The Official Seattle Mariners Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 10, 2008
RIP John Marzano. I remember when he rolled up paul o'neill at home plate in the kingdome. Paul thought he could man handle this little catcher and got flipped on his ass.

Apr 25, 2002
RIP John Marzano. I remember when he rolled up paul o'neill at home plate in the kingdome. Paul thought he could man handle this little catcher and got flipped on his ass.
Seriously RIP.

I sat on a bus w/ him on the way to the airport in Nashville in December, he's a real dude.

And yeah I do remember when he beat the shit out of Paul O'Neil, that was awesome. I also remember a 13 or 14 pitch AB against a young Bartolo Colon back in the Kingdome, that he finished by roping a ball up the middle for a base hit.

May 9, 2002
It sucks that Feliz didnt gret the win last night...he was just a hair off and it showed. back-to-back 20+ pitch innings in the 1st and 2nd didnt help at all.

On another note, Rhodes has looked way solid so far...this could be an unexpected blessing for us, as our bullpen is terrible right now.

ANd thank "god" Putz is BACK!

May 9, 2002
FUckin offense couldnt score for Silva...surprise, surprise.

Are we going to be a .500 team this year? I guess thats what happens when you trade bullpen for starting...you dont get very far from last year when we had bullpen and LITTLE starting pitching: its an even trade off that doesnt help us win anymore games.

Apr 25, 2002
Way way way too early to be seriously evaluating the trade.

Relief pitchers are replaceable.

Whether it was a good deal / bad deal will not be decided by George Sherrill, it will be decided by Adam Jones & Erik Bedard.

May 9, 2002
My point is, our bullpen is ragged this year, and it was the most sturdy thing we had last year. This year, our starting pitching is solid, but our bullpen is fuckin up. That is called "equaling eachother out"

O'Flaherty forgot how to pitch, Lowe is gettin rocked, Green isnt get used much, Rhodes actually looks promising, RRS needs more IP...

And going 1-4 to the Orioles is NOT acceptable, period.

Jan 10, 2008
I here ya with the Orioles beating us 4-1 but We really havent got to reep the beneftit of Bedard yet. He is way to young to just fall off so he must be injured and he has been durable in the past. I assume there is nothing serious wrong or we wouldnt have traded for him but you never know.

Feb 17, 2008
dude...mike morse done for the season? sweet. i think that is a serious injury, morse showed a lot of promise this season, i dont think wilkerson can get it done on a regular basis, the two of them switching off would have benefited both of them greatly. i would have liked to see morse grow. our offense is terrible right now. richie putting that kind of swing on a ball at the end of a game? really? that spelled pop up from the beginning. as far as the pitching...i agree that the switch off canceled each other out. it has shown this whole (still early) season. i just dont think from what i have seen that our bullpen can hold anything, whether it be stopping the bleeding in a loss, and helping the starter out, or in a lead of any kind. i see great things coming from felix hernandez, he has done his thing coming out every night. i really hope bedard will be the pitcher we all thought he would be for us. those two guys will give us a real good chance of winning every night they pitch. if someone else besides raul ibanez on the offense can produce, we have a good shot of winning this division.

Jan 10, 2008
I agree with you but bottom line is were not scroing enouogh runs priod so many of these games we lost buy only a couple runs. We have to get a left handed power hitter/ outfielder like Jr or Thome. I dont know who else is available at the midpoint but the mariners have to get somebody. We might get to the playoffs but we wont go anywhere.

Feb 17, 2008
I agree with you but bottom line is were not scroing enouogh runs priod so many of these games we lost buy only a couple runs. We have to get a left handed power hitter/ outfielder like Jr or Thome. I dont know who else is available at the midpoint but the mariners have to get somebody. We might get to the playoffs but we wont go anywhere.
true....can anybody imagine barry bonds? lol i cant but he is still out there. oh for sure we wont go anywhere....we do have raul...hes been hittin the ball pretty well lately. but you are exactly right that we cant score runs. ichiro will come into his own...once he hits his stride our offense should pick up, at least a little bit. if the bottom of our lineup can get on base he can drive them in. fuck...why not throw ichiro in the number 3 spot, let lopez leadoff with beltre 2nd...have ichiro try to get some production? just throwing around ideas you know, because you are right we need something to ignite this offense

Sep 4, 2002
true....can anybody imagine barry bonds? lol i cant but he is still out there. oh for sure we wont go anywhere....we do have raul...hes been hittin the ball pretty well lately. but you are exactly right that we cant score runs. ichiro will come into his own...once he hits his stride our offense should pick up, at least a little bit. if the bottom of our lineup can get on base he can drive them in. fuck...why not throw ichiro in the number 3 spot, let lopez leadoff with beltre 2nd...have ichiro try to get some production? just throwing around ideas you know, because you are right we need something to ignite this offense
did you just say you would be willing to pick up B double.... very unlike you

Feb 17, 2008
did you just say you would be willing to pick up B double.... very unlike you
lol no....i said i CANT imagine him on the team, im just saying that we need something to happen for our offense...i fucking hate the guy ....but shit if he came in and helped us win? i dunno...id probably still hate him as a person....for having no soul...

Apr 25, 2002
My point is, our bullpen is ragged this year
False.

Change "is" to "has been" and you've got yourself a true.

It is April 24, we're the equivalent of 2 games into an NFL season. The sample is not big enough to truly evaluate.

And going 1-4 to the Orioles is NOT acceptable, period.
Doesn't matter, there have been numerous examples where a division winner lost the season series to cellar dwellers. No matchup against an out of division opponent (where you're only playing them once at home and once away) matters that much in determining the fate of a season.

The moral to everybody, it's baseball, it's a marathon.

The bullpen isn't bad, it has been bad. You wouldn't have told me Tampa Bay or Oakland's bullpens were good in March, but by calling the Mariners bullpen bad, you're also calling Tampa Bay and Oakland's good (they're 1 and 2 in AL bullpen ERA).

Too early, it's baseball.

Jan 10, 2008
Son of a Bitch this was a tough one. I know mac was thrown out of the game at this point but i think they should have brought in Morrow in the 7th against Adam jones with the bases loaded and 2 outs.. He blew him away the day before and that really was the difference in this game. IMO