The Official Oakland Raiders 2012 Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Good luck in the offseason Raiders.....

but I have to talk playoffs with my fellow niners fans...y'all be cool..
you're right.

you have much more important things to do than to talk shit about the Raiders in a Raiders offseason thread. you should go talk shit about the Raiders in a 49ers thread. but not just any 49ers thread. a 49ers playoffs thread.

you're right.

Jun 23, 2005
Coach Hue Jackson indicated Monday that DC Chuck Bresnahan's job is in danger, calling the Raiders' 2011 defensive performance "unacceptable."
The Raiders' defense fell from 11th in the NFL's rankings in 2010 to 29th in 2011. "I haven’t sat through it all, but obviously I’m going to meet with everybody here soon and we’re going to go from there," said Jackson. Jackson has a ton of control in Oakland and will be able to handpick his entire staff. He also has say in the Raiders' general manager search. Jan. 2 - 10:37 pm et

i wish they would of fired him in the locker room yesterday, in front of all the players. fuck chuck bresnehan!

and i hope hue has no fuckin say in the GM search. We need a GM that knows how to build a superbowl contending team, not one hue likes.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
Id say by the looks of it, he right

#he's right

[video=youtube;5L6Uz67u4xM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L6Uz67u4xM[/video]

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
SHOULD THE RAIDERS GO AFTER BILL POLIAN FOR THE GM POSITION??
If we didnt it would be plain stupid..This guy has a proven track record and is a hall of famer...They need to bring him in and give him full controll of what he wants to do, to produce a winning football team..Us fans deserve a winning team...DAMMITT

I dont want to keep changing Head Coaches becuase we need some consistancy around here..But if we get a GM like Polian and he said Jackson needs to go than so be it..

I think Palmer is a good pick up but him and the WR's need some time...Bush is solid and i can live with him as the starter, but just dont overpay the guy...Secondary needs to be revamped except for Tyvonne Branch...

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
branch, curry, mcclain, and routte are the only spots on D i wouldnt change. every one else can go fuck themselves. we need to move houston to DT.
I would keep TK around... not sure how much gas Seymour has left in the tank... he might have enough for one more solid season

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
tommy kelly has a lot of push, id keep him. Also, dont forget about chris johnson at corner, I think routt wouldnt of had such a hard time if johnson wasnt out for what 13 games or something. It was a shame that he only played one game after he came back from injury.

Jun 23, 2005
yeah youre right i forgot bout johnson. he's better than how he played in buffalo. i would have tommy kelly and richard seymour share snaps, or have the 3 share snaps. but i dont think he's quick enough to bring constant pressure. hopefully it was just his sophomore slump cuz he had a good rookie season.

wimbley should be moved to DE in place of houston.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
the thing that's crazy is when you go through our defensive squad... you think, man we have some talent on defense... but they just can't get it together... that's why I put a lot of blame on Chuck B

Total yards
2010: 11th in the league
2011: 29th in the league

Pass yards
2010: 2nd in the league
2011: 27th in the league

we sucked against the run both years... but the difference in our pass defense is insane. Obviously we had Nnamdi last year, which helped a lot, but still... shit is ridiculous

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
but nnamdi didnt fufill his contract needs in the least! and the few times he was challenged, and people threw his way he didnt defend the ball. The one thing nnamdi could do better than the rest of our corners was fucking tackle, if he got beat short, he didnt give a lot of yac, and no one really ever went deep against him... did he do well this year?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
It's funny how some people are blaming Palmer.... Palmer played good enough to lead us to the playoffs. He had a few bad games/throws here and there but for the most part he played good. That pick Sunday wasn't his fault, Ford slipped coming out of his break and didn't even know the ball had been thrown. That was a timing route and Ford had to be there.

Our defense sucked because Routt was paid to be the number one corner and all he ever does is face guard, hold, or PI receivers. McClain is a lazy as linebacker period and Bresnahan has only two defenses he runs. Wimbley is a pass rusher, what is he doing on Gates in man to man coverage? What is McClain doing trying to cover receivers down the middle of the field? You'd think he wouldn't call that coverage after Detroit exploited it with Calvin Johnson having over 200 yards receiving.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Lmfaooooo @ hue jackson sayin mark davis shouldlet him help pick the gm. Hue is the problem. He power tripping real bad