Who will be the better team in 2009? 49ers or Raiders?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Whos gonna have more wins?

• Total voters
Jan 4, 2006
this thread should have stopped with the special teams and TE analysis. since nfc is weaker niners prob gonnna have a better record but hea to head i think the raiders run the ball all over the 9ers.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Actually, niners have a very good run defense, after Sing took over, they were ranked 6th in the league at stopping the run, u wanna talk about running over, Gore would pull a LT on that shitty raider run D

Week 10 Vs Az 46 Total Rush Yards Allowed
Week 11 vs STL 135 Total Rush Yards Allowed
Week 12 vs Dal 74 Total Rush Yards Allowed
Week 13 vs Buf 156 Total Rush Yards Allowed
Week 14 vs NYJ 59 Total Rush Yards Allowed
Week 15 vs MIA 98 Total Rush Yards Allowed
Week 16 vs STL 129 Total Rush Yards Allowed
Week 17 vs WAS 125 Total Rush Yards Allowed

so they went against Edge, Hightower, Jackson, Barber, Felix Jones, Marshawn, Thomas Jones, Ronnie Brown, Jackson again, Portis

And Allowed an avg of 102.75 yards per game, pretty damn good..

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
Lets do it, I honor my bets, folks on here know. We'll figure how you're gonna pay me once the season ends. Reply to confirm! It's a bet if you're ready! RAIDERS!
so sure of yourself. Okay, $100 and loser has to put the opposing teams logo in the avatar all next offseason!

and since your in the bay i can meet you and pick my money up!

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

A classic, which team has more fans or less haters on the siccness thread.

these threads are meaningless...all niner fans are gonna vote for the niners and all raider fans are gonna vote for teh raiders..10+ pages of "your team sucks" "your team sucks more"

Feb 14, 2004
well i have the say that the 9ers are going to be better this season. seems to me they have a better organization right now. i don't think the Raiders are going anywhere any time soon. they barely have a good QB, have no HB, barely any WR's, no D-fence, excpet that one CB. and the 9ers have an alright team right now. 9ers wont win NFC West any time soon, but they'll still be better then the Raiders.

Jan 18, 2006
i think Fargas is solid as fuck and i will stick with that. Mcfadden obviously aint no Adrian Petersen but hes far from a bust. funny thing is thats the position that theres not a problem at all for the raiders. Raiders D i think is capable of being pretty good, hopefully our D-Line can come together. Our offense is obviously work in progress but if the o-line improves and we actually get a receiver thats worth a shit they will do a lot better. The Raiders are headed in the right direction whether the haters will ever acknowledge it or not.

Aug 9, 2006
i think Fargas is solid as fuck and i will stick with that. Mcfadden obviously aint no Adrian Petersen but hes far from a bust. funny thing is thats the position that theres not a problem at all for the raiders. Raiders D i think is capable of being pretty good, hopefully our D-Line can come together. Our offense is obviously work in progress but if the o-line improves and we actually get a receiver thats worth a shit they will do a lot better. The Raiders are headed in the right direction whether the haters will ever acknowledge it or not.
mcfadden is far from bust after his rookie campaign? id beg to differ...not saying he cant turn it around or he wont turn it around but other then the KC game (against one of the worst run ds ever) he didnt do shit other then get injured and stay injured.....

off the body of work he has rite now....mcfadden is damn close to a bust

Jul 9, 2002
You guys saying the Raiders dont have running backs are crazy, Michael Bush toasted Tampa Bay in week 17 for 177 yards including a big 67 yard run. He is runs like Mr Huggy Bear Jr aka Mr looks good running into a wall wishes he could. I'm not sold on Mcfadden but I am sold on Bush, if he continues to run like he did against tampa it wont be long before Fargas is traded or released.