Who will win UFC 97 Chuck"Iceman"Liddell vs Mauricio"Shogun"Rua?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Ufc 97 Redemption Iceman Liddell vs Shogun Rua

• Chuck Liddell via KO

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Chuck Liddell via TKO

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Chuck Liddell via Submission

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chuck Liddell via Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mauricio Rua via KO

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Mauricio Rua via TKO

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Mauricio Rua via Submission

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Mauricio Rua via Decision

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 12, 2004
Hmm...I had a dream about some tiddies and pussu. I don't recall a time where an MMA fighter ever crossed my mind in La La Land.

Haha !
haha I was fucking around(hence the lol) I was just hoping it would come true. :( Even tho i'm not going to lie i've passed on some pussy to watch some UFC.

UFC/MMA=average once a month
pussy=a phone call away

Feb 7, 2006
The Iceman Talks About The Old Days

On a media teleconference for Saturday's UFC 97, the topic of retirement hung over former UFC light heavyweight Chuck Liddell.

It was against his will, of course. No matter UFC president Dana White's order that Liddell "show him something," he had no intention of retiring any time soon. If he won his title back, maybe.

But he's fighting Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in Montreal on Saturday, and that's all that matters.

"What keeps me motivated?" Liddell asked a reporter. "I love fighting. I get paid a lot of money to do what I love for a living. I don't think there's much motivation past that."

Perhaps for the first time since he hit a rough patch in the division he once ruled, Liddell admitted he was getting older.

"You've got to train smarter," he said. "I think this fight is almost different than the last couple of fights as far as age training goes. A little more warming up."

Gone are the days where he could show up and go.

"I remember when I was twenty-two, you'd walk out and put your gloves on, to warm up for sparring," he continued. "Now, I make sure to get a good fifteen, twenty minute warm-up before I start doing anything."

Rua faces his own questions going into the fight. The former Pride champion was dreadfully out of shape for his UFC 93 appearance against Mark Coleman.

As far as Liddell, he's pretty sure that if he puts Rua to sleep, he'll still have a job on Monday.

"I'm planning on coming out and performing like I normally do, and I plan on coming out and knocking him out so, hopefully that will be enough to keep him interested in me fighting," said Liddell.

Jan 10, 2008
^^^I dont think anybody is saying chuck is the best but noboby has done it like chuck in MMA history. During his run he not only beat the best in the world he smashed them the fuck out his 7 fight KO or TKO streak is unfucwitable and think about it he did it with the same style that has just recently been solved by some of the best fighters in the world. The shitty thing is i want to see both these guys comeback so hopefully it is a great fight and the winner and the loser get there shine.

Feb 12, 2004
^^^I dont think anybody is saying chuck is the best but noboby has done it like chuck in MMA history. During his run he not only beat the best in the world he smashed them the fuck out his 7 fight KO or TKO streak is unfucwitable and think about it he did it with the same style that has just recently been solved by some of the best fighters in the world. The shitty thing is i want to see both these guys comeback so hopefully it is a great fight and the winner and the loser get there shine.
Naw dude Chuck didn't beat the best in the world only the best in the UFC. He lost to Rampage during his run and Wanderlei's 6yr run in Pride was more impressive imo. And if you want to talk about overall MMA history look at Fedor's run which is STILL going. Chuck was good don't get me wrong, but he will never go down as the best 205.

Dec 9, 2005
In the UFC, the biggest stage for MMA in the world, Chuck was the man to beat at 205 for his 16 fight stretch, where he won 15 of those matches.

Can't deny that.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
What's left for Chuck if he loses? Fight Anderson? Or drop down in ranks to fighting the Houstons and Boetsch's?
I guess he could try to go up to HW but he couldn't beat any of the top 5 guys there. This is really do or die for him right now.

Dec 9, 2005
I disagree folks.

Even when Pride was at its peak, even the words Mixed Martial Arts was synonymous with the UFC. In fact, people often get the two terms mixed up, like how people call tissue Kleenex.

Prides fanbase was mostly comprised of people in Japan, and really hardcore MMA followers.

I'm not talking about just hardcore MMA loyalists.

Chuck Liddell is arguably MMA's biggest star ever.

No other face that I can think of in the sport, maybe besides Brock Lesnar now, is more recognized for what they do.

Feb 12, 2004
Chuck Liddell IS MMA's biggest star. But he's not and never was the best 205 fighter on the planet. And the UFC didn't go mainstream the way they are now until after they purchased Pride.

Also if UFC was the biggest stage while Pride was around, why did they send Chuck to Japan? I know sure as hell Dana wouldn't send one of his fighters to Dream or Sengoku now.

Feb 7, 2006
I disagree folks.

Even when Pride was at its peak, even the words Mixed Martial Arts was synonymous with the UFC. In fact, people often get the two terms mixed up, like how people call tissue Kleenex.

Prides fanbase was mostly comprised of people in Japan, and really hardcore MMA followers.

I'm not talking about just hardcore MMA loyalists.

Chuck Liddell is arguably MMA's biggest star ever.

No other face that I can think of in the sport, maybe besides Brock Lesnar now, is more recognized for what they do.
UFC still was not the worlds number 1 org when PRIDE was around hell they could not even afford the fighters that they have now back then. As a matter of fact the UFC was very close to going under if it had not been for the reality tv show the UFC would be gone. World wide PRIDE was still recognized as the number one org not just in Japan But also in Korea, Brazil, Europe ect. I think Fedor is a bigger star in MMA then Chuck and has accomplished far more then Chuck ever has.

Dec 9, 2005
^ Fedor is a virtual unknown to those outside of the fanbase. No doubting his greatness, but Chuck Liddell was the face of MMA, during his reign, and he's still one of the most popular fighters the sport has to offer, despite his recent losses.

That's a fact.

Feb 7, 2006
^ Fedor is a virtual unknown to those outside of the fanbase. No doubting his greatness, but Chuck Liddell was the face of MMA, during his reign, and he's still one of the most popular fighters the sport has to offer, despite his recent losses.

That's a fact.
If Fedor is a virtual unknown like you say with the exception of his fan base then why was a documentary made about him and shown on American TV. A virtual unknown would not have a documentery made about him.