The Official Oakland Raiders 2012 Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I like your guys optimism but lookin at the schedule I say 6-10. I think its hard to improve without a draft.
We still had some draft picks and picked up guys in FA. You should know more than anyone that Reggie McKenzie knows how to find diamonds in the rough. He helped to do that a lot for years in Green Bay. I think you're wrong, and really underestimating our team, but maybe I'm just being a homer. Well see...

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
We still had some draft picks and picked up guys in FA. You should know more than anyone that Reggie McKenzie knows how to find diamonds in the rough. He helped to do that a lot for years in Green Bay. I think you're wrong, and really underestimating our team, but maybe I'm just being a homer. Well see...
Oh I know he'll turn it around but I think it'll take a couple drafts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Are you guys building around Palmer?
I guess they're building around him, but I don't think there's anything specific the team would do to build around him as opposed to another qb. I mean at the end of the day you want to bring in talented receivers, o linemen, and running backs color the offense. He's a pretty prototypical qb, it isn't like we have Tim Tebow and were running some weird option offense. With all that being said, I believe they plan on palmer being the qb for at least the next few years.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Oh I know he'll turn it around but I think it'll take a couple drafts.
You may be right, we shall see. I'm cautiously optimistic this year. I honestly think even with the even with a lot the same personnel, that defensive scheme, more discipline, and the fact that our qb had a whole offseason to prepare will make us at least a little better. The best point you made though was that our division got better, that could equal more losses even if we have a better team. Peyton in Denver and Charles and berry in KC make a big difference

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Raiders RB Mike Goodson was taken off the field in an ambulance after a helmet-to-helmet hit with LB Philip Wheeler in Tuesday's practice.
Teammates were kneeling over Goodson as he lay prone for several minutes. The good news is that Goodson's legs were reportedly moving, so he has feeling in his extremities. We will update his condition as further information becomes available.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Goodson released from hospital

By Steve Corkran
Tuesday, August 7th, 2012 at 8:00 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders just announced that running back Mike Goodson was released from Queen of the Valley Medical Center and returned to the team hotel in Napa.
Here’s the statement from the Raiders:
“The Raiders received encouraging news Tuesday night from doctors treating Mike Goodson, who left the practice field with a neck injury, with movement in his extremities, during the team’s training-camp practice. Goodson’s CT scan and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) test were negative. He has returned to the team’s training-camp headquarters at the Napa Valley Marriott.”
Goodson suffered the injury as a result of a collision with strong-side linebacker Philip Wheeler midway through practice today.
Team trainers and medical personnel tended to Goodson as he lay on the field, with running back Taiwan Jones and wide receiver Denarius Moore kneeling beside Goodson.
Goodson’s facemask was removed as his head — with his helmet still on — was secured to a body board before emergency personnel summoned by the Raiders loaded him into an ambulance.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
for some reason I dont like going to the fanfests. They should call em familyfests, cause people dont go and get wasted for it... I think they frown upon heavy intoxication at those things, but idk, i havent been to one in a few years