Liddell via Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mauricio Rua via KO

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Mauricio Rua via TKO

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Mauricio Rua via Submission

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Mauricio Rua via Decision

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 7, 2006
He only fought 13 different fighters in the UFC before losing his belt. I don't feel that it's necessary to name the top 10 out of 13.
No He fought 15 fighters in th UFC before loosing the belt. Out of the 15 four of the fighters he fought multiple times they are Tito Ortiz, Renato Babalu Sobral and Jeremy horn and Randy Couture who have victories over Chuck.

Name all the fighters that weren't! Point is, in a sport where strength is a key commponent to winning, combined with the absence of drug testing, it is commong sense that there is steroid use.
Just answer the question

Let me just whip out my 2000-2006 UFC LH rankings. Seriously though, I could name around 4-5 (three of which he has fought 2 or 3 times) - that's eliminating those who he beat out of his prime (which really only includes Silva) and those who he fought in Pride. The better question is, of the top 10 fighters that he was matched up against, how many did he beat?
If you can name the top ten fighters he fought in the UFC during his tear then do so.

It doesn't matter if they moved on to intergalactic status, the numbers/sales don't lie.
uhh Yes it does matter because the UFC had no pull out side of the USA like they do now with the UK back then. Sure they were starting to come up but they did not have the money that they have now to get higher quality fighters back then or Sponsers like budwiser, and harley davidson.

Let me hear you say being 40 has no barring on your ability to fight.

Come on. Otherwise your "arguing" for arguments sake.
That not what I said but randy still was able to get the belt at that age.

Jan 10, 2008
Ok so your making all these arguements that Chuck wasnt that great then let me ask you who do you think was?? So what are you pride huggers and Chuck haters going to say after he smashes shogun the pride posterboy out at nearly 40 years old?? Are you kidding me if you dont think at least 80% of pride fighters were on roids that were banned in the UFC you are retarded. They kicked Barnett out of the UFC for that shit. Funny how he had no problems in pride though huh and trust me he didnt stop i went to Ballar high school with dude and i know how he does it.

Jun 19, 2004
I missed putting in my picks on mmaplayground, so I went to bodog.com to play $60 and see what I could come up with. Got an extra $6 so lets see what happens.

6 team parlay

Magalhaes
Chonan
Silva
Cane
MacDonald
Crow

$46 to win $270

3 team Parlay
Leites
Rua
Faupa-Pokam
$20 to win $794 (stupid bet I regret making)

2 team Parlay
Marshal
Rua

$20 to win $85

Feb 7, 2006
So what are you pride huggers and Chuck haters going to say after he smashes shogun the pride posterboy out at nearly 40 years old?? Are you kidding me if you dont think at least 80% of pride fighters were on roids that were banned in the UFC you are retarded.
Now what were you were saying about chuck knocking out Shogun.

Jan 10, 2008
At least i had the balls to back my fighter up you didnt say shit about shogun because you werent to sure were you. I knew this could happen. Shit Chuck still hasnt tapped out has shogun?

Feb 7, 2006
At least i had the balls to back my fighter up you didnt say shit about shogun because you werent to sure were you. I knew this could happen. Shit Chuck still hasnt tapped out has shogun?
Please Chuck got Koed 4:28 in the first round you did not know shit you said an I quote "So what are you pride huggers and Chuck haters going to say after he smashes shogun the pride posterboy out at nearly 40 years old??" and who won the fight. Thats right Shogun

Jan 18, 2006
fuck i hate work... made me miss it.....was it fuckin awesome?
no it wasnt, you didnt miss a damn thing expect Chucks pathetic old beer belly ass attempting to do what he use to do and getting dropped by a punch that would maybe daze most fighters but certainly wouldnt drop them

Jan 10, 2008
Please Chuck got Koed 4:28 in the first round you did not know shit you said an I quote "So what are you pride huggers and Chuck haters going to say after he smashes shogun the pride posterboy out at nearly 40 years old??" and who won the fight. Thats right Shogun
Shogun Rua fighter (savage)
Shogun locc (no life)

Feb 12, 2004
Exactly what I thought would of happened 4 years ago happened in the present. Sho-goon(LIKE BRAZILIANS SAY IT) whooped that ass!! If he continues to take it serious everybody better watch out. Dude has always had the most potential out of anybody in that division.