UFC 189: Aldo vs. McGregor

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 10, 2006
July 11, 2015 | MGM Grand Garden Arena | Las Vegas, Nevada

UNKNOWN CARD
Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor
for featherweight title
Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald
for welterweight title
Dennis Bermudez vs. Jeremy Stephens

Heres quite a few posters you can use for this card breh.

Feb 10, 2006
Jose Aldo's interpreter wants UFC fight, says beef with McGregor is real

Saul Almeida, Jose Aldo's interpreter during the UFC 189 World Tour guarantees the animosity between the champion and Conor McGregor is real as they would even stare at each other when no cameras were around.

You may remember him from the UFC 189 World Tour. He was the man sitting next to Jose Aldo during all the press conferences and translating questions for the champion, but Saul Almeida is more than a mere interpreter.

A seasoned mixed martial artist with a 17-5 record at the ripe age of 25, Almeida cherishes many fond memories of the tour. His favorite one? When he told Aldo to call himself the king in front of the Dublin fans, as it was reported by Combate.

"At the Dublin conference, I was up there with Aldo and I told him he was the king and that he should say that right off the bat. As soon as the first question was asked, he said that. That's when McGregor went crazy and snatched his belt. He let it all go in that last conference, he said everything. We were laughing and talking about a bunch of things while sitting there, between questions. We thought the fans were already pretty drunk because of the things they were saying. They were crazy".

Although Aldo lost his cool for a while when Conor grabbed his belt, Almeida says that's water under the bridge. He guarantees none of that bothers the champion anymore.

"I felt Aldo was really mad, but that's normal. McGregor is crazy, he talks too much. He's just selling the fight and doing his thing. Aldo is a very professional guy, he doesn't care about what Conor says. He keeps to himself, but sometimes it gets annoying. He is the greatest champion in the world, though, he's been through this before, not like this, but he knows how to behave and do his job. The animosity is true, though, they really don't like each other. They both want to show they are better than the other when the day comes, but Aldo is and will remain the champion. I can tell the beef is real because even away from the cameras they would stare at each other in the hallways, there's something with those two".

With his own bout coming up later this Friday at WSOF 20, against Chris Foster, Saul says the trips didn't affect his training much and feels ready for the fight. He also dreams of getting in the UFC and wants to get in touch with Dana White to do it.

"I was always training, the trip didn't bother me at all. I was mainly worrying about my conditioning, but after a few sessions, I saw I was fine. I didn't steer away from my diet and I got to train with the champion. I will win and see what comes next. After this victory, I will personally call Dana and see what we can do. I have been tested by many tough fighters, some who are fighting for the UFC, so I think the time is now."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/4/1...r-mcgregor-beef-real-ufc-189-wsof-20-mma-news

Feb 10, 2006
Matt Brown vs. Tim Means added to UFC 189

UFC 189 continues to grow with the announcement of a welterweight fight between Matt Brown (19-13 MMA, 12-7 UFC) and Tim Means (24-6-1 MMA, 6-3 UFC). The fight was announced during America’s Pregame on Fox Sports 1.

UFC 189 takes place July 11 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.

Original plans for the event linked Brown to a bout with Nate Diaz. After the bout fell the hunt for Brown’s opponent led to Means.

Brown has suffered back-to-back losses after a seven-fight winning streak had him on the verge of a title shot. A title eliminator loss to Robbie Lawler at UFC on FOX 12 served as a setback after five consecutive KO wins. Brown dropped a unanimous decision against Johny Hendricks in his most recent outing.

Means has been on a run, winning four consecutive bouts. Three of those four wins have come since December. Means submitted George Sullivan this past Saturday at UFC on FOX 15. That fight came less than two months after a first round TKO of Diego Lima.

With the addition, UFC 189 now includes:
•Champ Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor – for featherweight title
•Champ Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald – for welterweight title
•Dennis Bermudez vs. Jeremy Stephens
•John Hathaway vs. Gunnar Nelson
•Brandon Thatch vs. John Howard
•Alex Garcia vs. Mike Swick
•Matt Brown vs. Tim Means
•Henry Briones vs. Cody Garbrandt

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Conor McGregor
Today I hit Las Vegas with my coach John and my entire team from Ireland. My team since day 1. This is the evolution of fight preparation.

I have secured myself and my team a 7 bedroom, 12,000 square foot gated estate, just off the Las Vegas strip

Apr 25, 2002
people (not in this video) give too much dap to McGregor over Poirier. McGregor hit Poirier in back of the head (I dont think on purpose) to drop him then landed another obvious shot in back of Poirier's head when he was grounded. Brock Lesnar, off bat, got docked a point for that in his first fight against Mir. ref stopped the damn fight for it.

not surprised this isn't an official UFC video. I bet they hate this shit.

Feb 10, 2006
Word is that Jose Aldo has suffered a broken rib from a spinning kicc in a sparring session this morning, Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccc!!!!

Feb 10, 2006
So far @ this time now the word is that Aldo wants to fight his team and ufc want him too but the doctors are hesitant to clear him. Saying he needs 6 weeks to recover from it while the fight is 19 days out. Shit!! Word is Frankie Edgar is closest to step in. Bermudez has tweeted and said he wants to fight Conor as well. Looks like we'll be getting Robbie and Rory main event after all.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Word is that Jose Aldo has suffered a broken rib from a spinning kicc in a sparring session this morning, Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccc!!!!
Whoever was throwing full contact spinning shit at Aldo's ribs during sparring needs to get dragged out in the alley behind the gym and stomped out by the entire team. A fucking sparring partner might have just killed the biggest fight in the last couple of years and easily Aldo's biggest pay day.

Even if Aldo fights with the hurt rib it puts an asterisk on the fight if Conor wins since Aldo would basically have to stop all training right now and lay in bed until fight time.

Apr 25, 2002
Edgar tweeted he's down. Makes the most sence in every aspect. Its obvious if DW dont put him in then they're tryna prorect McGregor. McGregor should just call out Edgar and not give UFC an option.