The Official Seattle Mariners Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Washburn looked good tonight but just got tattooed all of a sudden for a few batters, looked like he was missing the arm-side target and leaving it over the plate.

Good win for the Mariners, Texas had lost 7 in a row but immediately turned it around the 1st game of their homestand, tonight had a similar feel to it for the Mariners.

Feb 17, 2008
im bout to stop paying attention to baseball. this is fucking sad. fucking mariners. i have been a fan since i can remember.....all they do is disappoint. they better turn this season around....now!

Apr 25, 2002
im bout to stop paying attention to baseball. this is fucking sad. fucking mariners. i have been a fan since i can remember.....all they do is disappoint. they better turn this season around....now!
Batista was straight horseshit tonight. I know he threw well his last time out, but I'm never impressed when I see him pitch. Same old patterns, FB & backdoor SLs to left handed hitters (w/ the occasional shitty floater change) and FB & SLs low and away to right handed hitters.

PS Josh Hamilton is really really good, I am still surprised Texas was able to get him from Cincinnati (I know Cincinnati's guy Edison Volquez is pitching well, but he won't be close to the player Hamilton will be for the next 5 years).

Apr 25, 2002
Hamilton has drug issues not to long aog, and turned his life around by finding "god". It worked wonders for him, even though i still think its silly. Whatever.
He is definitely a big JC guy, his hitting song here is a very Christian song. A lot of big league ballplayers roll this way, and I think the percentage of recovering drug addicts who roll this way is considerably higher than the percentage in the general population. Shouldn't really surprise you too much.

I've never been through a drug issue myself, but for whatever reason it seems to work for people across the board (from urban blacks all the way to country white boys like Hamilton).

Apr 25, 2002
Padilla is throwing the ball great right now, but he's not this good. In the key 7th inning, he threw 15 consecutive FBs but our hitters were not handling it.

15 consecutive fastballs, that shouldn't be happening w/ the starting pitcher in the 7th inning.

Very bad loss for Seattle, good win for Texas.

Mar 24, 2006
Padilla is throwing the ball great right now, but he's not this good. In the key 7th inning, he threw 15 consecutive FBs but our hitters were not handling it.

15 consecutive fastballs, that shouldn't be happening w/ the starting pitcher in the 7th inning.

Very bad loss for Seattle, good win for Texas.
thats how i felt when Sidney Ponson looked like a HOF against my Royals a week or so ago, shit was pissin' me off.

Apr 25, 2002
thats how i felt when Sidney Ponson looked like a HOF against my Royals a week or so ago, shit was pissin' me off.
He's also throwing the ball well, don't feel too bad b/c he's done it to Minnesota and Seattle since then.

By the way, Ramon Ramirez has some absolutely filthy shit for you guys. FB 93-95 mph, a very tight SL and a CH that falls downwards like it's a split. The night I saw him his command was excellent, thus he was unhittable, but I know that's not always the case w/ his control. If he throws it near (doesn't have to be exact) where he wants it, he'll be one of the best setup guys in baseball.

Greinke is filthy, everybody knows that. I'm still not too high on Bannister though, he's a little too reliant on that cut fastball on the outer half of the plate to right handed hitters, people will figure him out, he's certainly not in the class of Greinke and probably not Meche or Hoch either, although I know his numbers have been good.

Some people I know feel B-But is a future batting champion. You've got reason to be optimistic. I don't like how Hoch isn't bringing the real power shit anymore, he's down to 90-93 not where he was as an amateur.

Mar 24, 2006
nice observations there panther...lol

my royals are just not scoring any runs for our pitching staff whatsoever at the moment...excluding tonight when we jumped on Weaver early.

ramirez was rocked a couple nights ago in the top of the 9th with the score being 0-0 and we ended up losing 4-0, other then that he has looked good. bannister on the other hand is just missing his spots especially in hitters counts. greinke is the man right now, im liking how he is finally trusting his stuff and getting high K numbers.

once Butler gets locked in he completely smashes the ball hard to all fields, its just a matter of time before he starts hitting for power and i cant wait. Gordon started off somewhat hot to start the season and slowly began to cool down but he has been turning it on as of late, same goes for Guillen. he went 3-3 with some walks tonight.

in a couple of years my royals will be up there with the best of the AL i think, especially with the way our owner has finally decided to open up the wallet and pay/offer top tier guys decent money, Dayton Moore is the key for this teams turnaround and its just now starting to come to light.

May 9, 2002
Well, the M's are now the worst team in the AL, 3rd worst team in the majors. They are one of the worst hitting teams in several categories and id the 6th worst defensive team with 26 errors. Even our pitching is in the latter half of the stats in the league.

GO Hawks?

Apr 25, 2002
nice observations there panther...lol

my royals are just not scoring any runs for our pitching staff whatsoever at the moment...excluding tonight when we jumped on Weaver early.

ramirez was rocked a couple nights ago in the top of the 9th with the score being 0-0 and we ended up losing 4-0, other then that he has looked good. bannister on the other hand is just missing his spots especially in hitters counts. greinke is the man right now, im liking how he is finally trusting his stuff and getting high K numbers.

once Butler gets locked in he completely smashes the ball hard to all fields, its just a matter of time before he starts hitting for power and i cant wait. Gordon started off somewhat hot to start the season and slowly began to cool down but he has been turning it on as of late, same goes for Guillen. he went 3-3 with some walks tonight.

in a couple of years my royals will be up there with the best of the AL i think, especially with the way our owner has finally decided to open up the wallet and pay/offer top tier guys decent money, Dayton Moore is the key for this teams turnaround and its just now starting to come to light.
And Kaufman is getting a mini-face lift pretty soon too, right? That will be cool as long as they preserve the grass and fountains beyond the OF walls.

Apr 25, 2002
Well, the M's are now the worst team in the AL, 3rd worst team in the majors. They are one of the worst hitting teams in several categories and id the 6th worst defensive team with 26 errors. Even our pitching is in the latter half of the stats in the league.

GO Hawks?
And Richie Sexson just charged the mound for absolutely no reason, injuring the Rangers SP.

Apr 25, 2002
It's getting crazy enough now that there is a decent chance there are some major personnel changes, i.e. the manager and maybe even the GM.

I know those moves would make a lot of fans happy.

May 11, 2002
Bavasi will be gone soon, at least by next season. I wouldnt be surprised if they trade for Griffey to get attendance up. They need a new DH. Vidro is batting 196 or some shit.