The Official Oakland Raiders 2012 Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
[video=youtube;81_C3UXWnW8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81_C3UXWnW8[/video]
Man I sure hope fans aren't dumb enough to think were better off with pryor than with palmer
Drunk people at the game always think were better off with the back as soon as things go sour. Lol just how things go

Jun 23, 2005
Criner and other notes.

Steve Corkran ‏ @CorkOnTheNFL
Criner with third straight spectacular catch. Hauls in tipped pass in heavy traffic. Raiders might be onto something with this kid.

Levi Damien ‏ A @AnthonGed iDamien
Criner continues the amazing catches just beat Pat Lee for long over shoulder catch. He's ridiculous.

Juror Criner with unbelievable catch of Carson Palmer pass in double coverage. Turned sure pick into touchdown.

Juron Criner with nice catch of Terrelle Pryor pass that was thrown well behind Criner. Great adjustment by Criner.

Juron Criner with over-the-shoulder catch of deep throw. He catches everything, makes difficult catch look routine. Wow!

Tim Kawakami ‏ Fila @Fila kawakami
Raiders just finished first open OTA. Carson Palmer looked sharp, Terrelle Pryor looked OK and rookie WR Criner looked like a keeper
Terrelle Pryor displaying nice zip, accuracy on 25-yard passes.

Vittorio Tafur ‏ @VittorioTafur
Palmer deliberately going through reads, with Knapp in his ear after every throw teaching the new offense. Just zipped nice one to Calhoun

Tarver is very hands on as DC. Throwing passes in INT drill and pushing the pads in footwork drills.

Ausberry running 2nd team but he's bulked up and is catching everything in sight.

As good as the Oakland Raiders looked in practice today, Carson Palmer may have looked the best. #RaiderNation, big season ahead. #NFLVR

good things being said about criner. i remember last year when they were saying the same shit bout denarius moore but criner might be another steal

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
Rookie Juron Criner impresses Oakland Raiders teammates
Rookie Juron Criner impresses Oakland Raiders teammates

By Jerry McDonald
jmcdonald[USER=76253]@BAYAREA[/USER]newsgroup.com
Posted: 05/15/2012 04:58:42 PM PDT
Updated: 05/15/2012 07:11:50 PM PDT

Impressive during the rookie minicamp, fifth-round draft pick Juron Criner stepped it up Tuesday with the full squad at the Raiders' organized team activity.

Criner made a handful of great catches, creating a buzz among his teammates. Included was a 50-yard catch from Carson Palmer against DeMarcus Van Dyke and Tyvon Branch in which he tumbled into the end zone, and a 55-yard sideline heave from Terrelle Pryor against cornerback Pat Lee.

On one play, Criner reached back and made a difficult catch of a ball Pryor threw behind him.
"He saved Carson, he saved myself, he saved Matt (Leinart)," Pryor said. "He's a player. He catches everything that comes near him."

Criner was taken No. 168 overall. That's 20 picks lower than Oakland got Denarius Moore in 2011. Moore caught 33 passes for 618 yards and five touchdowns.

"He has a thing for the ball once the ball's in the air," Moore said. "That's what we like about him."
Coach Dennis Allen is pleased with Criner's learning curve.

"I think every day he gets a little bit better," Allen said. "He's learning more what to do. I was pleased with the way he practiced today. It's not a whole lot different than what we saw on tape in college. That's what we expect of him."

Palmer had Criner's ear as the two walked off the practice field.
"He said, 'That right there sets the standard,' " Criner said. "You expect nothing less of yourself."
Allen spent much of the practice observing, a stark contrast from hands-on coaches such as Jon Gruden and Hue Jackson.

"You want to declare your expectations, what you expect out of (the coaches) and then you want to get out of the way and let them work," Allen said. "That's kind of my style, and that's what I'll do. But I'm a coach at heart, and I'll get my hands dirty when I need to."

