UFC 189: Aldo vs. McGregor

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
So i didn't catch it. What's all the controversy about? What happened?
There was no controversy, some people on the internet hate McGregor, didn't want him to win, and are calling fix because a short notice Chad Mendes gassed out and got dropped with a clean left after holding McGregor down on the ground for most of round 2. It's stupid as hell.

Feb 10, 2006
Conor and Uriah are set to do the next TUF(will not fight at the end) deserving for Conor imo. He's been fighting and promoting his ass off lately he deserves a little rest. Rumor is that Conor and Aldo will unify in January 2016. I was going to post my reactions and thoughts abouth the fights a few days ago but with all this fuccery about fixing and working fights drew me away.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
There was no controversy, some people on the internet hate McGregor, didn't want him to win, and are calling fix because a short notice Chad Mendes gassed out and got dropped with a clean left after holding McGregor down on the ground for most of round 2. It's stupid as hell.
Good lookin. I'll see if I can catch a replay or download and see what happened.

Feb 10, 2006
Good lookin. I'll see if I can catch a replay or download and see what happened.

It was a really good fight, chad came out blastin Conor with overhand rights and conor came out with nice kiccs to the body and good punches to the body. Chad took him down a few times and cut with a smashing elbow but he couldn't keep him there. with the work to the body accumulating chad became gassed and that's when McGregor tuned it up even more and hit him with a big left with seconds to go in the round and that's when Herb jumped in when Chad curled up.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
It was a really good fight, chad came out blastin Conor with overhand rights and conor came out with nice kiccs to the body and good punches to the body. Chad took him down a few times and cut with a smashing elbow but he couldn't keep him there. with the work to the body accumulating chad became gassed and that's when McGregor tuned it up even more and hit him with a big left with seconds to go in the round and that's when Herb jumped in when Chad curled up.
I heard it was an early stoppage. Was the stoppage legit?

Feb 10, 2006
I heard it was an early stoppage. Was the stoppage legit?

at first I thought so, because Herb Dean is known for that but after seeing the replay and seeing how conor connected on him I can say it was slightly fair. I say that because there was literally a few seconds left could've went either way. Chad did nothing to prolong the fight tho.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Conor and Uriah are set to do the next TUF(will not fight at the end) deserving for Conor imo. He's been fighting and promoting his ass off lately he deserves a little rest. Rumor is that Conor and Aldo will unify in January 2016. I was going to post my reactions and thoughts abouth the fights a few days ago but with all this fuccery about fixing and working fights drew me away.
I heard they're having Faber coach in case Aldo gets hurt again, because they don't want Conor having to face Frankie any time soon

Feb 10, 2006
I heard they're having Faber coach in case Aldo gets hurt again, because they don't want Conor having to face Frankie any time soon

filming already starts next week for this tho. Conor is the one injured and WILL need to heal/rest up first. That's my guess as to why they want him to be a coach. its debut is on 9/9.

@ufc said:

BREAKING: Next season of @UltimateFighter coaches: T @theNO toriousMMA and @UrijahFaber!
#TeamMcGregor vs #TeamFaber

It will be lightweights with team USA coach by Faber vs. team Europe coached by McGregor

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
aldo >

I would've actually considered paying to watch if aldo didn't get hurt
mcgregor didn't earn the belt yet
from what I heard, everything from the undercards to the main event was dope af tho

May 2, 2015
filming already starts next week for this tho. Conor is the one injured and WILL need to heal/rest up first. That's my guess as to why they want him to be a coach. its debut is on 9/9.
Conor said in a post fight interview that he went through worse injuries than Aldo during his training camp and basically called Aldo a pussy for pulling out of the fight with such late notice. I tend to agree with him. So it's obvious he needs the time off to heal. It's just another promo opportunity for him anyway. It will be entertaining.

Apr 25, 2002
Conor said in a post fight interview that he went through worse injuries than Aldo during his training camp and basically called Aldo a pussy for pulling out of the fight with such late notice.
I heard McGregor say that in a few interviews, but he never addressed what the actual injuries were. he's talking out his ass. no one is 100% going into a fight, since your job is to have your body punished from head to toe, but obviously some injuries are worse than others.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I heard McGregor say that in a few interviews, but he never addressed what the actual injuries were. he's talking out his ass. no one is 100% going into a fight, since your job is to have your body punished from head to toe, but obviously some injuries are worse than others.
There have been rumors for a long time that McGregor had been getting stem cells injected in to his knee for the entire camp cause his knee was so shredded. Who knows though.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
any spot i can catch the replay?
Movietube is where I watched it.

IMHO the stoppage was at that fine line mark. I can see why the ref did it but I also think he didn't give him enough time when he was on the ground guarding. But he took a BIG shot so it's best to protect the fighter. And it was his fault that he got caught. They both look winded but he should have kept his distance.