The Official Oakland Raiders 2012 Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
palmer did enough, the defense held us out of the playoffs. he took our passing game from being ranked in the mid 20s to 11th, did you even watch any of the recent losses? defense has been fucking the team over all season.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
I think Palmer is a capable QB. He was over priced, but he's not keeping the Raiders from winning. Despite all the interceptions, it was the defense that gave away the games that kept them out of the playoffs. Palmer is as good as they need, if that makes sense, especially if DMC was healthy. If he can pick up yards/1st downs here and there, and an occasional deep ball, the running game, ideally, is strong enough to keep them in most games. Just like Alex Smith isnt an elite QB, but he can do what needs to get done to win football games. The glaring issue is defense/coordinator and a GM, Palmer being the QB isnt going to change, we need to focus on 'needs' before worrying about 'wants'.

Rusto

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2002
Didn't you guys say that Palmer would take the Raiders to the Playoffs?

as reminded.....y'all gonna be the same team in years to come and winning 7-8 games a season if real changes are not made..
You are "delusional" for not realizing that it wasnt Palmers fault the Raiders arent in the playoffs. It was the defense, and pussy ass wide receivers and running backs with "foot injury's"

Dec 4, 2006
dfag once again making himself look like a dumbass

lol yeah because the Raiders top 10 defense and great QB, great HC got them in the playoffs huh?

ask Solitary 1 what i said from the beginning of the season...Raiders will go 8-8 or 7-9 ....

but I'm the dumbass while most of you delusional raiders fans were dreaming of playoffs since the beginning ha ha..

like I said, the team took a shit when Palmer came in and Al Davis RIP passed away ...

Palmer wouldn't be the Raiders QB if Al Davis was alive because Al knew what a rip off Palmer would had been..

Rusto

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2002
lol yeah because the Raiders top 10 defense and great QB, great HC got them in the playoffs huh?

ask Solitary 1 what i said from the beginning of the season...Raiders will go 8-8 or 7-9 ....

but I'm the dumbass while most of you delusional raiders fans were dreaming of playoffs since the beginning ha ha..

like I said, the team took a shit when Palmer came in and Al Davis RIP passed away ...

Palmer wouldn't be the Raiders QB if Al Davis was alive because Al knew what a rip off Palmer would had been..
You obviously dont know what the word delusional means, stop saying it

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID

defense kept us out. palmer threw for 417 yards and got us 26 points. try again dfag.

Jun 23, 2005
Didn't you guys say that Palmer would take the Raiders to the Playoffs?

as reminded.....y'all gonna be the same team in years to come and winning 7-8 games a season if real changes are not made..
this past season you said we would go 4-12, so by your standards we should win about 4 more games than you say.

Jun 23, 2005

you act like we werrent in playoff contention at all with the dumb shit you say. so what would of been the better thing to do? start boller? your the dumbest niner fan on here.

Dec 4, 2006
this past season you said we would go 4-12, so by your standards we should win about 4 more games than you say.
and then I told Sol 1 and my boy Psydal that the raiders would end up either 7-9 or 8-8 ...which I stand correct..

but you and a few others didn't see it that way..

even Radiostationrep woke up and seen the reality about the Raiders and their mistakes this season..

I say simmer down and stop being delusional for once and for all...

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
you're right DFresh, we as Raider fans are delusional for thinking it was possible to win. Thank you for your insight. Also you are right. You called everything about the Raiders and your rightness cannot be matched or surpassed. In fact, I don't think you can ever attain such righteousness in your life, so in honor of your all knowingness how bout you give your prediction of next year (we know 0-16 isn't hate, its just being honest) and then leave us to our delusional ways. that way you don't get infected with our delusion.

you know delusionitis is contagious

Jun 23, 2005
lets get back on topic. this is off a raiders blog

Looking Forward: Raiders 2012 Free Agents
by Chris Hansen on Monday, January 2nd, 2012 | No Comments

Khalif Barnes – Weakest link on the offensive line with youth behind him. Raiders will look for for other options. It’s not as if there aren’t a dozen Khalif’s on the street each year.
Darryl Blackstock – Was a Chuck Bresnahan guy, but found a home on special teams. Would have to make the team as a reserve LB and special teams guy next training camp. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him back as a camp body or gone entirely.
Kyle Boller – Hue didn’t have enough confidence to turn to Boller. Expect the Raiders to look elsewhere for a backup to Carson Palmer.
Jerome Boyd – Was nothing more than a reserve and special teams player. Some good moments and some very bad ones. Camp body again and fate will depend on the defensive coordinator.
Tyvon Branch – About the only consistent producer in the secondary. Raiders will want to bring him back.
Desmond Bryant – He’s been great in limited action and can play inside and out. Key reserve.
Michael Bush – He’ll find a home as a starter if the Raiders don’t franchise tag him.
Jason Campbell – Good as gone. He’ll find a place to start with yet another new coach and coordinator.
Cooper Carlisle – Has proven surprisingly versatile in scheme. Good veteran. Raiders could go for new right side or keep Carlisle in the mix.
Rock Cartwright – Commitment to Excellence Award winner in consecutive years and the Raiders special teams captain. He’ll be back.
Matt Giordano – Had good moments, but unless the Raiders move Michael Huff to corner full time there is a good chance the Raiders address the lack of depth at cornerback and move Huff back to free safety full time.
Quentin Groves – Good as gone. Aaron Curry trade was made strictly to take him out of the starting lineup.
T.J. Houshmandzadeh – Came in to be a familiar face for Palmer, hardly played down the stretch.
Bryan McCann – With a healthy Ford, Moore and Jones hard to imagine he is back, but showed enough to catch on elsewhere.
Jarvis Moss – May have played his last down in Oakland as Desmond Bryant gobbled up his snaps after he got injured and has only occasionally flashed pass rush skills. Liability against the run.
Marcel Reece – Better believe the Raiders will bring him back.
Samson Satele – Did he play well enough to keep Stefen Wisniewksi at left guard? Maybe.
Chaz Schilens – It comes down to this: Raiders have 4 younger receivers under contract.
Trevor Scott – Hardly saw the field this season. Once a potential star…now just a ball of gas.
Lito Sheppard – Picked up off the street because the Raiders had injuries. Will be there again next year.

Dec 4, 2006
you're right DFresh, we as Raider fans are delusional for thinking it was possible to win. Thank you for your insight. Also you are right. You called everything about the Raiders and your rightness cannot be matched or surpassed. In fact, I don't think you can ever attain such righteousness in your life, so in honor of your all knowingness how bout you give your prediction of next year (we know 0-16 isn't hate, its just being honest) and then leave us to our delusional ways. that way you don't get infected with our delusion.

you know delusionitis is contagious

Thanks breh goon!

Raiders might see a playoffs in 2 years..