The Official Oakland Raiders 2012 Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
we dont have defense. defense wins championships.
not necessarily breh. people always say that, but look at last year, neither of those were good defenses. The Giants stepped it up towards the end of the year, but statistically both teams were at the bottom of the league

New Orleans won it with a bottom of the league defense a couple years ago

I think the whole "defense wins championships" thing is bullshit. good teams that get hot in the playoffs win championships, period. I mean we have to be better than last year for sure, but don't have to be a great defensive team. it's honestly more about offense in the NFL with today's pass happy league and so many rules in place for player's safety.

I think we will be in the bottom half of the league defensively next year, but if we can rank around 20th and our offense can be as good (I think they will be better) we can compete in a tight division like last year. A lot depends on how much better other teams in the division got (I do think every teams will be improved)

Not expecting us to win the Super Bowl, but I think we have an outside shot at the playoffs. And we all know once you get in anything can happen, so fuck... we are winning the Super Bowl. Preseason is the best time to be optimistic since every team has the same record.

Props: Tony

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
but we arguably arent up to par with their offenses imo. i mean, when healthy we are, and when healthy we'll gas. but are defense giving up huge plays all the time like last year aint gonna fly if we gone make it to the playoffs.

I mean, im just not trying to be overly optimistic like I have been in years past just so i can eat my words. So if im cautious this time in saying what i want to and hope to happen that i wont be as angry when it doesnt pan out

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
oh yeah, heres that email i got

Raiders Ticket Update
The Oakland Raiders

Beginning this season, the NFL is requiring all NFL facilities to have a metal detection system in place at all stadium entry gates. Everyone will be subject to screening of property and person, including metal detection, prior to entering the stadium.

We recommend entering O.co Coliseum two hours prior to kickoff to allow ample time for this new security procedure. Guests will have their bags searched and will need to empty pockets before walking through a metal detector. Please familiarize yourself with the prohibited items list (Raiders.com/Conduct) and leave all prohibited items at home or in your car to ensure swift security screening.

Thank you for your assistance and patience with this new security procedure. Contact your Client Services Representative at 1-800-RAIDERS or send an email to the Ticket Office at tickets[USER=17716]@raiders[/USER].com if you have any additional questions or concerns.
Be a Raider! Be Early!

1.800.RAIDERS

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
oh yeah, heres that email i got

Raiders Ticket Update
The Oakland Raiders

Beginning this season, the NFL is requiring all NFL facilities to have a metal detection system in place at all stadium entry gates. Everyone will be subject to screening of property and person, including metal detection, prior to entering the stadium.

We recommend entering O.co Coliseum two hours prior to kickoff to allow ample time for this new security procedure. Guests will have their bags searched and will need to empty pockets before walking through a metal detector. Please familiarize yourself with the prohibited items list (Raiders.com/Conduct) and leave all prohibited items at home or in your car to ensure swift security screening.

Thank you for your assistance and patience with this new security procedure. Contact your Client Services Representative at 1-800-RAIDERS or send an email to the Ticket Office at tickets[USER=17716]@raiders[/USER].com if you have any additional questions or concerns.
Be a Raider! Be Early!

1.800.RAIDERS
2 hours before kickoff? that's bullshit

we usually starting walking in 30 minutes before. that's gonna really cut into my drinking time. now I gotta start taking shots at 8:30 am

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
but we arguably arent up to par with their offenses imo. i mean, when healthy we are, and when healthy we'll gas. but are defense giving up huge plays all the time like last year aint gonna fly if we gone make it to the playoffs.

I mean, im just not trying to be overly optimistic like I have been in years past just so i can eat my words. So if im cautious this time in saying what i want to and hope to happen that i wont be as angry when it doesnt pan out
we're not up to par with all those teams, we were close to the Giants though. they were ranked 8th in yards and we were ranked 9th

the biggest thing, IMO, is limiting out penalties and turnovers

I feel you though, I'm cautiously optimistic this year. I lightweight don't know what to expect since there's been so many changes, it's a wildcard year if you ask me.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
see now u know what im sayin! aint gonna be able to sneak to alcohol pass these sons of bitches, but theyre making it more necessary we aint got fuckin time to tailgate. if you got a season ticket you shouldnt have to go through no fuckin metal detector and empty your pockets. soon enough your gonna have to have a background check before you can enter the stadium. gotta wait 3-10 days to get in

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I think the whole "defense wins championships" thing is bullshit. good teams that get hot in the playoffs win championships, period. I mean we have to be better than last year for sure, but don't have to be a great defensive team. it's honestly more about offense in the NFL with today's pass happy league and so many rules in place for player's safety.
Agreed, you nailed it bruh, bruh!

Jun 23, 2005
y Steve Corkran
Thursday, March 7th, 2013 at 2:23 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders freed up more than $5 million in salary cap room by restructuring the contract of starting strong safety Tyvon Branch on Thursday, according to a person familiar with the situation.
The Raiders reduced Branch’s base salary from $6 million to $715,000 for 2013. In exchange, the Raiders tacked on two seasons to the four-year contract Branch signed last season.
Branch’s salaries for 2014 and 2015 remain unchanged. However, he now is slated to earn $6.5 million in 2016 and ’17.
Branch was the Raiders franchise-tag player last season. The long-term contract he ultimately signed superseded the franchise-tag designation and ensured the Raiders keeping Branch in the fold for the next several seasons.
The Raiders now are more than $6 million under the cap, giving them some much-needed ammunition to re-sign some of their own prospective free agents, as well as some from other teams that are about to hit the open market Tuesday.
Earlier this week, the Raiders freed up more than $2 million by restructuring the contract of right guard Mike Brisiel.
Several other players are being targeted for restructured deals, as well, including quarterback Carson Palmer, defensive tackle Tommy Kelly, free safety Michael Huff and wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey.

good move by reggie on gettin branch to restructure.

and big props to branch for restructuring, he didn't come off to me as that type of player, but you coild tell he is all team and not selfish.

next up is huff and palmer, which will both be hard imo. i could care less about kelly if he stays or go.

DHB should be willing to take a cut, because by no means does he deserve his money, but i dont want to see him walk.

Last edited:
Props: nrodgers

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
probably cause dhb didnt want to take less money, thinks he deserves more than what hes worth.

They didnt trade em cause no team is gonna want to have either of those guys with those kind of contracts. Obviously reggie is fed up giving average money hungry players their dues.

Im more wishy washy about gettin rid of huff because we dont have depth in the secondary. but good riddance to dhb, all he does is take up space on the field and celebrate after every catch he makes like hes a fuckin star. He aint.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
so huff had a cap salary of 11.2 million and dhb of 10 million. Theres no fuckin way any team would pay them that

if we signed either of them back for even half of their contract, wed potentially free up 10 million dollars in cap room

Last edited:

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
that was fast with wheeler. I thought he played pretty well, especially towards the beginning of the season... Hes another guy we probably couldnt afford though.

Raiders are really cleaning house. I like it.

I while back I heard something about allen getting taiwan jones switching to cornerback. Is this speculation or is that boutta happen? what yall think?