The Official Oakland Raiders 2012 Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
And you're right...he was better at OC...

but I don't see him going anywhere right now...

@Trading Ford and keep Moore and DHB ...really? DHB? ha ha Ford should stay and shouldn't even be in trade talks at all..

Bush can be a #1 RB if he had a better offense to open up for him..
I I think Bush can be an OK starter, but he's not gonna be a top RB in the league, like McFadden POTENTIALLY can. if we drop DMC and keep Bush, we're not gonna be an elite running team

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
Y'all really coulda used that 1st rounder this year for that defense
I know you're probably just trolling, but that trade was only worth it if we finally made it back to the playoffs. so you're right, what a waste. palmer was brought in to save our season and yet here we are at 8-8 again. we'll see what happens with the D though. john fox and his staff were able to get the broncos D turned around. so why can't a new defensive coach and staff do the same for us?

the only coach I really would like to see kept around is rod woodson. it was his first year coaching and he walked into a mess. then again, super talented player like rod seem to have a hard time coaching, because they expect their players to be able to do the same things they did. even though the talent level isn't the same.

Feb 12, 2004
The Broncos helped themselves by drafting a beast like Von Miller. Like I said the Raiders were dumb as fuck for trading away that 1st rounder when the team was NEVER that good or close to being a superbowl contender. You need to keep adding stud, impact players every year in the draft like Von Miller or Aldon Smith to keep your team climbing up the superbowl contender ranks.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Romo says we need boar hunters, not bacon eaters...

...Thats a kinda abbreviated version of the tirade he went on on 95.7. It's kinda silly but he has a good point. During 'The Game' speech he expanded into the reason the defense suffers, aside for the DC, was certain players, specifically McClain and Seymour are bacon eaters, not boar hunters...McClain lacks the killer instinct/work ethic/whatever you want to call it, to excell. Seymour's problem is he is too smart and not physical enough, he knows the best route to the store, and what store has a sale on bacon, but he's still buying bacon, lol...

Either way, they need a GM with a plan, and a new defensive coordinator. I would also add, a 'big play' WR, Im still not convinced with who we have, and Houshmandzadeh was a mistake, IMO, they need someone in the receiving core to lead by example. I'd say keep with Hue and DMC for one more season, I think Hue can find his groove, and DMC needs to prove he can stay healthy.

Jun 23, 2005
i think it was a let down that we didnt make the playoffs, but to say the palmer trade was bullshit is dumb also. he started 9 games and did good, and he did horrible. for someone to learn the playbook during the week and perform as well as he did coming off the couch isnt a total failure. next year when he gets consistency with his receivers and gets DMC, our offense will be lethal.

ESCOBAR 92113

BARRIO LOGAN
Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
The Raiders gave up A LOT for Palmer, but you have to respect the move. They had a chance at the division and went for the kill. Palmer is who he is, he has always turned the ball over. He had a good season despite being out of training camp and just coming in blind. He should be even better next season. With Mcfadden back, Palmer should benefit from play action etc........I believe the Raiders need help in the secondary, they're horrible back there. When the line has no push, they get exploited

Jun 23, 2005
AND YES DHB, THE BEST RECEIVER IN THE BAY.

These are the receivers chosen in the first round in the 08 draft, and DHB held his own, despite switchin qbs mid season

DHB REC YDS AVG TD
64 975 15.2 4

Crabtree REC YDS AVG TD
73 880 12.1 4

Maclin REC YDS AVG TD
63 859 13.6 5

Harvin REC YDS AVG TD
87 967 11.1 6

NIcks REC YDS AVG TD
76 1192 15.7 7

Britt REC YDS AVG TD
17 289 17 3

Feb 12, 2004
Same way yall thought McClain would better than P Willy, huh? Keep dreaming homie. The catches Crabtree makes DHB wishes he could make in his dreams. Only place i've heard people say DHB is better than Crabtree is on here. They brought it up on 95.7 and everyone thought it was laughable. Kind of make sense you guys thought your team was a superbowl contender(LOL) when you think DHB is better than Crabtree. Delusional, retarded, or all of the above?

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
lmfao@ it all comes down to that Bills Game! Even MIA OR LIONS if we took care of business in those 2 games we'd be in the dance so fuck you Kyle Boiler An Fuck you DB's For not being able to cover anyone AN Fucking body im stilll pissed off but im always happy to saw maybe next week Carson will be able to get a worth of shit WR Core

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
Here’s which teams the Raiders play in 2012:
At the Coliseum — Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Jacksonville Jaguars, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

On the road — Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, Cincinnati Bengals, Baltimore Ravens, Carolina Panthers and Atlanta Falcons.

The dates and times won’t be announced until early- to mid-April.

Dec 4, 2006
Palmer was a Hue idea and a bad move by him IMO...just like Houshmandzadeh and I said it from the get..

I don't see Palmer getting any better next season and the one after...a waste of $$ and trades ..

if the Raiders do get a GM..I hope that GM does get rid of Hue Jackson .. he's not ready to be a HC IMO..

Jun 23, 2005
Whiny would u think he wouldn't get better? He is going to have the whole season to get in better shape and get his timing down with the WRs, plus hopefully have a healthy DMC

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
I just want the team to hire a good gm and let him do whatever he thinks is best for the team. don't care who gets fired/cut/traded, so long as it works out well for us in the end.

Dec 4, 2006
Whiny would u think he wouldn't get better? He is going to have the whole season to get in better shape and get his timing down with the WRs, plus hopefully have a healthy DMC

Because Palmer will not get better...he'll be throwing picks after picks next season..

fix his time? he had plenty of time to fix that in the games he played when he was hired...

face it, Palmer was not the answer...stop being a delusional fucking faggot for once and open your eyes..

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
fact is, there is no replacement for training camp. during the season you spend all your time preparing for whatever team you're playing that week. ain't much time in there to do all of the things that get worked on in camp and OTAs. palmer is still a better qb than campbell.

the reason why it was a bad move, is because it was done out of desperation to save the season. well the season was a waste anyway, since we didn't make the playoffs. so now in retrospect, it was a bad move. we'll see what happens next year though, with a full offseason of OTAs and training camp.

Jun 23, 2005
Moore played like 3 games with Palmer ford like two. They have a lot of room for improvement with timing. YOur the delusional faggot who thinks a guy off the coach with little knowledge of the playbook will play at the same level as one with training camp and a greater knowledge of the play book.

Dec 4, 2006
Didn't you guys say that Palmer would take the Raiders to the Playoffs?

as reminded.....y'all gonna be the same team in years to come and winning 7-8 games a season if real changes are not made..