**The Official SF Giants Off-Season Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 5, 2006
Good shit, got the email straight from the horse's mouth lol.

In another move that was expected but might carry some emotional weight, the Giants cut ties with popular but injured pitcher Noah Lowry by declining his $6.25 million club option for 2010 and placing him on outright waivers.

They also outrighted long reliever Justin Miller. Like Lowry, Miller can become a free agent.

Jan 5, 2006
If Lowry comes back.. a big IF, that would mean, Lincecum, Cain, Zito, Penny and Lowry.. that's a nice rotation. We should be able to re-sign penny for cheap

I hope we drastically improve the fuckin offense tho.

Jan 18, 2006
Is Johnson retiring? What about Sanchez, that foo' is solid now. I just hope there expectations are a lot higher now that its very possible for the Giants to make the playoffs.

Jan 5, 2006
Hensley "Bam Bam" Meulens, our new hitting coach. Promoted from within our system, Fresno Grizzlies.

Meulens spent the past season as the triple-A hitting coach for the Fresno Grizzlies, guiding the team to the sixth-highest batting avg. in the Pacific Coast League with a .275 mark. Two of the Grizzlies' batters placed in the top 10 for highest batting avg. in the PCL with John Bowker leading the league with a .342 clip and Jesus Guzman placing fifth with a .321 mark. After the minor league season concluded, he joined the Giants and worked as an assistant during September.

"We are excited to promote someone of Hensley's baseball background to the big league club," Sabean said. "He will be a great asset to the team as we look to improve our run scoring production with both our existing major league hitters as well as the young talent we have coming up from our minor league system. Hensley brings a unique perspective to the game with his playing time in the majors, Latin America and Japan as well as his coaching work with a number of major league organizations. He distinguished himself as a coach this past season in spring training, with Fresno and here with the big league club in September, and we look for him to get underway immediately with our hitters this off-season."

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Ive been looking for more news on the Angel Villalona murder suspect thing...i guess he turned himself in, so that would lead me to believe he did it? i know it was in september but there should be somewhat of an update...