-=The Official San Francisco Giants Thread=-

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 25, 2005
thanks for the link. i did a quick read and what i got out of it makes no sense. especially in their SS example.........

Furcal and Jeter are HORRIBLE on defense and Everett is Supurb?????

Bill Hall is a great SS? i guessw thats why he is a BACKUP SS and at times starts at 3B and OF

Jeter is the equivilant of Angel Berroa????

they have Furcal and Jeter with negative plays made outside their range? what do they classify as their range foul line to foul line?

i have personally seen furcal field ground balls in the left field (5.5 hole) and throw the runner out SEVERAL TIMES...........same thing with Jeter who is always on webgems making great leap throwing palys.

i think this Zone system is flawed.........nothing better than seeing the players play with your own eyes..............

IMO if a SS goes out of a "generic" zone and fields half the balls and makes cant field the ball on the other half that is alote better than your no range shortstop that fields every ball 10 feet in any direction.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Interesting stat for Barry Zito "Zito is 97-5 when given four or more runs of support". Wow too bad he's on the wrong team for run support lol.

Sep 25, 2005
i thought ide dig up some oldies but goodies

I'm anxious to see Velez get some playing time. I heard he's extremely fast, some say faster than Reyes.
where is velez?

04-01-2008, 12:28 AM

Id rather go with outfield roberts, rowand, lewis.. and then castillo, vizquel (when hes back) velez and aurilia as the infield.. and bengie at catcher.. we'll have speed and somewhat some hitting.
wow, no winn?

04-08-2008, 02:06 PM

They need to DFA Aurilia and bring up Brett Harper so he can platoon with Ortmeier at First....he might even win the job outright...
harper and ortmier?

04-08-2008, 04:51 PM

3B should be Justin Leone's job...
leone? ok???

04-09-2008, 01:37 PM

They called up Clay Timpner from Fresno yesterday...
and that is who?

04-09-2008, 02:36 PM

why isnt Shierholtz getting PT? Wasnt he hitting .380 in the limited games he played last year? He looks like a legit contact hitter from what I've seen
finally i good post about a possible good prospect

04-09-2008, 03:01 PM

Man Shierholtz to me has the potential to be Matt Holliday with Less Power. SERIOUSLY!

Our Outfield show be LF Shierholtz, CF Rajai Davis, RF Winn. Man I still can't get over the fact they signed Sabean. LOL dudes a Joke. He went from being the best GM from 2000-2003, to the Worse
Matt Holliday....now that an exaggeration.......but then agin 2-0-9 wanted Raja davis as a starter......................

04-09-2008, 03:33 PM

they should bring up Villalona already and see what he can do..................and at 18 years old he's 6'3" 210lbs with 30+ homer potential
thats was crazy..............

04-14-2008, 11:21 PM

Man I wish there were more Knowledgable giants Fans, no offense. But this season is very interesting.

Our Line-up should be

1. Freddy Lewis LF
2. Velez 2b
3. John Bowker RF
4. Rowand CF
5. Bengie Molases LOL Molina C
6. Ortmeier/Aurilia Harper
7. Castillo/Frandsen(DL for the rest of the year) 3b
8. SS Vizquel/Bocock
the sad thing is only lewis might stick as a role player/starter in the future but not a difference maker..........the other prospects are not worth mentioning.

04-15-2008, 11:12 AM

And bring up Brian Horwitz, we'll have basically 3 John Bowkers with power
horowits????? 3 jon bowkers....the pitchers of the world better watch out with 3 of that guy!

04-15-2008, 01:53 PM

Dude no offense, but Nate Schierholtz doesn't have nearly as much Power as Bowker has, and Brian Horwitz? Dude is average.
Nate S. is byfar the better of the three you mentioned.

I wouldn't mind having an Outfield of Nate LF, Bowker RF and Lewis CF. Bowker is on a different plateau than those two names you mentioned.
your right, Bowker is on a differnt plateau than those other two.......those other2 can stick as everyday starters and Bowker wont. he is way beneath them

Nate Schierholtz is more of a 2 hitter, last season he hit nothing but singles.......................He has Gap and Warning Track power that's about it.
hehe, Nate S. has power that will develope. he is like a James Loney in the OF, but not as good........................

04-19-2008, 04:05 PM

There is no way Correia goes back to the bullpen...he's way more consistent than Sanchez...
lol, like i always have said correia is no more than a journyman

04-24-2008, 12:29 PM

i liked him. i preferred him (RAJA DAVIS) over fred lewis this year.

i guess i like whoever the giants acquire from the pirates; barry, schmidt and rajai davis
wow, this guy really knows his baseball!!

04-25-2008, 05:02 PM

But I'm kinda high on Sanchez, dude is like Randy Johnson with a smaller frame.
ya, there we go compare him to a Future 1st ballot HOF'er

04-29-2008, 08:11 AM

another shut out victory! that makes 12 shut outs this year in less than 30 games! if we keep this pace we will set all kind of shut out records!
THEY MUST HAVE GONE BACKWARDS BECAUSE AS OF 8/18/08 THEY ONLY HAVE 9 SHUTOUTS IN 124 GAMES PLAYED
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8