When Allen did step in, more often than not it was with the defense with coordinator Jason Tarver.
"It's different having a head coach watching everything you do," defensive tackle Tommy Kelly said. "We'll run a play, and coach Tarver will make his point, then Allen will add his point. It's like having two defensive coordinators."

Wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey had a message for fans regarding his recent drunken-driving arrest.
"I just kind of regret bringing bad attention to the team, for the most part," Heyward-Bey said. "Want to let the fans know that I'm here, working hard, trying to get on the same page with Carson and looking forward to the season."
Heyward-Bey's attorney, Ivan Golde, said he will plead not guilty.

The Raiders' restructured personnel department includes Joey Clinkscales as director of player personnel, Shaun Herock as director of college scouting, Teddy Atlas as scouting coordinator and Tom Delaney as director of football administration.

College scouts are Calvin Branch, Zack Crockett, Mickey Marvin, David McCloughan, Brad Kaplan, Raleigh McKenzie and Trey Scott, while the pro scouts are Larry Marmie and Dane Vandernat.
Delaney, Branch, Crockett, Marvin and McCloughan are holdovers.

Players who were not in attendance at the voluntary OTA included defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who typically does not attend OTAs, and middle linebacker Rolando McClain, who is dealing with legal issues stemming from misdemeanor charges including illegal discharge of a firearm in Decatur, Ala.
Also missing were kickers Sebastian Janikowski and Shane Lechler and safety Mike Mitchell, who has a knee issue.
Those who attended but weren't practicing were center Stefen Wisniewski, who had a shoulder procedure in the offseason, and right guard Mike Brisiel, who has a slight hamstring strain.
it's only may and just an OTA, but I don't think criner's 4.6 40 time is going to keep him from getting down field for some bombs from palmer. moore was the slowest receiver on the team last year(besides housh) and it sure didn't stop him.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Criner sounds like a beast... We have enough of fast receivers, now we have a go getta receiver that will snatch balls out of the air.... looking forward to this season.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
why is mcclain an idiot, he's going to get off easily. his homie will probably get some time though, but I'm sure mcclain is going to hook him up with like 10 G's for his troubles.

The video does not show Rolando McClain striking the victim, brandishing a firearm, firing it near his ear or threatening to kill him, though those allegations are among complaints filed by the victim in court. McClain's friend, Jadoriaus Willingham is also seen in the video. He was also arrested and charged in connection with the incident.
There was no physical evidence either, all they have is the victim saying mcclain did it, but the video only shows the other dude beating his ass.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
Ur right but the video seems hella edited.....the video probably wont be used in court
why do you think that video even made it out to the police? of course it's edited to make it look like mcclain didn't do anything at all, that's the whole point. mcclain's homie is gonna take the fall and get cashed out. we'll probably never know whether or not mcclain actually did anything he's accused of.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Raiders MLB Rolando McClain has been sentenced to 180 days in jail on charges of assault, reckless endangerment, menacing, and wrongful discharge of a firearm.
McClain allegedly made threats against Rishard Tapscott before placing a pistol to his head and firing just past his ear during a November 30 altercation. Tapscott further alleges that McClain made threats during a March basketball game, warning that the linebacker would be coming for him "after May 17." If McClain serves the full sentence, he will be unavailable to the Raiders until mid-November.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Raiders MLB Rolando McClain has been sentenced to 180 days in jail on charges of assault, reckless endangerment, menacing, and wrongful discharge of a firearm.
McClain allegedly made threats against Rishard Tapscott before placing a pistol to his head and firing just past his ear during a November 30 altercation. Tapscott further alleges that McClain made threats during a March basketball game, warning that the linebacker would be coming for him "after May 17." If McClain serves the full sentence, he will be unavailable to the Raiders until mid-November.
Cut that mf!

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
I didn't expect his homie to rat him out, what the fuck. how much time could he have been facing for just beating someone's ass? could it really have been enough to make him rat out his homeboy like that, that's foul as fuck.

whether or not goodell suspends mcclain is irrelevant now, I bet reggie will just cut dude from the team.