-=The Official San Francisco Giants Thread=-

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
So Bochy didn't pull his ass out early this time??? I wonder what Ralph said on his show today.
He had only thrown 96 pitches through 7 innings...he threw a lot of pitches in the first two innings(41), but he had a 4 pitch 3rd inning and from there was able to keep his pitch count down...

Sep 25, 2005
He had only thrown 96 pitches through 7 innings

thats alote for a kid his size, that throws that hard.

yaya, i know you guys have said it 1000 times "he never ices down, his arm is sound" and will continue to say it again, many 22-26 year olds have sound arms. icing down isnt bad and it doesnt indicate that a kid has a bad arm.

my response was because Rekz said "only threw 96 pitches". 96 pitches for a guy like Lincicum is more taxing on an arm that say 115 pitches on Josh Becketts arm.................you guys better trade him while he is a hot comodity because once his arm goes so will his velocity and his usefullness.

but then again there is a slight chance he can be like Pedro and give you guys 10 good years.

but with the mindset of "just 96 pitches", which indicates a desire to have left him in longer, will come a higher probablilty of injury. he shouldbe on 80-90 pitch counts and NEVER exceeding 100 pitches, especially because he is a high risk for injury and because the Giants have no shot at winning anything this year and for the next few years.

his mechanics are very unsound. that wont help him much.

i just hope that the current management team doesnt have the same mindset as the casual SF Giants fans or they might just run the poor kid into the ground so fast that in 5 years no1 will even remember his name.

Jan 5, 2006
he has shown his durability so far, his mechanics are tailored especially for someone his size, he has thrown 103 mph and consistant mid to high 90 mph pitches in late innings with high pitch counts. Sure he should be kept a close eye on, but the first sign of any trouble.. like arm tightness or anything it should be turned down a notch.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
LA Dodgers said:
you guys better trade him while he is a hot comodity because once his arm goes so will his velocity and his usefullness.
Jason Schmidt, anyone? That was a great signing by you guys!

his mechanics are very unsound. that wont help him much.
His mechanics may be uncommon, but they're not unsound. Here's a good breakdown/analysis of his mechanics:

http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/files/mechanics/discussion/controlled_fury_tim_lincecum/

LA Dodgers said:
i just hope that the current management team doesnt have the same mindset as the casual SF Giants fans or they might just run the poor kid into the ground so fast that in 5 years no1 will even remember his name.
The Giants have a good track record of developing pitchers and will not endanger the future, they have a specific development plan for Lincecum and seem to be following it (they shut him down last year, and may do so later in the season).

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
manny is killing me. he was one of my favorite players ever until he became a dodger and now i have no choice but to hate him. i pray he leave l.a. after this year and i will at least be able to root for him at some point down the line........ it is in my blood to hate the dodgers. and they are making it real tough on me, always signing giants that i like and now one of my favorite players in manny.

fuck the dodgers! and i would say fuck la as a whole buck i have a soft spot for the lakers and for roscoes chicken and waffles on pico and le brea and the one off of sunset, so i will just stick with fuck the dodgers.

Sep 25, 2005
Jason Schmidt, anyone? That was a great signing by you guys!
45 million down the toilet on Schmidt. go ahead and combine ALL of our down the toilet money and Zito ($126 million) will still surpass it by himself!!!

oh ya and at least Schmidt isnt out there killing us every 5 days.

coletti is slowly learning the dodger way and making better (Sabean/Giants) moves with every month that passes. plus not dumb enough to give out more than 3 years to any player.

The Giants have a good track record of developing pitchers and will not endanger the future, they have a specific development plan for Lincecum and seem to be following it (they shut him down last year, and may do so later in the season).
will you please inform us as to what that "specific development plan for Lincecum" is? i mean if its specific than it must be out in print somewhere, right?

i wont even go to position players because they have had NONE. and the few pitchers they had (Williams, Ainsworth) they ran into the ground and others were given away (Liriano and Nathan). Who have the Giants developed in the past 10 years other than Cain and Lincicum?

and there wasnt much development of lincicum since he was MLB ready out of the draft or do you mean to tell me they (Giants) worked miracles in the 2 months he spent in AAA

Mar 18, 2003
They better not pull Lincecum I have him right behind Webb for the Cy Young. Well actually I have him ahead because the only thing Webb has on him is the +4 wins and much of that can be attributed to the Giants poor offense. But as we all know too much emphasis is put on wins rather than ERA and Strikeouts, etc.