The Official Oakland Raiders 2012 Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Aaron Curry using stem cell therapy to help knees

Posted by Josh Alper on August 5, 2012, 10:26 AM EDT
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/05/aaron-curry-using-stem-cell-therapy-to-help-knees/

Raiders linebacker Aaron Curry isn’t sure when he’ll be able to get back on the field, but he’s pretty sure that stem cell therapy will be the thing that winds up getting him back there.

Paul Gutierrez of CSNBayArea.com reports that Curry has received the therapy on both of his knees. Bone marrow from his hips was used in the treatment and Curry told Gutierrez that it is the only thing he’s tried that has helped him feel better. Curry is still working out on the side during Raiders practices and said he’ll only return to practice when he’s fully able to help the Raiders.

“My goal is to get healthy and just go out there and be violent, be fast, be a pain in the offense’s butt and whatever I have to do on the defense, do it,” Curry said. “And do it full speed. I can’t do that until my body says it’s ready.”

The treatment has been popular with Oakland athletes. Linebacker Rolando McClain said that the treatment helped his legs feel better earlier this offseason and A’s pitcher Bartolo Colon has credited stem cell treatment on his shoulder with saving his baseball career.

With McClain facing a possible suspension under the Personal Conduct Policy and Oakland short on linebacking depth, the Raiders need Curry to be healthy for the start of the season.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
FUCK. moore is gonna be out for a while with a hamstring injury.

that sucks about curry. we beat it up and we aint even have our first preseason game... I dont wanna see palmer or any of our starters play more than 1 series in our first preseason game. and i want mcfadden to only get like 1 carry. I dont want our glass players to break before we get some wins out of em

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
anyone get that security email from the raiders? These mofos adding metal detectors at the gates that we gotta go through like were flying on a plane or some bullshit. Fucking rediculous

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
haaa idk buddy, your gonna have to stick to the a's games with that one. They gonna have the pat downs, metal detector, and some "personalized security" bullshit goin down. so if the bottle is in your jacket pocket, u might not get away with it lol

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
the thing is is that people are gonna have to cut their tailgating shorter cause its gonna take fuckin 20 minutes to get into the damn stadium waiting in line for people to get patted down, checked, and then emptying there pockets and taking off their belts so they can go through a god damn metal detector.

Hopefully they get smart and just use metal wand thingys

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Talked to reggie mckenzie the other night at the tower of power concert. Real cool cat. He was sayin to my boy who's a raider fan not to expect much this year, but give him and Allen a season under their belt and big things are comin...

Nobody had a clue who.he was except me until the band announced him.

Jun 23, 2005
^ how do you figure? this division is up for grabs, and now with mathews being out 6 weeks for the dolts, makes it even a tighter race. i dont think the broncos will run away with it like everyone thinks in the media, but i could be wrong. but IMO we have the players to make the playoffs, its just weather they learn the new systems fast enough to successfully win enough ball games.

Dec 4, 2006
Talked to reggie mckenzie the other night at the tower of power concert. Real cool cat. He was sayin to my boy who's a raider fan not to expect much this year, but give him and Allen a season under their belt and big things are comin...

Nobody had a clue who.he was except me until the band announced him.

Like I said last season, 2 years top and Raiders will be in the playoffs under GM McKenzie and Coach Allen ...

Once they hit a full draft and patch those holes, the Raiders will be the team to beat in their division..

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
^ how do you figure? this division is up for grabs, and now with mathews being out 6 weeks for the dolts, makes it even a tighter race. i dont think the broncos will run away with it like everyone thinks in the media, but i could be wrong. but IMO we have the players to make the playoffs, its just weather they learn the new systems fast enough to successfully win enough ball games.
we dont have defense. defense wins championships.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
Jerry McDonald ‏ S @shitface mcd
Raiders new SLB Philip Wheeler is a different player than nickel-rusher Kamerion Wimbley _ but much more versatile. Makes plays every day

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
we have playmakers. shaughnessy will help. and a revamped scheme will do wonders. remember we had chuck fuckin bresnehan as the DC last year
new scheme new players.... defenses dont come togethor overnight, or over a matter of a few months in this case...

only time will tell though, I want to believe we'll have a good defense, but with what weve got, im gonna have to believe it when I see it. Hopefully ill see some of it on monday.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
Vic Tafur ‏ O @ordekoms Tafur
Safety Mike Mitchell on DC Jason Tarver: "He’s a genius, a little baby genius. I love his defense ... we’re always coming from everywhere"