-=The Official San Francisco Giants Thread=-

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
where is velez?

wow, no winn?

harper and ortmier?

leone? ok???

and that is who?

finally i good post about a possible good prospect

Matt Holliday....now that an exaggeration.......but then agin 2-0-9 wanted Raja davis as a starter......................

thats was crazy..............

the sad thing is only lewis might stick as a role player/starter in the future but not a difference maker..........the other prospects are not worth mentioning.

horowits????? 3 jon bowkers....the pitchers of the world better watch out with 3 of that guy!

Nate S. is byfar the better of the three you mentioned.

your right, Bowker is on a differnt plateau than those other two.......those other2 can stick as everyday starters and Bowker wont. he is way beneath them

hehe, Nate S. has power that will develope. he is like a James Loney in the OF, but not as good........................

lol, like i always have said correia is no more than a journyman

wow, this guy really knows his baseball!!

ya, there we go compare him to a Future 1st ballot HOF'er

THEY MUST HAVE GONE BACKWARDS BECAUSE AS OF 8/18/08 THEY ONLY HAVE 9 SHUTOUTS IN 124 GAMES PLAYED
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=8
You do realize that those posts were made just after ST...situations can change greatly (as they have throughout the season)...

Sep 25, 2005
yes, i know that.......and thats why i posted them......you guys (most giants fans here) are clamoring for the old guys to go away, but a team can only afford to do that when there are good new guys waiting for their chance.

i think we i posted about this a week ago. when i stated that there were no standouts in the minors for the giants (AAA and AA). this was just a way to show you guys good numbers in minors doesnt translate to being a good MLB player....

when kind of drove me to do this last night was (other than being bored out my mind) a point i was trying to make awhile back............a good MiLB player doesnt automatically make him a good MLB prospect.

Jan 5, 2006
thats why we try them out at the MLB level see how they do.. then if they dont do too good we send them back down to work on their stuff and come back up a better player, example: Ishikawa.

Sep 12, 2002
Nate Schierholtz isnt up because he is out of options. He must stick with SF GIANT or he will put on waivers. they should let him play 2 more years in minors until Winn contract is up and then bring him up and hopefully he will ready. That what happened with todd linden, when giants thought he was ready for majors.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
Nate Schierholtz isnt up because he is out of options. He must stick with SF GIANT or he will put on waivers. they should let him play 2 more years in minors until Winn contract is up and then bring him up and hopefully he will ready. That what happened with todd linden, when giants thought he was ready for majors.
Schierholtz is NOT out of option years yet....