UFC 189: Aldo vs. McGregor

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
works both ways he magically got a piss test thrown away he could have paid a brazilian doctor to say it was fractured
hell yeah he coulda got a Brazilian doc. but i'd take Aldo's word over DW's all day. and the Brazilian piss test doctor was a fake. Aldo took the piss then gave it to the (what he thought was a real) doctor. he didn't hide.

straight up, UFC lost hella money off this fight. Chad Mendes is dope and as an mma fan the fight is a fight. but the audience UFC wants doesn't know who Chad Mendes is. they didn't even know who Aldo was prior to the McGregor hype. Aldo is putting pain in front of a mill or 2 and UFC is just complicating things for their own benefit.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Smash?? no way. In a full camp I'd say he can beat Conor but no way in hell does he smash him. Conor is dangerous in every part of this fight EXCEPT wrestling, if he's able to get conor down over and over again I can see him winning a decision, full camp or not. I think Conor disposes him within 3 rounds.

Props: CZAR and CZAR
Apr 25, 2002
Conor is dangerous in every part of this fight EXCEPT wrestling, if he's able to get conor down over and over again I can see him winning a decision, full camp or not.
McGregor aint good on the ground at all. rasslin' or BJJ. great BJJ can over come great wrestling, and vise versa. some ones getting TKO'd. I don't think it goes all 5 and I don't think McGregor can take a hit like Mendes.

McGregor got great striking skill and hella weapons but his long span leaves him open to get countered. some of his strikes are fast and some are slow leaving him wide open.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Smash?? no way. In a full camp I'd say he can beat Conor but no way in hell does he smash him. Conor is dangerous in every part of this fight EXCEPT wrestling, if he's able to get conor down over and over again I can see him winning a decision, full camp or not. I think Conor disposes him within 3 rounds.
First I'd like to point out I'm a Conor fan and hope he wins, but I've seen nothing in Conor's career so far that says he wouldn't get smashed by Mendes. Conor has one single good win and that was over a ranked 8 Dustin Poirier, a dude that has never even sniffed near a title shot. The Diego Brandao and Dennis Siver fights don't have me convinced, those guys aren't even gatekeepers let alone solid wins.

Meanwhile Chad Mendes has -smashed- every single fighter in the division not named Jose Aldo, that's why he's still ranked #1, even Mendes' decision wins are completely one sided. Mendes has that wrestling that Conor doesn't, plus Mendes hits like a truck, he has legit one punch KO power. We haven't seen Conor's chin tested and Conor likes to throw kicks which most wrestlers of Chad's caliber love, Chad catches one of them kicks Conor goes on his back.

I'm hoping Conor wins so we get to see him and Aldo finally fight, but I think it would have been a rough day for him if Mendes had a full 8-10 weeks to prep.

Apr 25, 2002
Meanwhile Chad Mendes has -smashed- every single fighter in the division not named Jose Aldo, that's why he's still ranked #1, even Mendes' decision wins are completely one sided.
that Aldo vs Mendes II, Aldo did get smashed on, he just won the fight. they both got over on each other. Aldo's octagon interview was the first time he (or his camp) showed love to Alpha Male. and I think that was damn near a little after TJ destroyed Barao. Mendes earned Aldo's respect. there is no way
McGregor will end up with a face like Aldo (vs Mendes II) with out being tko/ko'd.

Apr 25, 2002
this is probably what McGregor's game plan is. a bunch of kicks from everywhere to keep the distance and the occasional fist to really catch him off guard. the problem is I don't think McGregor can handle the beating like Lamas did if he gets hit.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2006
so is this 27 lbs. in a week McGregor has to lose gonna be a problem? If he loses i wonder if he moves up in weight

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
so is this 27 lbs. in a week McGregor has to lose gonna be a problem? If he loses i wonder if he moves up in weight

Conor is the biggest FW out there, he's said numerous times that after he snags Aldo's gold that he was going to move up to LW and get that one too lol. He's so big that he's even talked about going to welterweight. W or L he's going up, its just a matter of when. He still has to fight Jose.