THE OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS 2009 SEASON THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I TOLD EVERYBODY ON HERE A WHILE BACK. IT IS A DISTINCT POSSIBILITY THAT GRUDEN COULD COME BACK.
apparently he was asked if he would come back that night, and he said he would come back to Oakland in a heartbeat

there's a few reasons why I think it may not happen though

1. I heard he's locked into his ESPN contract to do MNF for at least next season... and it would be hard for him to get out of it... so maybe if it would happen it wouldn't be until 2011
2. I think there would be a good chance he'd wanna work with Bruce Allen again, and Bruce Allen just went to Washington
3. Al is a stupid crazy old senile bastard who loves overpaying players... but doesn't wanna pay coaches SHIT!

who knows... either way it's cool to see Gruden kickin it with Raiders fans and rockin a Bo Jackson jersey... it would have been dope as fuck to have been at Ricky's that night

Dec 2, 2006
I TOLD EVERYBODY ON HERE A WHILE BACK. IT IS A DISTINCT POSSIBILITY THAT GRUDEN COULD COME BACK.
after allen was hired in washington i thought gruden may go there. but the word is shanahan is going to be their new coach. i hope so. if al knows what is good for his team and his pockets, he will bring back gruden. he should have never been traded.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I was just watching nfl live and john clayton is pretty sure that cable will be our coach again next year
I'm not really mad at Cable being the coach next year

unless we get a really good coach like Gruden or Cowher or some shit... then I say we keep Cable around... better than getting some lame dude like Jim Fassel, who is mentioned as a potential Raiders coach every fucking year

it seems like the team is buying into Cable... and they're playing hard for him... if we get another new coach it seems like we're gonna have to start all over again

I just think it's important that we get an offensive coordinator, Cable needs help calling plays for sure

Sep 24, 2006
I'm not really mad at Cable being the coach next year

unless we get a really good coach like Gruden or Cowher or some shit... then I say we keep Cable around... better than getting some lame dude like Jim Fassel, who is mentioned as a potential Raiders coach every fucking year

it seems like the team is buying into Cable... and they're playing hard for him... if we get another new coach it seems like we're gonna have to start all over again

I just think it's important that we get an offensive coordinator, Cable needs help calling plays for sure
I like cable over fassell but i think al does need to see if he could get a real coach in like gruden or cowher or someone like that and if not stick with cable but i think we need a real coach if we can get one

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Bring gruden back!! Hire a respectable gm then Al needs to STEP THE FUCK DOWN.
we all want this to happen... but it just won't

and I'm pretty sure if Gruden was gonna come back it wouldn't be until the 2011 season at least... because they say it's almost impossible for him to get out of his ESPN contract for 2010

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
I like cable over fassell but i think al does need to see if he could get a real coach in like gruden or cowher or someone like that and if not stick with cable but i think we need a real coach if we can get one
What do you mean by a real coach.....? We need for Al Davis to give controll to a coach first......Cable is a real coach and hes doing a damn good job IMO........I agree if we can get gruden back then lets do it.....But Cable needs to be apart of the staff.....

I feel the players just want some stability right now......They are playing hard for Cable just as they played hard for Kiffin......If we get Gruden back he needs to be signed to a long contract, paid well and be given total controll of draft picks, play calling and what coaches are implemented......

Head coaches have not been our problem as of late.....Its been the stuborness of Al Davis that has been the problem.....

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I think Cable knows how to work with Al, which is important

you need some kind of balance... if the coach wants to do everything his way and can't handle Al making decisions he won't last... because Al runs shit a certain way, and that's the way it is... no getting around that unless Al changes his mind

at the same time you need a coach who can have some kind of influence on Al

for example, look at out defense... it's still a lot of man to man... but we see more zone and blitzes now than we did with Rob Ryan

also, you gotta think Cable talked Al into benching Russell (although I don't see how that was a hard choice... seeing how bad Russell is)

my point is Cable seems to have a nice little balance on how to work with Al, and even though we're 5-9, the team seems to be going in the right direction

Dec 2, 2006
i'm not really mad about cable's coaching and play calling. He has the guys in the locker room still playing, which says alot. i think he misuses personell more than anything. nothing a film session cant change, i hope. if we cant bring back gruden let him do his thing again next year.

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
CABLE has got to go.. Bad personell and play calling choices all season long. This guy is not a head coach and needs to be replaced. I think we build our O Line in the off season and bring in either a marquee reciever and rock with Bruce or get a dope QB via trade or free agency and rock with the recievers we got. We need linebacker help, Strong safety and the other corner still isnt there. We also need full back and kick return help. Dump McFadden and J. Russ and most importantly build aorund what we have a line. I like Carlisle, Gallery and even Mario Henderson. We really need a center badly..

Jun 1, 2002
I DISAGREE. I SAY KEEP CABLE. HE HAS THIS TEAM FIGHTING. HIS RESOLVE AND FOCUS IN THE MIDST OF ALL THE MEDIA ASSASSINATING HIS CHARACTER WAS REALLY REMARKABLE. EARLIER IN THE SEASON, I AGREED WITH YOU, JACK. BUT CABLE HAS WON ME OVER. I LISTEN TO CABLE EVERY TUESDAY NIGHT ON SIRIUS NFL RADIO. THIS GUY GETS IT. HE IS A FOOTBALL GUY. 100% THROUGH AND THROUGH. HE LOVES THE RAIDERS. HE'S ACTUALLY PRETTY SMART TOO.

THIS TEAM BELIEVES IN HIM. THEY PLAY HARD FOR HIM. HE SINGLEHANDEDLY RESURRECTED THE CAREERS OF ROBERT GALLERY, MICHAEL HUFF. THAT WAS ALL CABLE. ALSO, HE WORKS WELL WITH AL. SOMETHING WHICH NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO DO SINCE GRUDEN/ALLEN. AL RESPECTS HIS INPUT AND HE KNOWS WHEN TO STAND UP TO AL FOR WHAT HE BELIEVES.

MOST OF ALL, WHAT THE RAIDERS NEED IS CONTINUITY. TO PUT ANOTHER COACH IN, SO THE ENTIRE TEAM CAN LEARN A WHOLE NEW SYSTEM, WOULD KEEP US A LOSING FRANCHISE. CABLE NEEDS MORE TIME. HE CAN MAKE THIS TEAM GOOD, AS WE'VE SEEN THIS SEASON WHEN WE BEAT PLAYOFF TEAMS. WE NEED TO KEEP CABLE!!! IF ANYTHING WE NEED TO HIRE A GOOD OC THAT CAN ASSUME PLAYCALLING DUTIES AND MAYBE OPEN UP THE PLAYBOOK A BIT. THAT'S WHAT WE NEED, NOT A NEW HEAD COACH.