The Official Oakland Raiders 2012 Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Well we'll see bruh.... "IF" he plays like that this year, I don't see why he couldn't crack the startin line up. Injuries happen or he just might outplay whoever is in front of him. Isn't he a weakside backer? Not sure but I wouldn't doubt him.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
his highlight reel had some nice hits in it, but it had nothing that seperates him from a average OLB. hes gonna be nice on special teams, but its gonna take a few years at least for him to crack the startin lineup.
I've heard and read some really good things about him. He's supposed to be a hidden gem type of player. Based on our current LB on the team, I wouldn't be surprised if he cracked the starting lineup

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Plaxico Burress shows interest in Raiders

May 11, 2012, 9:38 am

While the Raiders begin their first rookie camp under new coach Dennis Allen today, a veteran free-agent receiver has shown interest in Oakland.

Plaxico Burress, a first-round pick of Pittsburgh in 2000, was asked by former Raiders quarterback Rich Gannon on SiriusXM NFL Radio show about Oakland as a potential destination.

"I've always thought that Carson Palmer has been one of the best deep ball throwers in all of football since I can remember," Burress told Gannon on Thursday. "They do have some great talent over there in Darrius Heyward-Bey and Louis Murphy. I think those guys are only going to get better with Carson."

Burress, who turns 35 on Aug. 12, missed the 2009 and 2010 NFL seasons as he was incarcerated on a gun charge. He played for the New York Jets last season and caught 45 passes for 612 yards and eight touchdowns, the third-highest scoring total of his career.

And while the Raiders may need a veteran pass-catching presence, they do have a young corps of receivers in Heyward-Bey, Murphy, Jacoby Ford, Denarius Moore and fifth-round draft pick Juron Criner. Still, Heyward-Bey is facing a DUI charge from an April 7 arrest on the Bay Bridge.

In his SiriusXM NFL Radio interview, Burress also expressed interest in Carolina and Miami.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
last year I thought we could've used a vet like TO or plax. now dhb has had his breakout season and is heading into his 4th year, denarius moore has shown that he can play at a high level in the pros and we just drafted criner. I also felt we should have brought in a vet because it was a lockout year with a shortened offseason program. now all of our young wr's get the full offseason of OTA's and whatnot, so they'll be more than ready to go. we don't need somebody coming in and taking snaps away from any of them, they all need as much playing time as they can get to develop.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
Running back Darren McFadden is on track to make a successful return to the field after missing the final nine games last season with a severely sprained foot.
That’s according to running backs coach Kelly Skipper, who offered the most in depth report on McFadden’s health since the injury occurred.
“The thing about Darren is, he didn’t have any major surgeries, so he’s able to come back her healthy and he’s playing at a high level right now and it’s offseason,” Skipper said. “So, that’s a good thing. He didn’t have surgery so he’s going to be off the whole spring. Nah, that’s not the case. He’s out here. You would never know he got hurt. He’s making cuts at full speed, everything.”
http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2012/05/12/things-gleaned-from-mini-camp/

Sep 24, 2006
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-raiders-defilippo?module=HP11_headline_stack

Terrelle Pryor finds a believer in Oakland Raiders' DeFilippo

Oakland Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor may have only been under center for one NFL snap, but his new position coach believes he has the tools to make it as a signal-caller.

"He's going to give himself a chance to be a good player in this league, because of his work ethic," quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo said, according to Comcast SportsNet Bay Area.

"He's a gym rat here in this building," DeFilippo added. "He loves being here, loves talking football, loves being around, playing the game. He's getting better every day."

DeFilippo, who has returned to Oakland after being away from the team since 2008, insisted that Pryor is a quarterback.

Many have speculated that the 6-foot-6, 233-pound Pryor is a better fit at tight end or receiver, given his excellent speed.

"The fact is, his strides he's made from his first day here in this offense to where he is now have been good," DeFilippo said. "We've just got to keep doing that every day. We've got to keep moving him forward and he'll do that with his work ethic."

Pryor would currently slot in as Oakland's third-string quarterback, behind Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart. The former Ohio State star was taken in the third round of last year's supplemental draft following his early departure from college in the wake of an NCAA violations investigation.

The only NFL snap Pryor played was nullified by his own false start.

Jun 23, 2005
i fuckin hope Pryor pans out as the future qb. i know theres a lot of people who doubt him, shit i'm not completely sold, but i just hope he does. it would make make our offense ridiculously explosive and dangerous in like 2-3 years.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
yeah I kinda feel that way too. I just hope we dont put him in prematurely. Im sure we'll here a lot of his name after palmer throws a pick or 2 at home